All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

14 hours ago, JB0 said:

I've INSTALLED Shenzen IO, but not played it. It looks neat. 

I know nothing about Shenzhen IO, but I've been to the actually city of Shenzhen.  It's not that great.  You're better off crossing the bridge and going to Hong Kong, or if you want to stay in the mainland (Hong Kong is nice, but doesn't feel particularly Chinese) go to Beijing.

46 minutes ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

I know nothing about Cyberia, but I've been to the actual province of Siberia.  It's not that great.  You're better off crossing the frozen tundra to Finland to grab some cabbage rolls, or if you want to stay in the mainland go to Moscow. :lol:

You saved my vacation!

1 hour ago, mikeszekely said:

You saved my vacation!

Not a Starbucks around in THAT joint, that's for sure.

I just learned Battlezone for the PS4 VR had an update that allows one to play 1980 Battlezone in the VR environment. I have officially spent more time playing that Classic mode than the official campaign mode.

1 hour ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

Not a Starbucks around in THAT joint, that's for sure.

I just learned Battlezone for the PS4 VR had an update that allows one to play 1980 Battlezone in the VR environment. I have officially spent more time playing that Classic mode than the official campaign mode.

It is fantastic, isn't it? Did a bunch of that with my Rift.

22 minutes ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

It's totally awesome-and dual track controls!  That should have been in the main game too.

I did notice the cockpit view shows a dual-throttle setup that "converts" your boring robotron-style inputs. It gives me all sorts of ideas. 

Big problem seems to be the game isn't set up for head-track aiming. If it was, dual-throttle would work AMAZING.

Following up on this...

On 12/20/2017 at 7:26 PM, Gerli said:

This is amazing... but think about the posibilites...

A new X-Wing vs Tie-Fighter with Graphics like this?

YESSSS!

On 12/20/2017 at 8:24 PM, kajnrig said:

What with Star Citizen having been sued by Crytek - and the charges appear at least initially to have some merit - I'd be worried about this project's future... Best of luck to them, though.

There's also the entire Rogue Squadron trilogy, fully remastered AS OF NOW and the devs are literally just waiting for someone at Disney to notice them and throw them a publishing bone.

On 12/20/2017 at 11:04 PM, Gerli said:

Crytek it's done for, I suppose they're scraping the last coins they can. Even the former Crytek lawyers are now working with Chris Roberts so... :p

But I Really Hope they can finish the engine and use it to do others universes like Star Treek and Star Wars... the posibilites are endless.

On 12/20/2017 at 11:43 PM, kajnrig said:

Oh believe me, I have no sympathy whatsoever for Crytek. Aside from a continuous stream of terrible business decisions, their games are also just... kinda... average at best. Still, being a painfully mediocre game studio doesn't mean they don't have a potentially strong case here.

...I bring you this.

Short version:

Crytek files a lawsuit against Cloud Imperium Games (devs of Star Citizen) and Roberts Space Industries (parent company of CIG), claiming

Breach of contract: CIG breached the CryEngine licensing contract they both signed by:

1. using CryEngine to develop a second game, Squadron 42, surreptitiously (the contract is only for "the Game," ie Star Citizen)
  2. not exclusively using CryEngine for Star Citizen's game engine
  3. removing CryEngine logo/trademarks/etc. from the splash screens/credits/etc. of Star Citizen
  4. not providing bugfixes/optimizations/etc. that they made to CryEngine
  5. sharing CryEngine tech with third parties

Copyright infringement: CIG infringed on Crytek's copyright by:

1. basically #5 above

CIG responds with a motion to dismiss the lawsuit, responding to:

Breach of contract: CIG provides the court with a copy of the licensing agreement, and claims they did not breach it because:

1. The agreement explicitly uses the term "the Game" to refer to the combo of Star Citizen and Squadron 42
  2. The agreement states that CIG has the exclusive right to use CryEngine for Star Citizen if they want to do so, NOT that CIG has to use exclusively CryEngine for Star Citizen
  3. Since they aren't using CryEngine, they have no obligation to put its logos/trademarks/etc. on the splash screens/credits/etc. of Star Citizen
  4. did not address this
  5. did not address this

Copyright infringement: CIG can't infringe on Crytek's copyright if they aren't using the copyrighted engine in their work.

