30th Anniversary Exhibit NEWS - Talk

dreadpyrat

I really don't get the part where they mention that they were considering scrapping the Osaka exhibit altogether if they weren't going to be able to show it in Gerwalk as per the original plan, until they were convinced by the rights holders to go ahead with it in the same style as the Nagoya and Tokyo exhibits "because there are lots of Macross fans in the Kansai area". Why are they telling us this??

Haha...ha........ha...

A lack of the intensity? Bullshit. The shape of the standing Gerwalk is apparently physically difficult to make, but those guys said "we can make it," huh? If they can't do it, must not say it.

I was looking forward to it, but so skeptical about it simultaneously. Not like Odaiba Gundam, Gerwalk never upstand. Where is the center of gravity? Even a guy like me who doesn't know physics well can understand that it is so difficult to make.

So disappointed.

Well... at least it's coming here.

... and the good news is that they aren't going to cheat a standing GERWALK (ie "repair & power" cables for the roof, or crates and boarding ladders to hide the supports.) The mock-up that they made is probably quite heavy and not properly balanced for midair suspension...

Ah well, it'll make for an interesting birthday present for my son. He likes looking at the models I have on the shelf (and "flying" them when he can). Being able to stand on the outstretched palm of one will probably blow his mind, because that Valkyrie is REAL (in his mind.)

Ah... simpler times of the 6 year old.

Edited by sketchley

Indeed, to still be 6yrs old..........although for me at that age (1973), Speed Racer's Mach 5 would've utterly blown my little mind. I can only imagine how much overload I would've been in had the valkyrie existed then.

Edited by Capt Hungry

Macross the Design just started at the Parco here. Wife was nice enough to go right at the opening (even after working overnight!), and she snagged me a ticket for a Mikimoto signing. Also got me a ticket to the talk show, too, but I can't make it to that.

Yes, I love her, and I'll keep her!

Guess there's a huge Macross banner down in the underground passage between Odori and Susukio stations. Grab some pics tomorrow.

Stopped at Macross the Design at Sapporo Parco yesterday. Was #31 out of 100 to get a Mikimoto sign.

Mikimoto-san, and I assume Sheryl

post-12411-0-74840000-1350779128_thumb.jpg

What he was signing. He personalized each one, pretty cool!

post-12411-0-58988300-1350779141_thumb.jpg

While Mikimoto was signing, Tenjin came out, and was signing random model boxes (featuring his art, of course), and putting them back on the shelves.

post-12411-0-36162500-1350779117_thumb.jpg

He started his own little signing event, so of course I had to get in there. This is the 3-D poster he drew. Can't see it in the photo, but his signing looks like it's floating on top of everything. Mine was the first poster he had signed, and everyone was impressed at how cool it came out.

post-12411-0-30830300-1350779106_thumb.jpg

I even saw several other people after me running to the shelf to buy and have signed. Trend starter? B))

Got to talk with Tenjin for 5-10 minutes while waiting for a pen change. Nice guy. I was wearing a Macross World T-Shirt, and he mentioned that he talked with Graham a couple of years ago. I asked him if he was doing the artwork for the Hasegawa VF-25, and he said "probably". But, he also mentioned that he wasn't sure about doing the Bandai VF-1 art (if I understood correctly).

Going back on Wednesday to hunt for that big banner (actually between Sapporo and Odori, not Odori and Susukino. Tokyo people know nothing of Sapporo! :angry: ), and actually go into the exhibit.

Sapporo seems to be cold because Mikimoto-san is wearing a turtleneck shirt.

Were there any Banpresto Ichiban-kuji items?

It was 15 degrees today. Practically balmy!!

Didn't see any Banpresto stuff. The goods area is not all that big. They did have a VF-1 T-shirt I wanted to get. Hopefully they'll still have the XL size when I go back.

Edited by Jefuemon

Finally found that banner. It's in the underground passage between Sapporo and Odori, right outside the Sapporo exit.

Went though the display, too. Probably much smaller than Tokyo (unfortunately, no 1:1 Messiah), but well worth the ¥300 entrance fee.

If you're in Sapporo before November 4th, check it out!

post-12411-0-65559200-1351068554_thumb.jpg

post-12411-0-86152700-1351068562_thumb.jpg

post-12411-0-40963200-1351068546_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Macross 2 has actually been fairly well represented in the 30th Anniversary celebrations. It got rebroadcast on Animax, an SD Ishtar figure, an Ishtar phone strap, and an Ishtar sticker. And then theres the fact that it was included in the 2nd PSP game a couple of years back. Thats more merchandise than the last decade or so! lol.

Oh, and we will get Mac 2 song(s) at the upcoming Macross Crossover 30 Live (Ishtar is included on the poster, but not the tshirts).

Now all thats left is the BD release which I'm sure will happen eventually.

All in all, I think its gotten a fair amount of recognition as of late.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...