All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

MegaMan X collection for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Switch. Ports of the previous two MegaMan Legacy Collection for Switch. A brand new MegaMan 11 for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Switch.

Well, it's not April 1st, so I guess I owe Satan a soul...

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

Never played more than the SNES games, and those are so good.

I'm a huge MegaMan fan.  I'm not 100% sure anymore because of mobile gaming, but I think I've played every MegaMan game except Super Adventure Rockman and Rockman Xover. Needless to say I'm pretty giddy, despite owning all those games in one format or another. I'll get the X collection and MegaMan 11 on PC, because I already have the Legacy Collections and PC games still work after consoles get shoved in closets to make room for new ones. But intend to buy them and the older Legacy Collections on Switch, too, for portability.

Was really excited to play PUBG on xbox with my console buddies, but man does the performance blow. I really hope PUBG didn't shoot itself in the foot with poor launch code, especially considering the fact that they are selling this "game preview" as retail in stores (even if it is just a code for the game inside a box). 

16 hours ago, Archer said:

Was really excited to play PUBG on xbox with my console buddies, but man does the performance blow. I really hope PUBG didn't shoot itself in the foot with poor launch code, especially considering the fact that they are selling this "game preview" as retail in stores (even if it is just a code for the game inside a box). 

That's a really shitty product. I'm not all that surprised about its current state of affairs, either, considering it's still in Early Access on Steam (correct me if I'm wrong).

The same thing happened with ARK: Survival Evolved. Even the Pro/X patches haven't streamlined the game to playable levels, and it's not like the game should be all that resource-intensive. It's just really, really poorly optimized code. It's ridiculous these ostensibly half-finished games getting full-on boxed releases (even if they're just codes for digital downloads in reality).

That said, PUBG certainly looks to be further along than ARK ever did, and with a more competent developer behind it as well. So hopefully its kinks get ironed out. I mean I certainly won't be getting it either way, but here's hoping for those who do play it.

17 hours ago, Archer said:

Definitely a bit bummed by the performance issues, even on my new X. That said, I am having an insane amount of fun. I don't game on PC, have zero intention to, so I was really excited when PUBG was announced for Xbox One. I figured there would be some performance issues, it is early access, and it is PUBG, which is still pretty crappy even on some of the mightiest PC rigs. I'm only really having issues in the airport/lobby area before you drop, and the actual parachute drop, other then that, pretty damn solid for me honestly. The controls take some getting used to, but they work, and it is undeniably PUBG. I'm sure things will get ironed out with patches, so I'm not sweating it really, I can play it as is and it is fun, so I feel I'm personally getting my moneys worth. Plus, vaulting! I look forward to more patches, the game can only get better and smoother from here.

On 12/8/2017 at 12:25 AM, AN/ALQ128 said:

So, the newest Death Stranding trailer just released, and I still don't have a single clue what its about. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't extremely excited to find out though.

Death Stranding (AKA, Norman Reedus and the Funky Fetus) looks interesting if nothing else. I'm currently playing the last real Metal Gear Solid Game that will ever be released (MGSV:TPP). I'm having a hard time playing through the rest of chapter 2, since I know I'll lose Quiet, and then I'll have to do 7 replays of mission 11 to get her back (a labor of love to be sure). Chapter 2 also seems like it's half-assed so I barely even care. 

20 hours ago, Valkyrie Driver said:

Death Stranding (AKA, Norman Reedus and the Funky Fetus) looks interesting if nothing else. I'm currently playing the last real Metal Gear Solid Game that will ever be released (MGSV:TPP). I'm having a hard time playing through the rest of chapter 2, since I know I'll lose Quiet, and then I'll have to do 7 replays of mission 11 to get her back (a labor of love to be sure). Chapter 2 also seems like it's half-assed so I barely even care. 

I may love MGSV but I'll easily admit that Chapter 2 is half-assed. For all intents and purposes you already beat the game and its main story line in chapter 1, chapter 2 is kind of a cool down period before the real ending is dropped on you.

