The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

I got MP-12J today from China.

First impression, I have to say, if this is a KO, it's as good if not better then the TAK versions.

Tight joints, same feel of plastic, and the shoulders actually snapped into the upward position.

My other Lambos don't have that!

The only issue...

The mid section peg is too big, and has to be shaved to fit the slot. ( giggidy)

2Wzho8t.jpg

eFyHetI.jpg

YqgxZ1Y.jpg

All in all, including the Takara copyright tags, this feels like it's the legit mold.

It's crisp and not cheap. Miles ahead if the KO SS's and RA's.

Looks good :D He'll look boss displayed with my three grimmys haha.

The legs look nice and full.

Also looks like it's August for $65 japan.

Probably be $90-100 here.

Edited by Gakken85

All depends on how they paint it. Cartoon-accurate ultra-simplified deco is a deal-killer. Gotta be a nice authentic Alitalia-sponsored look. I don't need nor want every little sponsor logo etc---but it's gotta have the full stripes and Alitalia name all over it.

Basically, take the G1 toy, and do what it'd look like if it had a way bigger paint budget back when.

All depends on how they paint it. Cartoon-accurate ultra-simplified deco is a deal-killer. Gotta be a nice authentic Alitalia-sponsored look. I don't need nor want every little sponsor logo etc---but it's gotta have the full stripes and Alitalia name all over it.

Basically, take the G1 toy, and do what it'd look like if it had a way bigger paint budget back when.

I'd prefer if they don't go full out on the details. All the other MPs are rather subtle on the details level so I hope Takara only prints on the number and the green and red stripes (and maybe the Alitalia and Lancia logo).

btw although i've had issues with Anime Export, AE is the best place to order TF masterpiece IMO. $44 each right now (but you must prepay... of course hlj adn amiami will get these too (though its not up yet) and hlj may be an overall better bet (you can pay later and price will be only slightly higher is my guess), but for probably the best pricing....its NOW and its with AE before they run out of preorders.

I'd prefer if they don't go full out on the details. All the other MPs are rather subtle on the details level so I hope Takara only prints on the number and the green and red stripes (and maybe the Alitalia and Lancia logo).

Well personally I want EVERYTHING printed on. actually, I want everything on the car, they can leave off the silly tech greable stickers from the robot mode but I want the vehicle to look like a 1/32 scale model of the real life car.

So many people miss this---the red and green stripes ARE Alitalia's logo. It's a distinctive pattern/color. That's why they're kinda critical to the licensing issues.

(personally, I'm really hoping for red wheels, because they look AWESOME). If they had had the paint or tooling budget, the original toy would probably have had them red. But that would have been a unique color, both plastic and paint-wise, not used anywhere else on the figure.

btw although i've had issues with Anime Export, AE is the best place to order TF masterpiece IMO. $44 each right now (but you must prepay... of course hlj adn amiami will get these too (though its not up yet) and hlj may be an overall better bet (you can pay later and price will be only slightly higher is my guess), but for probably the best pricing....its NOW and its with AE before they run out of preorders.

Anime Export have good prices and ship fast, however after my last ordeal with them (involving a Masterbard chargeback) I won't be using them again. They require payment upfront and that shipping date is more than six months away, so I'll wait for HLJ, Amiami or HobbySearch to open their orders.

Otherwise there are the Hong Kong dealers, which give you cheaper shipping and tend to include the Amazon extras and coins, if that's your thing.

I can understand the desire to have any possible marking on the toy and it might look good as a car but I fear that it will look too busy in robot mode and that some of the details get lost because some of the markings on the original car look so tiny that maybe the won't look good shrunk down to the size of the toy.

With all the splits on the mold (see the roof) markings has to be printed on in parts. Wouldn't this lead to scuffed up details on the edges of the parts?

So I had to fix the knee joint of my MP-09B today again! I hope this will help. I glued all parts of the crumbled, geared piece onto a washer. I will also remove the piece with the teeth of the ratchet so it will be a friction joint only. I would like to glue a washer on top for extra stability but then I have to shave down the plastic so I can fit the washer sandwich into the thigh. I hope this won't be necessary. Oh and the other knee joint broke also but I have to find fitting washers to repair this one. It still holds up so no need to hurry.

I think the MP-09 would be the perfect transformer if it weren't for the parts that just wait to break. :(

So I had to fix the knee joint of my MP-09B today again! I hope this will help. I glued all parts of the crumbled, geared piece onto a washer. I will also remove the piece with the teeth of the ratchet so it will be a friction joint only. I would like to glue a washer on top for extra stability but then I have to shave down the plastic so I can fit the washer sandwich into the thigh. I hope this won't be necessary. Oh and the other knee joint broke also but I have to find fitting washers to repair this one. It still holds up so no need to hurry.

I think the MP-09 would be the perfect transformer if it weren't for the parts that just wait to break. :(

Is that knee breakage thing exclusive to the MP-09B? I've only ever seen those with crumbled pale blue plastic at the knees.

It seems it is only a problem for the black MP-09 and from the information I've gathered it happens for each and every one of them. Some people claim that they're fused together with the ratchet part of the joint IIRC.