All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

The new news is that they should be announcing what the first game should be any minute

Miitomo.

The more interesting news is that they're rolling out new Nintendo IDs and a rewards program to replace the ol' Club Nintendo. While the new Nintendo IDs look like they're going to sync more of what you do with the cloud and allow for an interconnected Nintendo experience across mobiles, tablets, PCs, the Wii U, the 3DS, and eventually the NX, there's no word on whether digital purchases will be tied to Nintendo IDs going forward or still hardware IDs.

Guest davidwhangchoi

yesterday i replaced my gpu cards for my laptop as my cards died. thankfully i brought the extended warranty and got new replacement cards from alienware.

installed them and took it for a whirl today to stress them. I ended up finishing resident evil 6 on PC. it's pretty decent with 60fps much better than the ps3 version (framerate choppy). very underrated game i had a lot of fun with it.

yesterday i replaced my gpu cards for my laptop as my cards died. thankfully i brought the extended warranty and got new replacement cards from alienware.

installed them and took it for a whirl today to stress them. I ended up finishing resident evil 6 on PC. it's pretty decent with 60fps much better than the ps3 version (framerate choppy). very underrated game i had a lot of fun with it.

Well, I'm not an RE aficionado, but I loved RE6 too. It had 4 playable story lines and 7 playable characters, and each has it's own flavor and specialized weapons. Sure, it's not the same kind of horror survival game that started it all, but I find the shooting mechanics give it a lot more replayability.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Well, I'm not an RE aficionado, but I loved RE6 too. It had 4 playable story lines and 7 playable characters, and each has it's own flavor and specialized weapons. Sure, it's not the same kind of horror survival game that started it all, but I find the shooting mechanics give it a lot more replayability.

yeah, i finished the game playing leon and chris redfield but there's ada's and jake story so i'm pretty excited to go back to it. i heard there's secret ending so i'm looking forward to it.

this game wasn't good on consoles, first, the framerate was so choppy at 30fps which the consoles are locked in, i had it on ps3 but stopped playing bc it was impossible to see what's going on when things got busy on screen the frames dropped so badly on ps3. the PC option to unlock the framerate makes it so smooth. i can finally see all the action. my second issue is when you aim there's a out of focus camera effect where everything behind you goes blurry except the target. it's looks nice but when there's enemies around you it's frustrating. overall i'm glad i gave it a second chance, it's really a decent game all patched up.

anyone get halo 5 guardians? curious how it plays.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

yeah, i finished the game playing leon and chris redfield but there's ada's and jake story so i'm pretty excited to go back to it. i heard there's secret ending so i'm looking forward to it.

this game wasn't good on consoles, first, the framerate was so choppy at 30fps which the consoles are locked in, i had it on ps3 but stopped playing bc it was impossible to see what's going on when things got busy on screen the frames dropped so badly on ps3. the PC option to unlock the framerate makes it so smooth. i can finally see all the action. my second issue is when you aim there's a out of focus camera effect where everything behind you goes blurry except the target. it's looks nice but when there's enemies around you it's frustrating. overall i'm glad i gave it a second chance, it's really a decent game all patched up.

Gosh, I wish you hadn't told me that; now I'll start noticing all the aim-blurring issues and low frame rates the next time I play RE6. :lol:

BTW, there's a secret ending? I never knew. Gonna try unlocking all the "skills" and see it that does the trick.

Anyone mounting a 70"+ tv with a full motion mount?

I have one on the wall for my 64" plasma but of course it doesn't fit the new TV (75" 400x300 Vesa). I liked my old mount as its fully adjustable and doesn't look ugly. I'm debating either cutting the one I have down or just getting a new one. Just wondering at your using

Guest davidwhangchoi

I hope the Fallout launch for PC goes better than the Black Ops launch is going... apparently it's suffering from the same issues as Arkham Knight did, or so i'm told. I never did like those games. :mellow:

what wait you got it? where is the posted on? is this PC correct (maybe getting the ps4 version paid off :ph34r: )

I hope the Fallout launch for PC goes better than the Black Ops launch is going... apparently it's suffering from the same issues as Arkham Knight did, or so i'm told. I never did like those games. :mellow:

It's a Bethesda game, and you expect it to work at launch? It doens't matter if it's Windows, XBox, or PlayStation, that's not happening.

On the upside, the Windows version will be modded to hell and back within twelve hours of launch by fans eager to do Besthesda's job for them, so that's something.

It's a Bethesda game, and you expect it to work at launch? It doens't matter if it's Windows, XBox, or PlayStation, that's not happening.

On the upside, the Windows version will be modded to hell and back within twelve hours of launch by fans eager to do Besthesda's job for them, so that's something.

Meh. IIRC, my launch Skyrim worked fine for the 360 when I first bought it... Then again I may have suppressed those memories. :ph34r:

New Vegas, on the other hand.... :angry:

*snip*

anyone get halo 5 guardians? curious how it plays.

Yeah, I have it but it's on the console (not sure if you were asking about PC or not). I bought the "Limited Edition" Halo 5 console that included the game earlier this week, my plan is to actually take it out of the box and hook it up later this evening and give it a go.

I'll PM you my thoughts.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Yeah, I have it but it's on the console (not sure if you were asking about PC or not). I bought the "Limited Edition" Halo 5 console that included the game earlier this week, my plan is to actually take it out of the box and hook it up later this evening and give it a go.

I'll PM you my thoughts.

-b.

thanks b!

Guest davidwhangchoi

Anybody playing black ops 3? I think th writers have legitimately lost their minds on this one.

did you try online? i wonder if it feels like advanced warfare.

Anybody playing black ops 3? I think th writers have legitimately lost their minds on this one.

I gave up on the series after Modern Warfare 3. One of my friends seemed pretty excited for it, but I don't know. The first couple were genuinely good, but it seems like the franchise has devolved to ultra-short token campaigns tacked on to a multiplayer-focused shooter in a sea of multiplayer-focused shooters.

Fallout 4 is pre-loaded on my computer, though. ;)

People still play the campaign?

Me and my friends have been playing a lot of multiplayer since release. Lots of issues at the moment with matchmaking.

this is the first cod i'm skipping. ups shows fallout 4 is coming tomorrow, getting ready!

FO4 will still be around to play 6 month to a year from now. The multiplayer community in CoD has a limited lifespan for each game. Easy decision.

Guest davidwhangchoi

FO4 will still be around to play 6 month to a year from now. The multiplayer community in CoD has a limited lifespan for each game. Easy decision.

most of it is my usual group is no more. they all moved onto other games, second, i find myself not screaming at the tv anymore when shooting a guy in the back and he runs away due to lag.

I want to play Fallout 4, but, here in Canada, it's $80... And that's just too much. I know, that, at the moment, $59 US is about $80 CDN, but I still think this should have been priced $70 for the Canadian market. Same deal with X-Com 2.

I think I'll be waiting for a sale, which might be in a month, knowing Steam.

I'm just gonna pick up fallout at a reasonable hour tomorrow. Also picking up tomb raider.

If you pick them up at Target, they're doing a buy two get one free deal. Might as well grab a third game.

People still play the campaign?

I was going to say yes, there are people out there like me that play primarily singleplayer. But then again, I did just say that I quit Call of Duty after MW3, and there are better singleplayer shooters out there like Wolfenstein, BioShock, or Far Cry.

Edited by mikeszekely