6 hours ago, dizman said:

I may love MGSV but I'll easily admit that Chapter 2 is half-assed. For all intents and purposes you already beat the game and its main story line in chapter 1, chapter 2 is kind of a cool down period before the real ending is dropped on you.

So everyone keeps telling me. I'm content, and I'll keep replaying missions. Anyway, Ghost Recon Wildlands (for all of it's glaring faults) currently has me distracted with the new bonus mission they've added. It's actually good, unlike the garbage PvP they introduced. 

51 minutes ago, Gerli said:

This is amazing... but think about the posibilites...

A new X-Wing vs Tie-Fighter with Graphics like this?

YESSSS!

What with Star Citizen having been sued by Crytek - and the charges appear at least initially to have some merit - I'd be worried about this project's future... Best of luck to them, though.

There's also the entire Rogue Squadron trilogy, fully remastered AS OF NOW and the devs are literally just waiting for someone at Disney to notice them and throw them a publishing bone.

2 hours ago, kajnrig said:

What with Star Citizen having been sued by Crytek - and the charges appear at least initially to have some merit - I'd be worried about this project's future... Best of luck to them, though.

There's also the entire Rogue Squadron trilogy, fully remastered AS OF NOW and the devs are literally just waiting for someone at Disney to notice them and throw them a publishing bone.

Rogue Squadron. Meh.  What I really want is TIE Fighter II.

2 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Crytek it's done for, I suppose they're scraping the last coins they can. Even the former Crytek lawyers are now working with Chris Roberts so... :p

But I Really Hope they can finish the engine and use it to do others universes like Star Treek and Star Wars... the posibilites are endless.

25 minutes ago, Gerli said:

Crytek it's done for, I suppose they're scraping the last coins they can. Even the former Crytek lawyers are now working with Chris Roberts so... :p

But I Really Hope they can finish the engine and use it to do others universes like Star Treek and Star Wars... the posibilites are endless.

Oh believe me, I have no sympathy whatsoever for Crytek. Aside from a continuous stream of terrible business decisions, their games are also just... kinda... average at best. Still, being a painfully mediocre game studio doesn't mean they don't have a potentially strong case here.

On 12/13/2017 at 8:07 PM, Archer said:

On 12/14/2017 at 1:53 PM, Tking22 said:

Definitely a bit bummed by the performance issues, even on my new X. That said, I am having an insane amount of fun. I don't game on PC, have zero intention to, so I was really excited when PUBG was announced for Xbox One. I figured there would be some performance issues, it is early access, and it is PUBG, which is still pretty crappy even on some of the mightiest PC rigs. I'm only really having issues in the airport/lobby area before you drop, and the actual parachute drop, other then that, pretty damn solid for me honestly. The controls take some getting used to, but they work, and it is undeniably PUBG. I'm sure things will get ironed out with patches, so I'm not sweating it really, I can play it as is and it is fun, so I feel I'm personally getting my moneys worth. Plus, vaulting! I look forward to more patches, the game can only get better and smoother from here.

I haven't watched it yet, but here's analysis of the first patch:

Finished up the Shantae: 1/2-Genie Hero DLCs. I heard a lot of complaining from fans that Pirate Queen's Quest was just a second trip through the base game as a different character, and while they're not wrong... I don't get why that fact elicits a negative response. People love that same feature in other games. Maybe the fact that you have to pay for it here? I dunno, maybe. I certainly had fun with it, and I certainly think it was worth the money. The Friends to the End DLC is pretty much just that as well, this time featuring the Bolo/Sky/Rottytops trio, and I had just as much fun with that. Some of the new mechanics weren't particularly well-implemented, but it was still a lot of fun. Eh... /shrug

Also I just played through Journey. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccckkkkkkkkkkk yeeeeeeeessssssssssssss

EDIT:

Oh duh, also the reason why I came here in the first place. Anyone here played this game? Looks neat but not sure how much coding I'd need to know.

Edited by kajnrig