All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

So, I picked up a little gem of a game for $5 last night. Anyone else tried out One Finger Death Punch? Simple to learn, but so much fun to play!

Also, another DOOM trailer is out.

Heh OFDP is awesome, I have sunk more hours into that game than I'd like to admit. So much fun to start up and play for 15 minutes to relax.

Nintendo will reportedly cease production of Wii U by end of year

sorry 32x, i'm not falling for it.

thankfully i cancelled my twilight princess HD +amiibo

32X? Nah more like the Sega CD at this point.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i was about to go buy one just for twilight princess hd, screw that crap. nintendo hurting potential new owners with this news. i'll wait and see what NX is.

Guest davidwhangchoi

yeah, i saw that. i'm going to wait for the reveal before making a judgement.

Irem's classic shooter R-Type is becoming an anime short.

r-type-cawdvr0wiaavgqf.jpg?itok=FYfvOlyk

animator Paul Johnson clearly has a lingering affection for R-Type, since he's making a stunning anime-style tribute to Irem's most famous shooter.

You might also recall that Johnson was also behind the magnificent Star Wars anime, which he uploaded last year.

Check out the stunning work-in-progress video here...

http://www.denofgeek.com/games/r-type/39446/classic-shooter-r-type-is-now-an-anime-short

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Heh OFDP is awesome, I have sunk more hours into that game than I'd like to admit. So much fun to start up and play for 15 minutes to relax.

Nope, definately Saturn.

Guest davidwhangchoi

And Nintendo says the Wii U isn't dead and has at least another year in it.

man i was going to buy one but i think i'll wait for NX announcement before doing anything nintendo.

Guest davidwhangchoi

hnMEifR.jpg

(from GAF)

15th anniversary already, happy birthday!

2001 Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney*
2002 Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All*
2004 Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations*
2007 Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney*
2009 Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations^
2011 Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations 2^
2012 Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright*
2013 Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies^
2015 Dai Gyakuten Saiban (The Grand Ace Attorney)*
2016 Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 6^

* Team Takumi
^ Team Yamazaki

Guest davidwhangchoi

Ace Attorney Anime is being picked up by crunchy roll!!!!! the first subtitled episode debuting this Saturday, April 2 at 4:00AM PST, just a short time after it airs in Japan

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-942725/spring-2016-show-announcements?utm_source=community&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=site-news

downside is they will be using the Japanese counter part names for the characters...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

downside is they will be using the Japanese counter part names for the characters...

No surprise there. Crunchyroll's scheduling demands preclude any real attempt at quality. Changing names and references up every week would be inviting all sorts of errors to creep in.

Also, their primary audience would raise hell about the "butchery" and how they want "real anime not some Power Rangers Robotech hackjob". Were I running the show, I would probably make the same decision, albeit reluctantly.

Guest davidwhangchoi

No surprise there. Crunchyroll's scheduling demands preclude any real attempt at quality. Changing names and references up every week would be inviting all sorts of errors to creep in.

Also, their primary audience would raise hell about the "butchery" and how they want "real anime not some Power Rangers Robotech hackjob". Were I running the show, I would probably make the same decision, albeit reluctantly.

So it turns out the localized names are used in the subs if you right click the video and select Alt Track.

i heard they're doing an english dub too, i'm curious how it'll turn out.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Hey i thought i posted that a couple of posts above. Haha

Still cool anyways, i've been retro gamin on r-type final trying to unlock all the ships, so far im at 30ish

Hey i thought i posted that a couple of posts above. Haha

Still cool anyways, i've been retro gamin on r-type final trying to unlock all the ships, so far im at 30ish

Hey yeah you did. Don't mind me as I go and delete your post so it doesn't look like I didn't scan this thread first.

:D