The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Megatron looks great with the other Prime decepticons I've got so far. and Prime looks pretty good with the other Autobots, although he's a bit on the tall side comparatively.

Where'd you find Ratchet and Arcee? I haven't seen anything but Bumblebee lately. I want Deluxes for Arcee and Bee, and probably Ratchet. I want a Voyager Bulkhead. I want a Deluxe Soundwave. Not sure if I want a Deluxe or Voyager Starscream. Which is the one you have?

In any case, I don't think Prime's too tall. Ratchet could, perhaps, stand to be a little taller, but Arcee is maybe half of Prime's height. Bee's pretty short compared to him, too.

Edited by mikeszekely

I dunno about you guys, but I'm a little concerned about the scale of MP Sideswipe. The deluxe figs seem to be in perfect scale with MP-10, but I'm not sure if they'll make a masterpiece fig that small. Wouldn't mind if they did, but they'd better reduce the price to a reasonable level, maybe down to Alternity's price point.

Actually, I simply meant the "loose, relative" scale used in the G1 cartoon. Sideswipe and the other car-sized bots were up to about chest or shoulder height with Optimus, while Starscream was the same height as Optimus, which of course, is ridiculous in real life since SS is a jet fighter.

But all that's fine with me, as long as Sideswipe in bot mode is the same size as he was depicted in the G1 cartoon, relative to Optimus and/or Starscream. I know that sometimes even the show has Sideswipe and Starscream the same size, but even a "relatively accurate" scale would be satisfactory. As long as it's not as ridiculous as MP-01 Optimus towering over MP Starscream.

Where'd you find Ratchet and Arcee? I haven't seen anything but Bumblebee lately. I want Deluxes for Arcee and Bee, and probably Ratchet. I want a Voyager Bulkhead. I want a Deluxe Soundwave.

I got Ratchet, Arcee and Soundwave at target of all places. I stopped by on Saturday and found all three just lying on the shelf under the deluxe figure pegs. That was the first and only time that I've seen a wave 2 case (as far as I can tell); everywhere lease is just piles of bumblebees with a sprinkling of Cliffjumper and Wheeljack. Ratchet is a really good toy and definitely worth a purchase if you can find him. I haven't quite decided if I like him or Wheeljack more but he's certainly one of the best RID deluxes to come out so far.

Arcee is okay as a toy, but she's got a ridiculous amount of kibble on her back side, and her weapons suck. I think she's a lot like RID Cliffjumper in that if you look at her from the front in a neutral pose see actually looks really good, and gets a lot of details and proportions better than the FE version. But as soon as you look at her from any other angle you realize just how much they cheated the design to make it work from the front.

I like Soundwave, but I think his legs could have been better. they've got a lot of kibble that make them hard to pose, and I think his legs should have been proportionally longer.

Not sure if I want a Deluxe or Voyager Starscream. Which is the one you have?

I've got the deluxe FE Starscream. He's by far the best Prime toy I've messed with so far, and he looks really good with the RID figures. he's noticeably taller than every other deluxe, but Megatron as a voyager still dwarfs him, which I believe is how it is in the show. I think I'll be picking up the Voyager Starscream too just because I love his prime design, but based on what's been shown of the Voyager SS, I think the FE deluxe is the way to go if you only want one mold of the character (especially if you want him to look good with the other decepticons coming out).

Of course, FE Starscream is kind of a pain to get. It's not quite as bad as trying to get FE cliffjumper or Vehicons, but he'll probably run you 30 bucks or more.

In any case, I don't think Prime's too tall. Ratchet could, perhaps, stand to be a little taller, but Arcee is maybe half of Prime's height. Bee's pretty short compared to him, too.

The thing about it is, RID Arcee is herself a little too tall to go with the other RID toys, and is more in scale with the rest of the FE releases. Ratchet, wheeljack and cliffjumper all look pretty good together and scale nicely from what I've seen, look more in scale against Powerizer prime, who's about a head shorter than FE prime.

My main thing is that FE prime is slightly taller than Megatron, when it should be the other way around.

I kind of wish ratchet was taller though, they really

How much did masterpiece Rodimus retail for here in the U.S.? I think that is probably around where we should be expecting Sideswipe to land as well, being in the same vehicle class as Rodimus.

Rodimus was either $50 or $60 in the US. a US Sideswipe release would probably be the same, but I've got no idea how much a Japanese release would be since he doesn't have a trailer to inflate the price.

I dunno about you guys, but I'm a little concerned about the scale of MP Sideswipe. The deluxe figs seem to be in perfect scale with MP-10, but I'm not sure if they'll make a masterpiece fig that small. Wouldn't mind if they did, but they'd better reduce the price to a reasonable level, maybe down to Alternity's price point.

I'm about 95% certain that he'll be the same size a Hot rod/Rodimus in both modes.

