All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

Guest davidwhangchoi

YESS!!!!!!!

From NeoGAF thread

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/chase_tooikioku/

http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201603110050/

VfYbIFo.jpgdDwczr1.jpg
"Hard-boiled" adventure game directed by Taisuke Kanasaki (Another Code/Hotel Dusk) with other former Cing staff also working on it. Published by Arc System Works.
2015-2016 has been full great announcements :wub:
Edited by davidwhangchoi

Sony just announced the Playstation VR headset will be released in October 2016 for $399, €399, £349 and 44,980 yen.

Below is the links to the games and comparison chart with the other headsets

http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/List_of_PS4_Games_Compatible_With_PlayStation_VR

Sony just announced the Playstation VR headset will be released in October 2016 for $399, €399, £349 and 44,980 yen.

Below is the links to the games and comparison chart with the other headsets

http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/List_of_PS4_Games_Compatible_With_PlayStation_VR

I'm hearing that those prices don't include a required camera.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i think this thing is a short fad gimmick like 3d, i'm going to wait though before passing too much judgement

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I'm hearing that those prices don't include a required camera.

You are correct, the price doesn't include the camera which is an additional $60. also some games will require the Move controller which is additional cost.

But I think it's still cheaper than the other VR headset requirements, which is a PC in the $1,000 range (which is NVIDIA GTX 970/AMD 290 equiv or greater

Intel i5-4590 equiv or greater 8GB+ DDR3 RAM HDMI 1.3 video output 2 USB 3.0 ports)

i think this thing is a short fad gimmick like 3d, i'm going to wait though before passing too much judgement

I agree, it's going to be a niche audience, but the experience is awesome!

Guest davidwhangchoi

You are correct, the price doesn't include the camera which is an additional $60. also some games will require the Move controller which is additional cost.

But I think it's still cheaper than the other VR headset requirements, which is a PC in the $1,000 range (which is NVIDIA GTX 970/AMD 290 equiv or greater

Intel i5-4590 equiv or greater 8GB+ DDR3 RAM HDMI 1.3 video output 2 USB 3.0 ports)

I agree, it's going to be a niche audience, but the experience is awesome!

you know what scares me from dropping 400+. is the fear of getting dizzy.

the first time i really got motion sickness from a game was playing portal up close on my laptop and tele-porting through a loop that spun and repeated several times. messed me up for 12 hours and i was careful after to keep away from my screen when playing those type of games.

VR is just so up in your face.. i just think dizzy complaints that are going to happen.

If you're going to include the cost of the PC that I already have that already meets the requirements, then you might as well count the cost of the PS4 in the requirements for the PSVR.

In any case, I'm not bringing up the additional costs for PSVR to start an argument over PSVR vs Oculus vs Vive or whatever. Let other people rate the experiences of each, present the pros and cons, and let the consumers decide what's right for them. I'm only bringing it up because I think Sony's being a bit quiet about the additional requirements.

As for the VR experience, I don't think it's a gimmick like 3D. I feel pretty comfortable saying that it's the direction gaming is definitely heading in, but the question you have to ask before you buy into any VR is "are we there yet?" I kind of don't think so. That's why, even though my PC is VR-ready, I'm holding off a year or two. Let them work out the kinks, and (on the PC at least) figure out which VR solution gets more widely adopted or has that first killer app.

you know what scares me from dropping 400+. is the fear of getting dizzy.

the first time i really got motion sickness from a game was playing portal up close on my laptop and tele-porting through a loop that spun and repeated several times. messed me up for 12 hours and i was careful after to keep away from my screen when playing those type of games.

VR is just so up in your face.. i just think dizzy complaints that are going to happen.

yea...about that dizzy thing, that's definitely an issue. Sony needs to set up demo stations at retail stores so people can see if that causes issues before that 400+ investment.

VR is going to need to be a whole lot cheaper if they want to hit mass market, maybe include it with the next gen systems if they want to make the big push. I doubt it will be a gimmick that fades away like 3D TV did though, too much has been invested at this point by multiple companies to let it die.

If you're going to include the cost of the PC that I already have that already meets the requirements, then you might as well count the cost of the PS4 in the requirements for the PSVR.

In any case, I'm not bringing up the additional costs for PSVR to start an argument over PSVR vs Oculus vs Vive or whatever. Let other people rate the experiences of each, present the pros and cons, and let the consumers decide what's right for them. I'm only bringing it up because I think Sony's being a bit quiet about the additional requirements.

As for the VR experience, I don't think it's a gimmick like 3D. I feel pretty comfortable saying that it's the direction gaming is definitely heading in, but the question you have to ask before you buy into any VR is "are we there yet?" I kind of don't think so. That's why, even though my PC is VR-ready, I'm holding off a year or two. Let them work out the kinks, and (on the PC at least) figure out which VR solution gets more widely adopted or has that first killer app.

I see what you mean about Sony being quiet about that.

As for PC setup, I really think it's the way to go too! it'll be better and cheaper than setting up a 3 monitors gaming system. Just driving in a racing game where you turn your head to see the other cars instead of pushing a d-pad button or better yet, flying in a Valkyrie and seeing all of your surrounding (can't wait for EVE: Valkyrie!!).

While tragic(a tree blew over onto his truck while he was driving his daughter around), he's actually not involved in the Pokemon video games, beyond title logo and packaging. He was more involved in the card game and "trading figure game"

Played Battlefleet Gothic - Armada last night. Not bad fun actually. Just wish I could zoom out the camera shot alot more to view the entire map area to be able to plan moves better. Especially given the lumbering hulk the Battleships are!

Quite liked the ability to execute a fleeing captain as an example to the rest of the fleet.

Edited by NZEOD

Guest davidwhangchoi

You're pretty excited for this, aren't you?

i was pressured to wear this over my avatar on another forum:

jqaMs8J.png

Edited by davidwhangchoi

i was pressured to wear this over my avatar on another forum:

jqaMs8J.png

I'll assume that's a yes, because I don't know what that is.

I only ever played Virtue's Last Reward on the Vita, and to be honest I didn't care for it. I found the puzzles to be more annoying than entertaining, and I simply wasn't invested in the story enough to put up with it. But I might not be a fan of the entire visual novel genre; I couldn't even get into Danganronpa.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I only ever played Virtue's Last Reward on the Vita, and to be honest I didn't care for it. I found the puzzles to be more annoying than entertaining, and I simply wasn't invested in the story enough to put up with it. But I might not be a fan of the entire visual novel genre; I couldn't even get into Danganronpa.

well, you're in for a treat. this game is all cinematics like telltale to appeal to a broader fanbase. i highly recommend giving it a go since you have a pstv already. it's also coming to steam at an unannounced date.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I wasn't a big fan of visual novels until someone got me hooked on the Ace Attorney games, great characters and stories and I believe the first three are packaged together in the Nintendo online store. Ghost Trick is also excellent and is a one off story so you don't have to worry about 10 sequels.

Guest davidwhangchoi

trailer w/ Japanese VO much better version, thanks fully you can toggle which language you want:

Edited by davidwhangchoi