All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

So stoked for a new Rainbow. I can't stress that enough. I've been playing RB6 with the same group of guys since the first Vegas and I'm sure we're going to destroy this game.

Nothing I'm too excited about so far from E3. It's all either stuff I knew was coming out this year already, like Assassin's Creed Unity, Dragon Age Inquisition, and Forza Horizon 2, stuff I kind of don't care about like yet another Call of Duty, or stuff that's far enough in the future that I'll wait until next E3 to get excited like the new Mass Effect.

The Vita TV is getting a US release as the PlayStation TV. Sony promises that at some point it will have the regular Vita's ability to stream from a PS4. I'll almost certainly get one for that reason alone. That would beat moving my whole PS4 to the bedroom next time I get the flu.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i think the new battlefield game shown at EA's E3 felt weird, not sure if i felt comfortable planning heists and killing cops... MW and those games seemed ok being in the military being in another country. domestic is a bit too much with all these domestic gunmen blasting students and cops in the news recently... just feel like the media is going to go crazy with this one. next time someone shoots up a cop and is found playing this game.

Excited for Call of Duty (furthest deviation from the norm in a while), the Division (although all Ubisoft games seem to be super over-hyped these days, and end up falling flat), Rainbow 6 (big fan of the Rainbow games), Evolve, and AC: Unity (if anything, for the story based co-op alone). Witcher 3 seems AWESOME. I'm a big witcher fan, and it's great to see that the rest of the gaming community has begun to really appreciate it, as well as CD Projekt Red.

Not really enthralled by BF: Hardline, since it seems like someone took BF4, and pasted a cops and robbers overlay on it. I was a big fan of the first Tomb Raider reboot, but I may be biased since I got it for 7 bucks. Hopefully, this new one will go beyond the first, making it worth the 60 bucks.

Far Cry 4 seems cool, but I feel like Ubisoft is jumping on the bandwagon with how successful Vaas, as a character, ended up being. That being said, I'm Indian, and the setting is way too close to home for me to skip :D

The things I was most looking forward to, Battlefront and Mass Effect 4, ended simply confirming that the game was being made......which we already knew :(

KH3 and FFXV would have been great, but Square (of course) has already confirmed that they won't show up, which is a little disappointing to say the least.

Ultimately, I feel like E3 (at least today's shows) fell a bit flat this year compared to previous years. Just felt like a lot of "coming 2015/6/7", which is too far away for me to REALLY get excited right now.

Edited by Archer

i think the new battlefield game shown at EA's E3 felt weird, not sure if i felt comfortable planning heists and killing cops... MW and those games seemed ok being in the military being in another country. domestic is a bit too much with all these domestic gunmen blasting students and cops in the news recently... just feel like the media is going to go crazy with this one. next time someone shoots up a cop and is found playing this game.

meh, I'm more bothered by the fact that it's basically GTA with all of the fun parts ruined.

I am so stoked for a bunch of this news, new incredible looking Rainbow Six, Sunset Overdrive still looks insanely fun and had a really funny trailer, Evolve looks amazing, and of course, who could deny that Batman Arkham Knight looks fantastic.

Edited by Tking22

I was a big fan of the first Tomb Raider reboot, but I may be biased since I got it for 7 bucks. Hopefully, this new one will go beyond the first, making it worth the 60 bucks

I liked it well enough, but the game was just too brief, too linear, and had a severe lack of secrets or actual tombs to raid to justify the $60 bucks I paid. Overall I enjoyed Underworld a lot more.

GTA 5 trailer

Part of me is really upset because this pretty much proves that the 360/ps3 version really was just a payed beta. but the other part of me is really excited to play this game in shiny HD.

Guest davidwhangchoi

meh, I'm more bothered by the fact that it's basically GTA with all of the fun parts ruined.

at least we have GTAV for pc and ps4/xone

DOOM announcement trailer

I didn't love Doom 3 (or, I suppose, Doom in general... I was more of a Duke Nukem 3D guy) the way some of my friends did. Wolfenstein might be the best game I've played this year so far (granted, I haven't played Infamous yet), though, so if the new Doom is even half as good, I'm in.

How's that? Do you consider DVDs a "paid beta" for Blu-rays?

The game has been out for 9 months now and they still haven't implemented major features of multiplayer that people were expecting to be there from the beginning. And considering all the bug/exploit fixes, rebalances, new content/features they have added since launch, it certainly feels like a beta to me.

Then you might not like Payday and Payday 2.

The game has been out for 9 months now and they still haven't implemented major features of multiplayer that people were expecting to be there from the beginning. And considering all the bug/exploit fixes, rebalances, new content/features they have added since launch, it certainly feels like a beta to me.

Welcome to the club... *cough* Battlefield 4 */cough*

I guess if you only play multiplayer...

Arkham Knight looks great, but I think Rocksteady might have gone a wee bit overboard with the Batmobile (i.e. Tank-grade anti-everything armament). That being said, I don't know enough about the story yet to make any calls about Bat's justifications for this. I know that Oracle specified "unmanned tanks" in the promo, so we'll see.

And I know some were upset about this, but I'm liking his batsuit's technological evolution into basically the "IronBat".

Excited for Call of Duty (furthest deviation from the norm in a while)

I'm tentatively excited for Advanced Warfare. I'm hoping that it actually does well and that there will be actual people to play with online this time. and I'm hoping the whole exoskeleton thing leads to better movement mechanics because I've been trying to play some ghosts after playing a bunch of titanfall, and it's literally painful how comparatively immobile you are.

For those who played Titanfall at some point, did you ever bother with Regeneration? I'm only on Gen 3 but I'm starting to hate having to do these challenges. The plasma railgun is just SO BAD... :wacko:

To people who have PS4, I got a couple of Beta keys for "Playstation Now" from E3. Should I just post the keys here or you guys PM me for it?

PM. Only members can post, but the forums can be viewed by anyone.