All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

So I turn on my PS3 to get a $3 copy of the best game ever (Xenogears--see here: https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/687050935571316736) and it wants a system update. Ok.

Well, now the enter button on my PS3 remote doesn't work at the PS store. And I can't find anyone else mentioning this. Surely it can't be just mine? The enter button works on the Youtube app etc, just not the PS store "app". Have to use X.

So I turn on my PS3 to get a $3 copy of the best game ever (Xenogears--see here: https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/687050935571316736) and it wants a system update. Ok.

Well, now the enter button on my PS3 remote doesn't work at the PS store. And I can't find anyone else mentioning this. Surely it can't be just mine? The enter button works on the Youtube app etc, just not the PS store "app". Have to use X.

Yeah, I don't know when they started doing that, but you're not alone there. It's pretty dumb, if you ask me, but it is what it is, and a small price to pay for a $3 copy of Xenogears.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Yeah, I don't know when they started doing that, but you're not alone there. It's pretty dumb, if you ask me, but it is what it is, and a small price to pay for a $3 copy of Xenogears.

hahaha mod David cracks me up :lol:

i haven't used my ps3 remote, still in the box.

YAY or NAY?

Getting excited for more homeworld lore though! The mothership in under attack!

Neutral about it. I did adore Homeworld 1 (1999) & 2 (2003) though. Those games pushed space RTS to boundaries where none have tried venturing since. Especially HW1 which was a lot deeper than it's sequel. It surprises me how Relic let that franchise languish into oblivion. HW1 was what put their name on the map as far as game developers go, IMO.

I get a nice YAY feeling after watching more of the actual the gameplay.

1. In HW the space wasnt just black, it was colorful and full of mystery. Battling ships against that mega backdrop just gave you that epic feeling.

- Here there are glimpses of sandstorms, evening and night dune battles, which so far gave me that sense of style i so enjoyed in HW.

2. I spent a lot of time in HW in zoom mode, watching in awe as there was so much detail taking place real time.

- Watching the trails, cannons, beams, missiles all brought you into the fray so to speak and not just as an armchair commander..it was so so addictive watching!

- i got a lil of the same feeling watching the battle scenes on dunes...

Thinking of getting it off steam as it comes bundled with HW remastered which is a nice bonus.

However i dont have the same spare time as i used to have when younger so thats the only consideration to dwell abt...

but kudos to Blackbird for getting this far with it! B))

btw the cutscene in the demo is freaking awesome!

Edited by seti88

Guest davidwhangchoi

anyone ready for resident evil zero.

it's dropping on steam in about 26 mins looks like it's (midnight PST) i'm so excited. going to play for 5 mins and going to backlog hahahaha

i'll be A and B ing this week

FAzQ3xtl.jpgAMAHLgNl.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Yakuza really is a great game

been demoing resident evil zero PC vs. gamecube

here's some dirty comparisions: (gamecube top PC bottom)

VccAA2Al.jpg

2q9QNK4l.jpg

FD4kF4yl.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I get a nice YAY feeling after watching more of the actual the gameplay.

Just finished the Campaingn: beatifull game and the music is the best.

The story is good but feels a little short.

Overall 7/10 a good game.

Just saw this. As I've been playing space shooters lately, piqued my interest

https://www.evevalkyrie.com/

I am an on/off EVE online player, and also dabbled for a few months in Dust 514. The problem with CCP's EVE games is that they all eventually become a cesspool of the worst aspects of multiplayer / online gaming - scams, meta gaming, abusive exploitation of game mechanics, etc. This admittedly is also what makes EVE Online great for people who are into that sort of thing. I almost feel like their games are designed to bring out the worst in all of us :D .

EVE has an incredibly rich lore, and I think Dust and Valkyrie were good opportunities to exploit that, and make one hall of single player campaign gaming experience or Co-Op, but instead they opted to go again make it into another multiplayer pvp-fest.

Nice. I hope they bring the second card over too.

I wonder if this means that parting the games out individually as downloadable titles didn't do very well...

(This is mildly annoying, because I bought the best of those games individually back when it was first up for download)

Nice. I hope they bring the second card over too.

I wonder if this means that parting the games out individually as downloadable titles didn't do very well...

(This is mildly annoying, because I bought the best of those games individually back when it was first up for download)

I think it may mean the opposite, the singles did so well they figured a physical release would sell well enough in the US to cover the costs of making them. Either way I'll pick it up once its out B)) .