All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

Guest davidwhangchoi

i think titanfall might be x one's first huge hit. my friend got a x one so i'm going to wait till he get's it before i think about re buying an x 1

at least one was on the freeway with an automatic 3-star wanted level. The other two where ending up on the roofs of buildings where I couldn't find an easy way down. :p

GTA is a very fun game but I've kind of hit a point where I'm not super motivated to play it any more. I've logged just shy of 300 hours of play time on my main character in multilayer, I've maxed all of my stats, I own every gun, every article of clothing, every specialty vehicle, an apartment in a really good location with a 10 car garage filled with fully modded cars, and I'm still sitting on nearly half a billion dollars in cash. As soon as there's something new to do I'll be all over it again though.

That half billion you saved may have just gotten a lot smaller now that Rockstar removed the modded hacker money. Your cars and other items you purchased should still be safe.

To me, it's not the missions or procuring of "stuff" that I find so intriguing, but the open world sandbox style of play. My friends and I rarely do missions, rather, we go out and just mess around, having a grand time doing things that would get us into a LOT of trouble in real life. That, and the sheer vastness of the game leaves me always finding something new. Even though I don't often do missions, I have still made it to level 60 and maxed every stat just goofing around.

If you've run out of ideas, take a look at the subreddit group "Grand Theft Auto Adventures." This crew gets together to really just play around. One of the most memorable things I recall: trying to see just how many heavy dump trucks it takes to stop a train. Evidently it is more than 15, although the ridiculous explsosions were well worth the failed attempt.

That half billion you saved may have just gotten a lot smaller now that Rockstar removed the modded hacker money. Your cars and other items you purchased should still be safe.

*checks social club page*

God damn it. <_<

:edit:

Yep, make that half a million. at least all my cars are still there, and more importantly my tank.

Edited by anime52k8

looks pretty cool, I like the combat animations.

Yea been playing the series since the PS1 with Alpha and Alpha Gaiden simply because I needed a Macross game and VFX-2 wasn't enough so here I am ~12 years later and it's one of my favorite franchises even if it will never truly come out over seas. (We did get two of the OG games with no licensed mecha). Another thing that really is exciting for this game is word on the street is it will have Full Metal Panic! stuff from the novels, comics, that finished the story and has never been animated before. :D

I was really busy during Christmas and missed a bunch of news about everything, but apparently Wasteland 2 has some kind of early access/beta going on as of mid-December last year. Perhaps there's some old-timers like me still around but for most everyone else who probably doesn't know Wasteland was one the earliest and best Post-Apocalyptic RPGs for the computer way back in 1988. From there, business and design lead Brian Fargo and his crew went on to create Fallout and it's sequel. A successful crowd-funding campaign was done for the sequel to Wasteland, which appears to return to many themes of the original low-res classic but also incorporates a lot from Fallout/Fallout 2. I'm not much for betas or pre-releases unless it's something entirely new, but I am very excited for Wasteland 2, especially the return to the isometric-style gameplay that defined the first Fallout games.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/240760/

Anyone other old-school CRPG fans as interested in this as me? If not, you can all die in a fire ;):D

Seems iffy and I hope it isn't the truth. Nintendo should have learned from Sega's blunder in the 90's with releasing too many consoles too close to each other. Then again, that stock dive they took probably has them looking for any outs they can find with their WII U problem.

Seems iffy and I hope it isn't the truth. Nintendo should have learned from Sega's blunder in the 90's with releasing too many consoles too close to each other. Then again, that stock dive they took probably has them looking for any outs they can find with their WII U problem.

It's very iffy. Kotaku wrote an article about this... basically, the rumor comes from "a very reliable source" to one website, where the owner or editor already said it should be taken with a grain of salt and that they don't know who the source is.

The only thing about the campaign I didn't like is that there's no way to satisfy my personal vindictiveness towards certain characters without getting one of the bad endings. it's fun to play, even the weird RTS levels once you figure out how to play them.

The multi-player is actually really fun too, I now kind of regret not getting the game when it came out. I really should have skipped MW3 and gotten the CoD fatigue out of my system sooner. I'm getting a bit of an itch to check out ghosts, although I don't want to buy a next gen console just yet and I'm also not sure I want to play it on current systems (also they do have it on sale through XBL). I'm also fairly convinced that infinity ward just sucks at their job now and that Treyarch is much better at delivering a half decent gaming experience anyways. I should probably just wait till next year for Black ops 3 or whatever the next game ends up being.

Personally, I felt that Ghosts was pretty good and probably my favorite since the first Modern Warfare. The campaign had some nice gimmicks and was solid all the way through. Multiplayer was smooth and fun to play, especially Kill Confirmed. There's a lot of movement and less (not none) camping since in order to score you have to collect the enemy dog tags. I only Red Boxed it which was a pain since I had to rent two discs, install one, and take it back since I planned on keeping the multiplayer disc a little longer.

I finally played Sleeping Dogs and was very surprised at how good it was. Similar to GTA in playstyle but smaller in scope and has a much higher level of gritty realism. If it wasn't free on the dashboard I never would've played this though it is totally worth buying.

