All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

I still think to this day that REmake for Gamecube and Wii was the defining Resident Evil title, best puzzles, best enemies and BOWs, Crimson Heads added a whole new gimmick to how you deal with the most basic enemies, the zombies, and the graphics were astounding at the time. They cut the fat and cheese for the most part and gamers were left with an incredibly polished survival horror experience, tank controls be damned, the whole Lisa Trevor content they added was fantastic, she was terrifying. On a side note I finally tried Silent Hills PT over the weekend on my buddies PS4, it was pretty, but I was unimpressed, it was barely unnerving, fun to beat though, is Silent Hills PS4 exclusive? I'm finally getting a next-gen console when Sunset Overdrive drops, I'm getting that ultra sexy white X1.

I still think to this day that REmake for Gamecube and Wii was the defining Resident Evil title, best puzzles, best enemies and BOWs, Crimson Heads added a whole new gimmick to how you deal with the most basic enemies, the zombies, and the graphics were astounding at the time. They cut the fat and cheese for the most part and gamers were left with an incredibly polished survival horror experience, tank controls be damned, the whole Lisa Trevor content they added was fantastic, she was terrifying. On a side note I finally tried Silent Hills PT over the weekend on my buddies PS4, it was pretty, but I was unimpressed, it was barely unnerving, fun to beat though, is Silent Hills PS4 exclusive? I'm finally getting a next-gen console when Sunset Overdrive drops, I'm getting that ultra sexy white X1.

Had it for GC, never played it. Still regret it.

Was in my party with "friends" in South Beach stage when that came out.

-b.

Edited by Kanedas Bike

Had it for GC, never played it. Still regret it.

Was in my party with "friends" in South Beach stage when that came out.

-b.

That's why I'm glad Capcom is releasing REmake on all the current consoles, everyone who missed out originally, plus a whole new generation of gamers now get to try out Resident Evil as it was in its glory days, before things got too ridiculous, before Resident Evil 6...

a whole new generation of gamers can experience the joys of a terrible inventory system, cumbersome tank controls and the worst fixed third person camera angles in the history of the known universe. :p:rolleyes:

People keep talking about Resident Evil's tank controls, but I still don't see it.

I mean, you have to have two sticks for tank controls!

yeah, that is unfair, tanks are far more maneuverable than your character in RE games before 4.

Guest davidwhangchoi

haha, but once you get used to it you love it. com'on man we're all gundam macross master modelers we're coordinated enough to get used to these controls.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

a whole new generation of gamers can experience the joys of a terrible inventory system, cumbersome tank controls and the worst fixed third person camera angles in the history of the known universe. :p:rolleyes:

Yup,its going to be great, maybe we can get a RE2 remake if we are lucky (nah we aren't).

Game isn't even out yet, but 3A is teasing figures (which means we won't see a sculpt for another year and preorders won't be until a year after that).

http://www.worldofthreea.com/threea-production-blog/3axdestiny

1408989653459_zps42c2d1fa.jpg

Oh yeah, and their 1/6 Halo 4 Master Chief is tentatively scheduled for a September preorder window. There's also an as yet unseen Halo Spartan figure listed for October:

http://www.worldofthreea.com/threea-production-blog/y1etk753utml8twjz39e7v4h5h4q62

The Hell?

That would be Kinect Star Wars. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinect_Star_Wars

basically it's your standard crap star wars game but built around Kinect controls, then there's a crazy bonus game that's more or less a reskinned Dance Central with a Star Wars theme. needless to say the dance minigame is the only part worth actually playing, because it's hilarious and Dance Central is one of the few legitimately fun and functional uses of the Kinect.

Not sure how interesting the Macross crowd is in sports games, but the demo for NHL 15 is out for the PS4 and Xbox One. I gave the PS4 version a whirl. Mechanically, I don't think it's as different from NHL 14 as I thought it would be, considering EA made it sound like it was a rebuild with a new physics engine. Not only did it not seem particularly different from NHL 14, but I tried the demo in both sim and arcade mode and couldn't tell the difference (although the difference was obvious on NHL 14). If anything, the biggest change in teh actual gameplay is that the AI is a little better in front of the net (offensively and defensively), and hitting seems like it's been toned way down.

Graphically, I think they've got room to improve, too. Yeah, the player models look better than the PS3 version (as they should), but you're not going to look at them and think it's anything the PS3 couldn't do. The biggest thing you'll notice is that the players' jerseys don't stick like they're actually part of the players' bodies. On the flip side, they flap and flutter like like flags in a windstorm. I dig the dynamic camera, though (specifically dynamic high)... if that was in NHL 14, I must not have used it.

