All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

i guess then it can't be considered a portable game of this generation candidate since it may not be better than lttp.

I don't follow. LTTP was SNES, so it's not a portable game, nor this generation. Unless you count the GBA version (which, if we're not counting P4 Golden due to it being a remake, we shouldn't), but even then it's not this generation.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I don't follow. LTTP was SNES, so it's not a portable game, nor this generation. Unless you count the GBA version (which, if we're not counting P4 Golden due to it being a remake, we shouldn't), but even then it's not this generation.

you know? you're right! i didn't think about that, i guess it could be a portable game of this generation candidate after all even if it doesn't surpass lttp since that was on a console and not this generation.

If you're on XBL and haven't played The Walking Dead Season 1, episode 1 is free and the other 4 episodes are 66% off.

I was skeptical at first about it but its amazing.

To be honest I think The Walking Dead is terrible and unplayable. It would have been better as an interactive graphic novel, but the terrible bits of shoe-horned "gameplay" made me quite after the first episode. No amount of story content will make me go through that slog again.

If you're on XBL and haven't played The Walking Dead Season 1, episode 1 is free and the other 4 episodes are 66% off.

I was skeptical at first about it but its amazing.

The thing about walking dead (and everything from telltale games) is that they're 100% narrative driven. if you're not into the story there's absolutely nothing to make you want to play the game, and personally, I just don't like walking dead at all.

Well, Gundam Musou 4 is out and looks pretty good. What do you guys think?

I'll wait until the US release, and I'll look at the roster. I liked the first one, hated the second one, and loved the third one, so it could go either way for me.

As long as we're talking Gundam games, what the heck is going on with Artdink? They haven't released a Gundam game since the SEED one for the Vita.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone confirm if the Nintenco realy bought the Team ICO?

Nope. The only source I can find reporting this is some Spanish-language site called Revogamers, which seems to be a Nintendo fansite. They have quotes from Team ICO's Ueda, but no links or sources, and I can find zero mention of this from anywhere that doesn't link back to the Revogamers article. Oddly, the article claims that Nintendo bought Team ICO on the 28th, but was published on the 27th.

seriously though, if it's just you and the one alien on the ship for the whole game it's going to get really boring really fast.

It depends on how the game is paced. If you walk into a room, run from the alien into the next room, rinse and repeat then yeah. If its focused on exploration of the ship with the occasional alien encounter when you least expect it, it could be good.

Technically, any flight sim-ish game that'll handle it. I imagine Star Citizen will wind up supporting it eventually too, as well as whatever this new X-Wing mmo thing turns out to be. I'm hoping that a lot of older sim communities will make patches and utilities to bring in backwards compatbility for some of the old games. Freespace 2 will probably be a shoe in, and I'd love to get my old Janes Superhornet sim to support it. If you could write a background utility to convert the OR input into old-fashioned view control inputs, you could probably get it at least minimally working with any game that supported a 3D cockpit.

At the moment, only game I know that already supports it natively is WarThunder, one of the more recent microtransaction games out there, apparently built by some of the same folks who made the original IL-2. I'm not generally huge on the whole pvp/mmo deal, but the game does have separate single player campaigns you can buy that I've been enjoying, as well as privately hosted co-op, and the sim is really beautiful.

Honestly, I kinda hate the way the microtransaction and pay-to-play trends keep growing, but at the same time, I've realized that I'd rather pay for that kind of entertainment than for 200 channels of nothing to watch. :p And honestly, the lack of good sim-games has been horrible in the past few years. I feel like I want to support companies who run those types of games as much as I can.

So has anyone else noticed that old sega arcade games are silently popping up on the 3ds online store? They've got games like galaxy force 2, space harrier and super hang on beautifully remastered and 3d compatible. In japan they just released afterburner 2 and it looks fantastic, I hope it doesn't take too long to get here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9Or-UeFU4w

Finally got a chance to beat the main storyline of GTAV. I was really impressed. Trevor really made the game interesting.

I always wonder what he'll be doing when I swap characters into him! That said, I left off around 2/3 of the way through completion in lieu on playing GTA Online. It's great getting back in touch with some of my old gaming buddies for some random giant city sandbox mayhem.

I always wonder what he'll be doing when I swap characters into him! That said, I left off around 2/3 of the way through completion in lieu on playing GTA Online. It's great getting back in touch with some of my old gaming buddies for some random giant city sandbox mayhem.

I think I died within 30 seconds of swapping to Trevor at least 3 times on my first play through.

I think I died within 30 seconds of swapping to Trevor at least 3 times on my first play through.

would that be due to inheriting an entire force of VERY angry police while driving a lawn mower down a freeway? I'll give them this, when swapping to Trevor, the game has a way of making you really, no... REALLY want to make use of his "special abilities". Either that, or scratch your head wondering "just why exactly is he waking up in a dumpster wearing a dress?"

For all it's faults, I do believe it's become my favorite game of all time.

at least one was on the freeway with an automatic 3-star wanted level. The other two where ending up on the roofs of buildings where I couldn't find an easy way down. :p

GTA is a very fun game but I've kind of hit a point where I'm not super motivated to play it any more. I've logged just shy of 300 hours of play time on my main character in multilayer, I've maxed all of my stats, I own every gun, every article of clothing, every specialty vehicle, an apartment in a really good location with a 10 car garage filled with fully modded cars, and I'm still sitting on nearly half a billion dollars in cash. As soon as there's something new to do I'll be all over it again though.

Edited by anime52k8

Well next game in the Super Robot Wars franchise (Z3 part 1) was announced about a month ago. For those unfamiliar its a grid based strategy RPG featuring robots from all sorts of famous and not so famous robot genres, Macross, gundam, gaogaigar etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD1mgufn2Bc

The big additions would be Gundam Unicorn and Aquarion EVOL Can't wait to see how they handle the Unicorn plot with the fact that Char is still alive in the games. Also super jacked for some Gurren Laggan finale and gunbuster and curious how Evangelion will play out.

Comes out in April and is for Ps3 and vita. Consider me sold.

Okay so I just recently got my PS3 back and started to play. I've got the update to the PS Store and it looks like they have taken a lot of the demos off the store. There's like only 8 of them as of a few minutes ago when I checked. There used to be a bunch of them. WTF happened?

I think when they moved to the new PS store, most "old" demos were simply removed. That being said, if you've already downloaded a demo in the past, they should still be available via your download history.

Well next game in the Super Robot Wars franchise (Z3 part 1) was announced about a month ago. For those unfamiliar its a grid based strategy RPG featuring robots from all sorts of famous and not so famous robot genres, Macross, gundam, gaogaigar etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD1mgufn2Bc

The big additions would be Gundam Unicorn and Aquarion EVOL Can't wait to see how they handle the Unicorn plot with the fact that Char is still alive in the games. Also super jacked for some Gurren Laggan finale and gunbuster and curious how Evangelion will play out.

Comes out in April and is for Ps3 and vita. Consider me sold.

looks pretty cool, I like the combat animations.