Thanks for the info. I'm not going out of my way to spend extra money and track down FE Starscream, so I guess I'll wait for the Voyager. I'm thinking that Ratchet and Arcee shouldn't be too hard to find, it's just a matter of stores getting the second wave in. I have a feeling Soundwave is going to be a pain, though.

I'm about 95% certain that he'll be the same size a Hot rod/Rodimus in both modes.

Yeah, that would be the most plausible scale. They already have the Alternity line for figs of that size.

Speaking of which, I'm hoping they'll revive the Alternity line. They're like premium deluxe figs, and I love how they scale up with my Classics collection.

I'm thinking that Ratchet and Arcee shouldn't be too hard to find, it's just a matter of stores getting the second wave in. I have a feeling Soundwave is going to be a pain, though.

yes and no. Wave 1 cases where 2 Wheeljacks/Cliffjumpers, 3 Bumblebee's and 1 Soundwave. Wave 2 is 1 each of Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, Soundwave, Ratchet and Arcee; and still 3 bumblebee's. <_< According to BBTS, wave 3 is 2 knockouts; 1 each of ratchet, arcee and the vehicon; and 2 Bumblebee repaints and a regular Bumblebee <_< <_<

seriously, f*ck Bumblebee. And why the hell is the troop builder the most short packed figure of the entire line so far? I wanted to get at least 3 of him. :(

Yeah, that would be the most plausible scale. They already have the Alternity line for figs of that size.

Speaking of which, I'm hoping they'll revive the Alternity line. They're like premium deluxe figs, and I love how they scale up with my Classics collection.

they kind of are. They just came out with alternity Goldbug and Dai Atlas; they've also been saying that they're doing alternity Megatron and Banzaitron. (of course these are also all repaints of existing alternity molds).

they kind of are. They just came out with alternity Goldbug and Dai Atlas; they've also been saying that they're doing alternity Megatron and Banzaitron. (of course these are also all repaints of existing alternity molds).

I'm glad to hear that Alternity's alive and well, although I'm hoping to see some new molds one of these days. Personally, I think the molds for Optimus and Megatron's overstayed their welcome. If Sideswipe wasn't getting the MP treatment, I'd have love to see him and Sunstreaker as Alternity figs.

I went to the post office today, and afterward I was supposed to meet a friend from work, but she told me she was sick. So I decided to go to Target instead. I must have got there shortly after they started stocking Wave 2... shelves that were nothing but Bumblebee before were also overflowing with Cliffjumper and Wheeljack. But I was lucky enough to find a solitary Soundwave and a lone Ratchet. I was bummed that there was no Arcee, but I was feeling lucky, so I stopped at the new Walmart by my house, too. Sure enough, I found the last Arcee (at that point, I bought Bumblebee too).

I have to wait for the new Voyagers so I can get Bulkhead and Starscream, and then I'll have all the Prime figures so far that I definitely plan on getting. Anyone know when we can expect them?

I have to wait for the new Voyagers so I can get Bulkhead and Starscream, and then I'll have all the Prime figures so far that I definitely plan on getting. Anyone know when we can expect them?

wave 2 voyagers and wave 3 deluxes should be out in April. I'd give it about a month. I'm probably going to pick up up knockout when I see him, and I'll be getting as many vehicons as I can. I might pick up Starscream if it looks decent once we see some in hand pictures, but I'm skipping Bulkhead in the hopes that the First Edition molds gets a second release. beyond that, the only things I've seen that look interesting are the Voyager Skyquake and Breakdown molds which we've only seen in grey prototype form.

Somehow, it seems unlikely. It's nothing more than a hunch, but I have a feeling they aren't really interested. They seem to be more preoccupied with the Prime line and the upcoming Generations FOC toys.

Then again, adult collectibles have never been Hasbro's primary product to begin with, and these days they seem to be placing even more emphasis on the kiddie market.

So, the un-Kawamoried MP Starscream's out. Only real coloring issue IMHO is the canopy framing---gunmetal? Seems kinda random, since AFAIK pretty much every representation of every seeker ever has the canopy framing as the same color as the rest of the fuselage. Really stands out IMHO against the light grey.

(that, and the face seems too dark--blends in with the helmet too much)

So, the un-Kawamoried MP Starscream's out. Only real coloring issue IMHO is the canopy framing---gunmetal? Seems kinda random, since AFAIK pretty much every representation of every seeker ever has the canopy framing as the same color as the rest of the fuselage. Really stands out IMHO against the light grey.

(that, and the face seems too dark--blends in with the helmet too much)

What I want to know is what the hell they where thinking going with that swirly "matalic" grey plastic? that TOTALLY doesn't look cheap and KO quality in the slightest. :rolleyes:

^ agreed. That plastic is acceptable on a smaller TF (even then I don't like it) but on something like an MP it looks truly lousy.

It's like his whole body is made from that same ugly plastic that Hasbro cast MP Rodimus' face and hands in.

Are the feet articulated? I can't tell from the pics. They look static, but in order to transform into jet mode, they should be able to swivel around and be stowed on the shins.