Guest davidwhangchoi

if you get ghosts for 360 you can pay 10 mucks to get an additional digital copy for the xbox one. Even if you don't have the system you can enter the code and purchase it and tie the xbox one digital copy to your account for whenever you decide to get an xbox one.

i'm playing ghosts now and ps3 and ps4 since i did the digital upgrade. multipler it's way more user friendly for first timers and has friendly multiplayer modes to ease new online players. it's a very well thought out system.

i haven't touch the single player (our guys have a tradition to level up our online players first for about half year before we touch the single player story)

if you like blk ops 2 i think you'll like ghosts.

from the Call of Duty website:

Q.

How does the Xbox next-generation upgrade program work?

A.

Microsoft offers the Xbox 360 + Xbox One Digital Combo, a disc-less dual-license that provides the Xbox 360 digital version of Call of Duty: Ghosts, as well as the Xbox One digital version of Call of Duty: Ghosts – linked and unlocked via a user’s Xbox Live gamertag. The Xbox 360 + Xbox One Digital Combo will be available at participating retailers for a suggested retail price of $69.99.

Alternatively, via the Xbox Live Market place, players can also purchase an Xbox 360 digital version of Call of Duty: Ghosts for a suggested retail price of $59.99. And when ready to upgrade to Xbox One, players can purchase a digital Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts for a suggested retail price of just $10 until May 31, 2014. This also applies to Call of Duty: Ghosts Digital Hardened Edition purchases.

what I don't know is if the fact that they're discounting the 360 version of ghost negates your ability to do the 10 dollar upgrade later.

The store bought version sounds like you're buying both at once for retail price and you can download your digital copy whenever. you just have to find a copy of it in a physical store. either way I kind of want to get an XB1 by may anyways.

Guest davidwhangchoi

what I don't know is if the fact that they're discounting the 360 version of ghost negates your ability to do the 10 dollar upgrade later.

it definitely doesn't negate it. you'll be able to buy it at the discount and still receive the promo for a digital 10 upgrade.

the 360 version is 39.00 @ toy r us and amazon right now

http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Ghosts-Xbox-360/dp/B002I098JE

here's the activision site that explains the 360 upgrade if you buy a standard copy of the hard disc

http://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Digital-Upgrade-Path-for-Call-of-Duty-Ghosts-on-Xbox-One/?l=en_US&c=Game_Title%3ACall_of_Duty_Ghosts&fs=Search&pn=1

if you end up getting ghosts, try squads first, it's pretty fun and an interesting concept.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

This is a good article on why retailers, hard copy, used games vs. digital copies are issues that force 3rd party publishers, sony and microsoft to tread lightly...

http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/28/5353834/gamestop-tomb-raider-and-how-retail-and-online-competition-remains

45426634_zps34220e29.jpg

Guest davidwhangchoi

Is Titanfall designed for 360, XBO? I am not sure if I want to pre-order a game that's been ported to PC.

prob the lead version is the console (xbox one) and from there all port to the 360 as well as pc. ithe next gen consoles both ps4 and x one, are running on x86 architecture so porting to the pc should be much easier/optimizing for pc. but as we seen with battlefield 4 for pc, multiplatform ports rushed can still turn out crappy.

but as we seen with battlefield 4 for pc, multiplatform ports rushed can still turn out crappy.

Which is why I'm concerned that the game has a March release date. The alpha test is limited right now with beta testing running from Feb 14-19, limited to those that pre-ordered. I played the BF4 beta and it was felt more like an alpha. Heck, those of us who are playing BF4 now still feel like this game should have stayed beta for a lot longer. The rapid release seems to echo BF4.

So, I picked up a Mario/Luigi Wii U, and it came with Assassin's Creed 3 and Mass Effect 3 for free, which isn't a bad deal at all. I would have jumped on the Zelda bundle, but (personally) I think the gamepad is a little obnoxious and distracting.

That being said, I picked up the physical copy of Windwaker HD. Any other must haves for you Wii U owners out there?

So, I picked up a Mario/Luigi Wii U, and it came with Assassin's Creed 3 and Mass Effect 3 for free, which isn't a bad deal at all. I would have jumped on the Zelda bundle, but (personally) I think the gamepad is a little obnoxious and distracting.

That being said, I picked up the physical copy of Windwaker HD. Any other must haves for you Wii U owners out there?

Super Mario 3D World. And... well, that's it, actually. You already own more games than I do for it.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Which is why I'm concerned that the game has a March release date. The alpha test is limited right now with beta testing running from Feb 14-19, limited to those that pre-ordered. I played the BF4 beta and it was felt more like an alpha. Heck, those of us who are playing BF4 now still feel like this game should have stayed beta for a lot longer. The rapid release seems to echo BF4.

i think it's safe to say that the priority (unfortunately) is on the xbox one verision. (since Microsoft paid EA $$$$ to keep it exclusive) let's hope the PC version isn't crap.

i do trust the former infinityward staff to make a solid multiplayer experience (i think they were the best) but i don't trust EA...

i do trust the former infinityward staff to make a solid multiplayer experience (i think they were the best) but i don't trust EA...

It was EA that rushed DICE with BF4, and Maxis and Sim City, hence my concern.