The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Going off the price of Prowl, it's cheaper to import it than buy from hasbro.

I think Prowl's the exception, not the rule. For Soundwave and Prime, it was running $50-$100 more to import, after shipping.

I don't think so. I think the days of MP's being 200+ are over. The original run of Soundwave was actually $160. Now that they are pumping out MP to meet demand I doubt you'll see shortage spikes.

UM is $150.

I bet his Hasbro release will be $120 or so.

I have to say. The lower legs of MP-22 are terrible. The center piece of the lower leg that is folded up into the back of the trailer is just to small everywhere. There are gaps in the front, gaps on the side and gaps on the back. Also he needs to lean forward to not topple over. Why not bring the center leg piece a bit more forward to the shins to remove the gap between the legs and the shin guards a bit.

I still like it because it is the one transforming Ultra Magnus toy that comes the closest to what I imagined Ultra Magnus would look like from my childhood memories and hopefully the paint job lets MP-22 look less noisy than the gray prototype pictures.

Articulation seems terrible limited too. Worse than MP-10 and ever worser than all the other Masterpiece Transformers after Convoy sans the seekers. To me it seems like the elbows could bend less than 45 degrees.

The designer (Hasui I think) showed that he could do great designs so maybe this is the best one can do given the source material. The butt flap however is terribly lazy because you could easily engineered a second joint in the middle of the cap roof to fold it in have and shorten it I think.

Bumblebee looks great in color though. The hollow forearms don't look terrible no but I feel Takara should have done something different with them. His forearms are pretty tiny so maybe any other solution would've resulted in a toy that breaks very easy.

So rant over I guess. Can't wait till August for MP Wheeljack. ^_^

Butt-flap is not so cool, but at least it is not a forward waist flap like on Rodimus, that becomes unsightly when you try to pose him with a leg moved forward.

The gaps everywhere I am willing to deal with, but the lack of waist joint annoys me more. That is standard articulation I expect from a MP Transformer.

I am curious to know what die-hard "no wrap-around armor" UM fans think of this so far?

The detachable cap gets me thinking. Maybe Takara will release a white MP-10 with different, redesigned legs so that it can fit under the trailer hitch. Maybe the wheels on the legs do not stay in place but fold onto the back of the legs to bulk them up. Not sure if this is wishful thinking because there doesn't seem to be much room under the trailer hitch. :)

As for die-hard all in one fans I think they could have done better in reducing the gaps and kibble on the lower legs and back of the toy. Other than that I think it is the best Ultra Magnus toy we will be getting from the 1986 movie design for some time. I assume this would have resulted in panel madness on an already panel-tastic toy though.

Edited by Scyla

King release is not chinese. Glad I flipped mine and got some cash back.

Anyways the guy from BK collectables is saying that he's been told its a 2nd production run from TT. So it's likely hasbro Asia has nothing to with it.

Source: Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion - View Single Post - MP-08X King Grimlock Re-issue in JULY!!!

You guys cant use BBTS and TFsource for pricing regulation of this stuff.

Tak Prowl 48$ from AE

Has Prowl 60$ from TRU

Tak MP Prime 145 from HLJ

Tak MP Prime 140 from TRU

Tak Grimlock 80 from AE

Has Grimlock 70 from TRU

You guys are so used to getting raped by US companies importing from oversea's resellers that you take the ether and let it happen.

instead of asking why.

I don't think so. I think the days of MP's being 200+ are over. The original run of Soundwave was actually $160. Now that they are pumping out MP to meet demand I doubt you'll see shortage spikes.

UM is $150.

I bet his Hasbro release will be $120 or so.

You live in the Rape world of BBTS and TFsource man,

Ultra Magnus is 126$

http://www.anime-export.com/product/19423

There's no way I'm paying the same price for the craptastic, mold flash edged, loose joint Hasbro version for anywhere near that price.

There's never been a 200$ MP toy in Japan, and there's no excuse for over paying from US sellers, only to cry about the pricing.

MP Grimlock was 105$ when the first run hit, people were like "OMG a 100$ transfomer, no way!" and then it sold out.

MP Skywarp was 78$ at HLJ's preorder price, that's 8$ more then a TRU MP seeker

MP-10 was the only exception at 176$, but compared to 300$ from BBTS, and that awful loose TRU version for 145.

It was worth the extra coin.

People just need to learn how to pre-order, and use shipping combining to acquire this stuff.

Guest davidwhangchoi

at this point i'll see it and believe it when pre-orders open on Japan sites. until then, i could care less. some guy says mp-10 is limited. who was that? that evilcat guy who sells on lunar toys, that was b.s. then the next guy say grimlock mold is done. oh yeah ,then i guess TT is just re making more. what happened to? "the grimlock mold was done and TT is completely shutting it down.

not to say this is not legit (i think it's believable) but some say some nonsense that's total bs. so i'll just wait.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

King release is not chinese. Glad I flipped mine and got some cash back.

Until it goes up for PO in Japan, it's not Takara involved. I'm not putting faith in it because 1 store outside of BBTS and TFsource says it be true.

He probably has the same distributor as them.

"yeah it's totally a second run, Takara asked what else they could make for the markets they don't sell to!"

Yes. Evilcat was full of crap. That's why I don't deal with him anymore. My bad. crap happens. I was able to flip both of my Chinese Grimlocks though, and made money off both of them so...I'm not too botherd.