The long version:

Edited by kajnrig

Anyone picking up Monster Hunter World on Xbox by chance? PS4 I'm sure there will be plenty, but I know Xbox isn't as popular all around, let alone with this franchise. I've had mine pre-ordered for my X1X for over a month now, I'm excited! I haven't played a Monster Hunter since Tri on my old Wii. I played the beta several times on my dusty launch PS4 and loved it, but Xbox is where most of my friends play and that's what I've invested all my time in so I am mostly on that, my PS4 is for the occasional Sony exclusive that interests me. I'm definitely maining charge blade like I always do, then maybe I'll try insect glaive or dual blades, not sure yet.

13 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Anyone else checking out the AGDQ streams? I didn't realize they had them already but have been catching a bunch of the runs on Youtube. Great stuff as always.

Yup AGDQ is always a fun time though I haven't watched too many of the YT highlights yet. The Bloodborne run was pretty great.

I also watched the Resident Evil 3 race, it's already one of my favorites from any GDQ.

56 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

Anyone picking up Monster Hunter World on Xbox by chance? PS4 I'm sure there will be plenty, but I know Xbox isn't as popular all around, let alone with this franchise. I've had mine pre-ordered for my X1X for over a month now, I'm excited! I haven't played a Monster Hunter since Tri on my old Wii. I played the beta several times on my dusty launch PS4 and loved it, but Xbox is where most of my friends play and that's what I've invested all my time in so I am mostly on that, my PS4 is for the occasional Sony exclusive that interests me. I'm definitely maining charge blade like I always do, then maybe I'll try insect glaive or dual blades, not sure yet.

PS4 here, going to be my first MH game. From playing the beta I'm probably gonna be using the Gunlance and Charge Blade.

Picked up DBFZ as a birthday gift for a friend, and we'll be playing it tomorrow night. Since I couldn't get in on EVEN ONE match during the Beta...

-______________-

...it'll be my first time playing the game. From what I've heard, it has some very easy controls, which is great since I don't have a good arcade stick to work with. It's a six-button fighter, but in the style of MVC3 - light, medium, strong attack, "special" ie ki blasts, and I think a tag attack and a chase button to round it off. Who should I go with first? I'm thinking Krillin, Piccolo, and... Gohan? Just going off of my favorites from DBZ Abridged. I know absolutely NOTHING about this show.

11 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Who should I go with first? I'm thinking Krillin, Piccolo, and... Gohan? Just going off of my favorites from DBZ Abridged. I know absolutely NOTHING about this show.

How can you watch DBZ Abridged and not have Vegeta in your top 3?

5 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

How can you watch DBZ Abridged and not have Vegeta in your top 3?

Goku and Vegeta I absolutely loathe not from a character standpoint - I loved the DBZA Cell fight ("No!" "No!" "NO!" "YEESSSSSSS!!!!") - but just because of the dumb way Toriyama constantly power creeps them. What are they up to now? Like seven levels of Super Saiyan, two new Super Saiyan modes on top of that, and now a blue-hair "Prestige Mode" Super Saiyan?

54 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Goku and Vegeta I absolutely loathe not from a character standpoint - I loved the DBZA Cell fight ("No!" "No!" "NO!" "YEESSSSSSS!!!!") - but just because of the dumb way Toriyama constantly power creeps them. What are they up to now? Like seven levels of Super Saiyan, two new Super Saiyan modes on top of that, and now a blue-hair "Prestige Mode" Super Saiyan?

Yeah, that's reason to hate them if you're following the various Dragon Ball animes or mangas.

But going only off DBZ abridged, Vegeta is hilarious.

On 1/26/2018 at 10:14 PM, kajnrig said:

This man is a ferocious Yakuza who regularly beats people to a bloody pulp using nothing but his fists.

kiryu3.gif.7f0090f91745f3cc7d1bd55701696e18.gif

Here's some context for those not in the know.

Who am I kidding everyone will still be confused.

42 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

Should we be excited? I was under the impression that the first two were pretty bad free-to-play games.

Ehh the first game was fun but the free to play model sucked. It was one of those pay for fuel to use your MS each day kinda deals. The trailer voice over is hilariously bad, I hope we get a US release but I won't hold my breath.

I've been playing MHW a TON lately, took Monday and Tuesday off this week to play it as well. LOVE the game, I had a number of friends that played previous games that tried to scare me into thinking it was "dumbed down" or some other stupid non-sense, it isn't, they were panicking and whining before release, and it turns out the game is fine. Been playing on my Xbox one X in performance mode, looks good, runs really good, I love it. I'm at about 80 hours already, high rank and HR 13.