All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

11 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

Y'know, for all the HD Collections we've gotten during the last two console generations I cannot fathom why we never got an Ace Combat HD collection of 4, 5, and Zero.  Maybe the pair of PSP games, too.

AC4 would be interesting. It would make me a happy individual to see a remake of the JP version of AC3: Electrosphere brought over to the West.

I dunno if this is the same mission as the others or not (haven't seen past the briefing just yet), but it has developer commentary attached to it.

EDIT: The dev chose to use the F/A-18E instead of the F-14D, at least.

EDIT 2: Weather effects, including 3D clouds and godrays. Vehicle handling and HUD functionality can change depending on environment (such as turbulent winds inside a cumulonimbus cloud). Icing can occur.

Edited by kajnrig

I just wanted to give the heads up for World of Tanks and Valkyria Chronicles fans. Wargaming just added the edelweiss and Nameless tanks from VC into the game as purchasable premium tanks.

They're not cheap though, the asking price for the mega bundle they're in right now costs about $80 US. That bundle also comes with 30 days premium and a bunch of crew and XP boosts. The good news is they will eventually be released in cheaper bundles with less bonuses or  sold seperately if you just want one of the two over the next couple of weeks.

It annoys me to no end that these two tanks get specials crews from VC, but we couldn't get Miho for the Anglerfish that was released months ago. 

On 6/17/2017 at 9:46 AM, Shadow said:

AC4 would be interesting. It would make me a happy individual to see a remake of the JP version of AC3: Electrosphere brought over to the West.

If you don't mind the PS1 graphics you can play the JP version of AC3 with an English fan patch that covers all the different story paths and some of the side content. https://projectnemo.net/about.shtml

I'd still like to see an AC3 remake, so many cool designs I'd love to see updated. They can keep the original intro though. 

Another game to file into the "I didn't know I needed this in my life until I saw it" category. There's even a free demo to try out!  The kickstarter is already funded, though they did only ask for a small amount. 

1 hour ago, David Hingtgen said:

I have Ninja Gaiden Trilogy MIB, could have just asked me. :)

You still have it after all these years?  If you want to unload it let me know. I also dug my Jaguar, PS1, GameCube, Turbografx and Xbox out of storage; I'm trying to get all my consoles together, new and old...

Edited by myk

Some years ago, a local video game store got ahold of some new-old-stock SNES games.  Cases of them.  I was there for the unboxing.  NG trilogy was one of the cases.   Nothing else was nearly as good, but I picked up a couple others.  

I planned on SNES'ing until dawn when I got home, just like back in the day, but of course when I get home I discover I have every power supply except an SNES one.  Da**it!

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't sit through more than two minutes of his rambling, but wouldn't the obvious answer be exclusives? I do an overwhelming amount of my gaming on PC, but I've got myself a small library of PS4 games, all of which aren't available on PC or weren't when I got it.

8 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

I like consoles better than computers. is that a valid answer?

More like an opinion.

I like PC's because all the flexibility you have, also Free multiplayer and better prices in games and variety of controls.

Also mods, emulators and retro-compatibility.

Edited by Gerli

3 hours ago, Gerli said:

More like an opinion.

I like PC's because all the flexibility you have, also Free multiplayer and better prices in games and variety of controls.

Also mods, emulators and retro-compatibility.

I definitely shared this opinion back when I was doing my bachelors (still have a PC), but these days, the ease of consoles and consolidation under a single network (i.e. PSN) has really made me appreciate the console experience. I also have the "Pro" PS4, which brings me close to a decent PC experience in terms of graphics.

Also, I can reasonably compete with people on console with a gamepad, but people on PC with m/k are just too good for me to keep up with online multiplayer these days :p

Hmmn, the sign says NEW DESIGNS by Ishigaki.  So I think they're just showing the original designs vs "having nothing to show at all".  I'm not expecting to get a Weltall figure.  Maybe "Weltall 3.0".   

PS---transformable Weltall, please?  (I don't expect color-change, but physically---it works extremely well--it canonically wears all its kibble on its back).   Just have a perma-Id-colored version.  

3 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

Hmmn, the sign says NEW DESIGNS by Ishigaki.  So I think they're just showing the original designs vs "having nothing to show at all".  I'm not expecting to get a Weltall figure.  Maybe "Weltall 3.0".   

PS---transformable Weltall, please?  (I don't expect color-change, but physically---it works extremely well--it canonically wears all its kibble on its back).   Just have a perma-Id-colored version.  

Yeah, the Id transformation is beautifully simple, yet there's just enough to it that you can't tell they're the same suit at first glance. I'd love to get a transforming figure, fragile as those back pieces/limb extensions would be.

"Weltall 3.0..." You mean the Xenogears?

Edited by kajnrig

So, any of you guys remember your PS3/PSP days?  If so, I'm hoping you can help me out.  

I just got my hands on a PSP and just the other day I bought and downloaded three games to my PS3, which I then copied over to my PSP.  I bought Sega Genesis collection today, downloaded it to my PS3 and then tried to move it to the PSP, but I got a message saying there was a copying error, #80029725.  I tried looking up that error code but didn't see anything.  What's even stranger is that trying to re-download all of the other games that I had successfully downloaded and copied just a few days ago get the same copy error code that I listed above.  

I don't understand what could've changed from a couple of days ago to now, where I suddenly can't copy files I've downloaded through the store.  In case you're wondering, my PSP is a 3000 model that is not running custom firmware; it is all stock.  Thanks in advance guys...

I have a Razer Kraken... been so long I can't recall the specific model. It's not one of the fancy ones, but it's an analog one, with separate jacks for the audio and the mic for PC. It came with an adapter to plug the jacks into and have a single Jack for both, so I can also use it for those rare instances of console gaming.

6 hours ago, myk said:

So, any of you guys remember your PS3/PSP days?  If so, I'm hoping you can help me out.  

I just got my hands on a PSP and just the other day I bought and downloaded three games to my PS3, which I then copied over to my PSP.  I bought Sega Genesis collection today, downloaded it to my PS3 and then tried to move it to the PSP, but I got a message saying there was a copying error, #80029725.  I tried looking up that error code but didn't see anything.  What's even stranger is that trying to re-download all of the other games that I had successfully downloaded and copied just a few days ago get the same copy error code that I listed above.  

I don't understand what could've changed from a couple of days ago to now, where I suddenly can't copy files I've downloaded through the store.  In case you're wondering, my PSP is a 3000 model that is not running custom firmware; it is all stock.  Thanks in advance guys...

1.) Were you able to play the three downloaded games before you recopied them?

2.) Do you have enough space on your memory stick for the fourth game (Sega Genesis Collection)?

3.) You might have to reformat your memory stick on your PSP and/or update the firmware on both consoles.

4.) Custom firmware is definitely something you should look into.

5.) Also PPSSPP, the PSP emulator. I think it's developed to the point that there are Android/iPhone ports, so you can play your games on your mobile devices.

On 7/26/2017 at 0:56 PM, azrael said:

HyperX Cloud. My only beef with it is that it's a wee bit tight for my head.

I just ordered the HyperX Cloud2 because the 7.1 surround sound in my new Arctis 5 sucks! I've read online to turn off the surround sound but I paid for that feature plus it has LEDs placed at the most annoying points, so damn annoyed as I have to send it back at my cost :angry:

Edited by TangledThorns

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...