Aircraft Super Thread Mk.VII

For the record, the current software for the F-35 limits it to just over 7Gs, 9Gs will be the next release. I also recall similar comments made about the Eurofighter Typhoon vs the Rafale, when the Typhoon had also had less of its flight envelope cleared compared to the Rafale...

Best I can say, old bean, is we're working on it... though you might want to start considering a buy of Rafale M's. Or Gripens. 

In answer to the "What else do we fly from HMS Her Maj" replies 1) as far as I'm aware, theres no naval Gripens and we can't use Rafales because shes not a CATOBAR carrier and 2) Didn't we sell all the Harriers to you lot anyway? Can we have some back please? :lol:

Elsewhere in the UK, someone finally got Galland his "squadron of Spitfires" [1] (sort of):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-40426747/luftwaffe-ace-flies-in-spitfire

[1] I will not be the first to point out that this is one of the most mis-interpreted wartime quotes ever.

Gripen NG will be made in a navalized variant. Dunno if CATOBAR will be required, it's a small light aircraft. 

Edited by Sildani

2 hours ago, Sildani said:

Then shoot. Sea Flankers then? ;)

MIG-29K?

Yak-38? lol, jk.

On 29/06/2017 at 5:03 PM, Sildani said:

Then shoot. Sea Flankers then? ;)

You clearly haven't seen the UK news the past couple of days, where we've been calling their carrier a second-hand car and they've been calling ours a "convenient target"... :lol:

Seafires broke a lot, unfortunately. Tejas is an interesting choice but unless F-35Bs are shown to be unable to catch a paper glider I suspect we'll be sticking with them...

I too think the Gripen NG would be a decent choice if it can get off the carrier loaded with fuel and weapons.

19 hours ago, F-ZeroOne said:

You clearly haven't seen the UK news the past couple of days, where we've been calling their carrier a second-hand car and they've been calling ours a "convenient target"... :lol:

Seafires broke a lot, unfortunately. Tejas is an interesting choice but unless F-35Bs are shown to be unable to catch a paper glider I suspect we'll be sticking with them...

The F-35 really has become the Windows Vista of fighter aircraft.

I LOVE the Firefox. I've been toying with a slight redesign of it using faceted angles over the whole airframe like the F-117. It's nose section already sort of does it. Would fit in the story too, we steal the Firefox and use what we learn from it for our Stealth program giving the F-117.

Chris

Me too!!!   FireFox was and is one of my favorite 80's movies!  I ALWAYS wanted a model kit of that plane and never did get one..I don't event know if one was ever made???  

If you never read the sequel novel by Craig Thomas, Firefox Down!, the same author that wrote Firefox, it's worth a read!  In a nutshell, he has to ditch in the middle of Siberia  after a fuel leak (i think) resulting from the air to air combat with FireFox 2, and gets captured, taken back to Russia and then escapes and has to get back to the plane with both the Russians and Americans racing to get back to the plane 1st.  I read it when I was a kid, my first novel.. haha.. my mom got me hooked, I always wanted them to do a sequel movie with Eastwood, but no... :(

Edited by derex3592

The Firefox was an awesome design although it only seemed to be able to carry the short-range R-60 missile.

I know it's a game but this is a very interesting module that I'm looking forward to along with the F-14A/B also in the works.

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Me too!!!   FireFox was and is one of my favorite 80's movies!  I ALWAYS wanted a model kit of that plane and never did get one..I don't event know if one was ever made???  

If you never read the sequel novel by Craig Thomas, Firefox Down!, the same author that wrote Firefox, it's worth a read!  In a nutshell, he has to ditch in the middle of Siberia  after a fuel leak (i think) resulting from the air to air combat with FireFox 2, and gets captured, taken back to Russia and then escapes and has to get back to the plane with both the Russians and Americans racing to get back to the plane 1st.  I read it when I was a kid, my first novel.. haha.. my mom got me hooked, I always wanted them to do a sequel movie with Eastwood, but no... :(

Yup, read it too. Great book.  I too always wants a model of the Firefox...none of the currently available kits are very accurate, unfortunately. :(

Chris

Firefox: Thought guidance system, but you must think in Russian....

Clint Eastwood thinks in Russian: "give me a sandwich"  --> Firefox blows up a sandwich shop, at low levels, pops open the canopy just briefly for a sandwich to drop in.

That would have been cool, and would put Apple, Google, et al out of business.  :p

1 hour ago, Dobber said:

Yup, read it too. Great book.  I too always wants a model of the Firefox...none of the currently available kits are very accurate, unfortunately. :(

Chris

I take it back.....the Anigrand kit looks pretty nice. Thanks for the heads up Electric Indigo. 

Chris