All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

Here's the schedule for the big E3 speeches:

Saturday, June 9

• Electronic Arts (EA Play) -- 11 AM PT / 2 PM ET / 7 PM BST (4 AM AET on June 10)

Sunday, June 10

• Microsoft -- 1 PM PT / 4 PM ET / 9 PM BST (6 AM AET on June 11)
  • Bethesda -- 6:30 PM PT / 9:30 PM ET (2:30 AM BST / 11:30 AM AET on June 11)
  • Devolver Digital -- 8 PM PT / 11 PM ET (4 AM BST / 1 PM AET on June 11)

Monday, June 11

• Square Enix -- 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET / 6 PM BST (3 AM AET on June 12)
  • Ubisoft -- 1 PM PT / 4 PM ET / 9 PM BST (6 AM AET on June 12)
  • PC Gaming Show -- 3 PM PT / 6 PM ET / 11 PM BST (8 AM AET on June 12)
  • Sony -- 6 PM PT / 9 PM ET (2 AM BST / 11 AM on June 12)

Tuesday, June 12

• Nintendo -- 9 AM PT / 12 PM ET / 5 PM BST (2 AM AET on June 13)

On 6/7/2018 at 4:43 PM, azrael said:

Today's spit-take.

Ubisoft CEO: Cloud gaming will replace consoles after the next generation

How about in 3-5 more generations? As I recall, network infrastructure still sucks (in rural and even in some metropolitan areas), latency across the pond will stop anyone who attempts to play on servers located in other countries, and data caps/bandwidth limits/net neutrality are hard stops for intensive cloud gaming if it costs more money for more access.

And let's not forget the backlash Microsoft faced when military servicemen pointed out that they wouldn't be able to play their Xbox Ones when they're out on deployment if it required a broadband connection to do a license check. What's that old saying about people living in ivory towers?

On 6/11/2018 at 2:44 PM, Focslain said:

Yeah, I want MWC once it hits PC (hopefully steam). Over the top mecha action? Yes please.

The website mechamericagreatagain.com definitely shows a Steam release.

Well, actually it says "PC", but clicking that takes you to Steam, so...

11 hours ago, Shadow said:

The hype is real.

I want to be hype for REmake2 but Capcom just has to be Capcom. So far it sounds like they canned tank controls and the fixed camera angles (I don't think they officially said yes or no yet). I get that most people don't like that stuff anymore but at least include a mode that has it for crazies like me who prefer the old RE. In the recent gameplay demo the Capcom rep said something along the lines of "This isn't a remake, it's a whole new game!" so I guess I wasn't the target audience to begin with. I'll just wait for the PC version to get a mod that can give REmake2 that old feel since Capcom either can't be bothered or is saving it for DLC down the road.

Man, RE never had tank controls to start with.

Tank controls is Battlezone/Vindicators/T-Mek twin-stick. Push up on both sticks to go forward, up on one and down on the other to turn. I AM A CROTCHETY OLD FART, GET OFF MY LAWN!

Edited by JB0

10 hours ago, dizman said:

I want to be hype for REmake2 but Capcom just has to be Capcom. So far it sounds like they canned tank controls and the fixed camera angles (I don't think they officially said yes or no yet). I get that most people don't like that stuff anymore but at least include a mode that has it for crazies like me who prefer the old RE. In the recent gameplay demo the Capcom rep said something along the lines of "This isn't a remake, it's a whole new game!" so I guess I wasn't the target audience to begin with. I'll just wait for the PC version to get a mod that can give REmake2 that old feel since Capcom either can't be bothered or is saving it for DLC down the road.

The only perk about the original control scheme and preset layouts for me was that it put you in a much more detailed environment. From what they've shown so far in gameplay, the RE4 controls make the game no less challenging. I'm intrigued they changed just enough to make them game less predictable. I'm not going to go around every corner knowing exactly what I'm going to encounter because of the original game. I love RE2. I just want more than a graphically upgraded clone.

I do have certain nitpicks with some design choices. Not a fan of Claire's new look. They changed her hair color and removed her signature knife.

• 2 weeks later...

So New Gundam Breaker is out, and of course the first game in the series to see a US release turns out to be a buggy mess that's a huge step backwards for the franchise instead of building on the excellent Gundam Breaker 3.

Edited by mikeszekely

So... when trying to do an analogue to the U.N.Spacy in Stellaris I ended with a MILITARY JUNTA.....?

I hope Kawamori fix the goverment in his universe or things are gonna get... dark.

Again with the impending move to streaming/downloadable content...

Videogames: Here’s When Sales Could Go All-Digital (Barrons.com)

And again, unless there is a massively epic spike in infrastructure building, I don't see it happening in that timeframe. And I'm not even counting military bases.

2 hours ago, azrael said:

Again with the impending move to streaming/downloadable content...

Videogames: Here’s When Sales Could Go All-Digital (Barrons.com)

And again, unless there is a massively epic spike in infrastructure building, I don't see it happening in that timeframe. And I'm not even counting military bases.

Don't know about streaming but digital downloads is the way to go. I'm forever done with physical media, including blu-ray/DVD movies. Less clutter and I can access directly from my PC or smartphone, yay CLOUD!

On 6/27/2018 at 8:34 AM, azrael said:

Copyright Lawsuit Dropped Against Fortnite Creators, Ending Legal Battle

Perhaps the declining PUBG-player base has something to do with this?

Either they have no case, and/or Epic is just gonna make their lives a living hell if they keep pushing the case. I'm sure there was some kind of leverage they had, since PUBG Corp. is using the UE.

On 6/27/2018 at 11:51 AM, Gerli said:

So... when trying to do an analogue to the U.N.Spacy in Stellaris I ended with a MILITARY JUNTA.....?

I hope Kawamori fix the goverment in his universe or things are gonna get... dark.

What did you expect to get? The U.N. Spacy is a rapid militant expansionist empire that uses pschyological warfare to subvert alien cultures with their own and rule through rampant colonialism. :)

Think about it. In the span of 60-70 years in the Macross timeline they went from a small ragtag group of around 30,000 survivors to imposing their rule on half the know galaxy. Anyone who opposed them were subjugated or put to the sword. The U.N. Spacy is just a fancier version of the borg that uses pop music to achieve assimilation. :p

Does anyone here enjoy David Cage games? I don't, and the release of his new game Detroit: Become Human irritates me to absolutely no end. I keep hoping his games fail and people collectively recognize how much of a hack he is, and I'm continually disappointed.

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

Does anyone here enjoy David Cage games? I don't, and the release of his new game Detroit: Become Human irritates me to absolutely no end. I keep hoping his games fail and people collectively recognize how much of a hack he is, and I'm continually disappointed.

I think they're terrible, but I don't care if other people like them or if they sell well.