I think he believed what he was saying about the mold and he was RIGHT as the mold has degarded, but he had no idea that Hasbro would go insane trying to keep up with KO'ers and make even more! At the time nobody knew Grimlock would be mass KO'd on this level.

Edited by Gakken85

MP UM - butt flap or no butt flap, still getting it. Currently there's no other MP size UM out there and this UM is very close to the 1986 movie. Citizen Stack looks nice, but it does not resemble what I had in my memory.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Yes. Evilcat was full of crap. That's why I don't deal with him anymore. My bad. crap happens. I was able to flip both of my Chinese Grimlocks though, and made money off both of them so...I'm not too botherd.

Yeah, it wasn't you. i was reading his posts as well but now i'm reserved when it comes to his info.

The real issue here, is if there's a second run of a E-hobby exclusive... wouldn't be through E-Hobby?

Also if Takara made an E-tailer exclusive, then it's even less of a chance that they would go around E-hobby and sell

the same thing again. There are contracts and stuff when you deal with retail exclusives.

If anything it speaks to it being HA even more.

One thing that makes me think it isn't a HasAsia release is that it was an Ehobby exclusive and they rarely, if ever allow reprints. It seems Takara would need to go to them to get the colors and such. If it does show up on Japanese sites I'll just cancel my order elsewhere.

E-Hobby do occasionally reissue exclusives, such as G1 Sunstorm and Black Megatron. Masterpiece MP-8X King Grimlock was exclusive to Toy Hobby Market, not e-Hobby. Sleep Mode Convoy was also exclusive to Toy Hobby Market in Japan but received as Asian release - they were identical except for their collectors cards.

So I got my copy of the so called "second production run" of MP Lambor and it has a terrible paint-job. It is by far the worst collector toy I got in my (small) collection. There is like a 2 mm red paint overspray in the roof area. A piece that should be painted red plastic has a blackish tint to it, etc.

I haven't had the chance to take it out of it's box to transform it and inspect it further. Now I'm discussing what to do next. Maybe I should send a complaint out to the shop where I bought it from and demand a replacement unit. Then again I don't want to get hit by customs a second time and pay for shipping it back. On the other hand since Takara got my money already it is morally ok to buy a KO because I heard that they are of pretty good quality. ;)

I'm bummed out at the moment. :(

[edit: ] Was able to inspect MP-12 more thoroughly and the paint-job is worse that I feared. I skimmed through the MP Lambor thread over at TFW and the paint on mine is not the worst example I've seen but the second worst. Some of the areas I discovered:

1. On the roof there is paint missing on the edge to the black section (where the rocket launcher plugs in).
  2. Some minor oversprays of black paint and some scuffs around the side windows.
  3. The panel where the side mirror is attached was not painted fully so I can see the black plastic underneath
  4. The roof has a flat paint nose
  5. The gun looks like it was painted than thrown into the dust immediately after and painted again.

I don't want to bore you with this because I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse here but I'm really frustrated. I thought the second production run would have a slightly better paint-job than the first one. Even the people in the thread for this run at TFW have said that their copies have better QC this time around.

Does anyone has any experience with replacements from BBTS (this is where I bought him from). Do they replace toys with such errors and do they cover shipping it back?

Thanks. :angry:

Edited by Scyla

Does anyone has any experience with replacements from BBTS (this is where I bought him from). Do they replace toys with such errors and do they cover shipping it back?

Ouch and I thought my TT was bad, bbts does cover shipping costs. As far as replacing it, it wont hurt to ask. I've heard of other people that got replacement figures for lesser issues. Maybe take pictures of the problem areas and send that with your request. Heres bbts' return policy http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/help.aspx#return

Reissues of MP's next year.

*snip*

Awesome! I missed out on every single one of those releases the first time around so I'll be happy to get my hands on them. Hopefully they will improve/fix MP-10's whole "dead eyes" thing though.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Awesome! I missed out on every single one of those releases the first time around so I'll be happy to get my hands on them. Hopefully they will improve/fix MP-10's whole "dead eyes" thing though.

-b.

also the finger on the fists that keeps falling off.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

The eyes are very easy to repaint, as it's a separate piece and you only have to take out like a screw or two to get to it. I'm very seriously considering selling my US MP-10, and ordering a Takara one. (as the bright red/blue still bugs me----I'll just repaint the Takara eyes, dab on some amber cab lights, and it'll be the ultimate version)

Don't think this is posted yet, but the BAPE prime is ... actually pretty cool. I love the Camo stripe.

I've been down on MP's lately but I might pick this up if it's just a prime with no cab.

maz-40291-albums-transformers-picture124

I know but thank you. :)

I always assumed that the silver stripes on his torso come from the silver stripe of the cap. So even if the silver pieces of the torso are "fake" parts (i.e. the wheel housing) to keep the story behind the transformation consistent they should also paint the "fake" stripes in robot mode in this camo pattern....

Now I hope this makes sense. ^_^

I was really hoping a MP-10 reissue would be without the trailer. I scored the TRU Hasbro version during a 30% off sale for $70 CAD so $230+ CAD for the Takara is pretty hard for me to justify.... I will wait to see if there are any mold improvements or additional paint apps on this reissue.

MP-11 Starscream is as good as ordered though.