And I can't believe they didn't paint the side covers on his hips!

The face sculpt is an improvement, although I agree that the silver's too dark. Hope there's a face-flip gimmick they didn't/forgot to show on the pics.

So, um... I bought myself a powerizer optimus prime. :unsure:

Wal-Mart had an ad in the paper this weekend listing Prime Voyagers for $15. And because they charged me the regular $20 and I had to go back to get a refund, the knocked a couple extra dollars off so I ended up getting him for $13.

Now that I've got it in hand, I actually like the toy a lot; with the caviout that I've already got the FE version as my definitive Prime Optimus prime and I got RID prime for the price of a deluxe.

Comparing the two side by side, I can definitely say that the Powerizer Prime is absolutely NOT a good substitute for FE prime. The FE is simply flat out better than Powerizer prime both as a representation of Prime Optimus prime and as a transforming figure. But just as a toy, without comparing it to anything else, I actually think he's perfectly ok. If you took him and painted all the blue and red parts black, he'd actually make a really cool Prime RID scourge. I'm kind of tempted to do that, although I don't really want to paint mine.

Edited by anime52k8

Finally found ratchet. Not bad. Even though he's cheating theres little kibble unlike rid arcee. Rid prime is ok but truck mode looks too much like a happy meal. Looking forward to sky quake, not dread wing. Just like sky quake's colors more, and wishes of a rerelease of FE bulkhead one day. The rid one looks horrible.

Edited by Negotiator

Trailer of TF: Fall of Cybertron

Can we play with our old Tfs in the new multiplayer?

did anyone catch this over from TFw2005?

I don't saw your link XD

Sorry for double post^^"

Edited by Old_Nash

So, um... I bought myself a powerizer optimus prime. :unsure:

Wal-Mart had an ad in the paper this weekend listing Prime Voyagers for $15. And because they charged me the regular $20 and I had to go back to get a refund, the knocked a couple extra dollars off so I ended up getting him for $13.

Now that I've got it in hand, I actually like the toy a lot; with the caviout that I've already got the FE version as my definitive Prime Optimus prime and I got RID prime for the price of a deluxe.

Comparing the two side by side, I can definitely say that the Powerizer Prime is absolutely NOT a good substitute for FE prime. The FE is simply flat out better than Powerizer prime both as a representation of Prime Optimus prime and as a transforming figure. But just as a toy, without comparing it to anything else, I actually think he's perfectly ok. If you took him and painted all the blue and red parts black, he'd actually make a really cool Prime RID scourge. I'm kind of tempted to do that, although I don't really want to paint mine.

apples and oranges compared to the FE version. however when it comes to having a closed top side the RiD version takes it. I've heard there were problems with the FE editions vehicle roof top not closing at all on one side.

But if you don't like the clear forearms they're pretty easy to fix up with either a red sharpie or a little primer and flat red which is what i did. Then just made a simple design on the side panels for the blue markings. All in all it was pretty easy and he's a lot more tv accurate.

Ratchet though, damn, he's got a lot of work coming to him very soon.

Finally found every RID Prime toy x2 - one to open and one to store MISB. Definitely loving this line despite issues like Prime's non-tv accurate paint scheme and Arcee's huge wings. Still, surprisingly, I'm loving the Cyberverse Commanders line the most. Prime isn't too impressive but Bulkhead is a lot of bot for $8 from Target this week and Starscream looks tougher than Megatron. Can't wait for the vehicles.

Currently eying the Takara versions of PRID Soundwave and Vehicon. Personally, these are the only two PRID figs worth getting, and Soundwave's minicon [or whatever they're called here] looks cool. Thankfully, I won't have to use any of those dinky stickers since Soundwave's CG render doesn't really have any noticeable paint apps, aside from the purple "energon lines", which I think are pre-painted.

apples and oranges compared to the FE version. however when it comes to having a closed top side the RiD version takes it. I've heard there were problems with the FE editions vehicle roof top not closing at all on one side.

You know, I've never had much of a problem with gaps on my FE prime. The hood panels don't quite line up perfectly, but the roof and rest of the cab have always lined up just fine. actually, my PRID version has more gap issues, I just can't get the chest/window piece to line up with the left hood, which throws the entire side of the truck cab out of wack.

But if you don't like the clear forearms they're pretty easy to fix up with either a red sharpie or a little primer and flat red which is what i did. Then just made a simple design on the side panels for the blue markings. All in all it was pretty easy and he's a lot more tv accurate.

Ratchet though, damn, he's got a lot of work coming to him very soon.

Honestly, the clear blue in the forearms dosen't bother me all that much. The things I take issue with are fundimental sculpt/engineering problems; hollow parts, odd proportions, big pieces of kibble, etc.

Just picked one up and its great for you old transformer heads. I was reading on the TF forums and they were talking about how they have 9,10,11 seekers and that they might as well collect macross. thought it was funny. So I guess it is somewhat related.