The biggest change (and the best) is the presentation. I liked Bill Clement and Gary Thorne alright, but between the EA presentation and the fact that Clement and Thorne are ESPN personalities calling a hockey game when ESPN hasn't done NHL since something like 2004 I think made it that much more video gamey. The new presentation, with Doc Emrick and Eddie Olczyk feels a lot more like a television broadcast, with more NBC presentation and less EA presentation. Granted, I prefer the my local broadcast on Root Sports over NBC's for televised games, but there's no arguing the fact that NBC handles the nationally broadcast NHL games, and it was a smart move on EA's part to tap into that (luckily, though, there's no sign of Pierre McGuire). The presentation is further enhanced by the improved crowd, who actually look like humans in a 3D arena and not low-res models mimicking humans on a 2D background pasted around the boards.

If you have NHL 14 and you don't have a next-gen console, I'd guess it's not worth upgrading, since the PS3/Xbox 360 version is likely to be less "improved". If you're like me, though, counting the days until hockey (41 until the Pen's regular season opener) and want to make the jump from PS3 to PS4, though, you shouldn't be disappointed with NHL 15 (aside from having Patrice Bergeron on the cover, that is :p ).

And yeah, yeah, I know that NHL 15 is missing modes on the PS4/XB1 that were in NHL 14. If you liked those modes (I personally never played them), I can totally see why you'd be mad about it. All I can tell you is that the demo does include a message that EA is promising to work to continually improve NHL 15 with updates that, in there words, may include new game modes. With luck, maybe the mode you liked got cut to meet a launch deadline, and maybe it'll get patched in later.

My favorite zombie game ever made State of Decay is getting a release on Xbox One with all of it's DLC, plus some apparently new content, also a possible co-op sandbox mode from what I've been reading on their site and Twitter.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/29/state-of-decay-year-one-survival-edition-coming-to-xbox-one

Seriously good game, I highly recommend it, created by a tiny team and it's their first game release no less, I'm very happy to see the game sold well and was well received, I'll be double dipping when I get my white Xbox One.

Too excited about Silent Hills to care about anything else. Well, maybe a little bit about Destiny.

The trailer was amazing. Creepy as hell! The ghost thing wasn't very Silent Hill like but I'm sure It's gonna be great. I mean, these two geniuses working together on it, It's like a dream come true to SH fans.

So I have a question, is there a thread dedicated to co-op games, or co-op gaming? Is there anywhere MW members can go to find people to play co-op games with that they might not be able to find others to place with? The reason I ask is that Monaco What's Yours is Mine is free on 360 for Gold members, I love the game and I've had it since the day it released, but it's terribly frustrating to play with most random people I connect with, and my two cousins I regularly play with called it, and I quote, "indie garbage". Monaco is a fantastic co-op game, I'd just like to play with some competent players.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Never cared about silent hill, still don't care about silent hills, Super hyped for Destiny, and after that: HALO

become a resident evil fan today!!!

Never cared about silent hill, still don't care about silent hills, Super hyped for Destiny, and after that: HALO

Never cared about Halo, still don't care about Halo 5. Actually, a lot of games set for this holiday were already delayed, so I can't even say I'm super hyped for anything. If I had to pick something, I guess I'm most looking forward to Civilization: Beyond Earth and Assassin's Creed Unity.

So I have a question, is there a thread dedicated to co-op games, or co-op gaming? Is there anywhere MW members can go to find people to play co-op games with that they might not be able to find others to place with? The reason I ask is that Monaco What's Yours is Mine is free on 360 for Gold members, I love the game and I've had it since the day it released, but it's terribly frustrating to play with most random people I connect with, and my two cousins I regularly play with called it, and I quote, "indie garbage". Monaco is a fantastic co-op game, I'd just like to play with some competent players.

Try joining up with the folks at www.agerocks.com or www.theadultgamer.com

I am a member at both for those reasons.

Has anyone played any of the dogfighting in the upcoming Star Citizen? I'm hesitant to jump in because there are so many promises that are being made for this game and I am skeptical that they will all be fulfilled by launch. What do you guys think of SC?

I'm not sure who has been able to play it besides early subscribers and larger donors but that module of the game is complete (or as complete as it's going to get) so there might not be that many people who have played it.

Well, again, I know that sports games don't get a lot of attention here, but I figured I'd let you guys know. NHL 15 for the PS4 and Xbox One might be missing modes, but at least you can tell it's a new game. I'm hearing that NHL 15 on the PS3 and Xbox 360, though, is basically NHL 14 with updated rosters. Gameplay, menus, presentation, everything is more or less identical, except you're going to see Bergeron on the menu screen and it's going to have a 15 where there was a 14.

When THQ went under a few years ago Deep Silver bought Volition and the rights to Saints Row. As I recall they left Red Faction out of the deal which is a shame as that series still had potential (2 great games vs 2 crap games, oh well). I thought that Deep Silver just cut Volition up and moved some employees around but maybe they let them remain a game studio, not sure.