The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Yeah the stories were great(mostly) but the sometimes bad art and colouring annoyed me. Even though I have fond memories of these comics. I liked how they weren't afraid to change the leaders every now and then. I especially like how the writer had to deal with changes the toyline would spring on him. Due to only 12 issues a year there was no time to stay status quo.

While the coloring and mechanical designs were simple (and the printing low quality, typical of 1980s era comic books), when they did feature a good artist the results could be quite dramatic and compelling. I can still remember some of the best panels from those early books like it was yesterday. But sadly the art quality could be inconsistent from one story arc to the next (sometimes from one issue to the next) as they did their typical shuffling of the artistic talent. The art may be dated and quaint compared to comics of today, but the best of it wasn't without merit.

My favorite Marvel story is the one where the Predacons were fighting Megatron. I think the Marvel comics more than the Sunbow cartoon are the reason I love the Predacons. Ironically, although my first exposure to the Seacons was through the story where Blaster and Buster infiltrate the Decepticon's island resort, I kind of like them best from Masterforce... and I kind of hated Masterforce. Marvel also gets major props from taking one of Soundwave's cassettes and putting him in charge of the Decepticons.

I've never been a big comic guy but when I was a kid I got my hands on the marvel transformers comic where Ratchet saved the Autobots by repairing the dinobots and pushing Megatron off a cliff. For some reason I never bought any more but that comic is why I've always preferred Ratchet over Ironhide, bring on the red head Takara!

i remember some little nut and bolt sticks onto bumble bee and then starts eating him.

Scraplets! And they found out that you can kill them with water.

Oh, and technically Bumblebee was Goldbug at that point in the story.

My favorite Marvel story is the one where the Predacons were fighting Megatron. I think the Marvel comics more than the Sunbow cartoon are the reason I love the Predacons. Ironically, although my first exposure to the Seacons was through the story where Blaster and Buster infiltrate the Decepticon's island resort, I kind of like them best from Masterforce... and I kind of hated Masterforce. Marvel also gets major props from taking one of Soundwave's cassettes and putting him in charge of the Decepticons.

Yeah the Predacon storyline was great. I also liked the transportation bridge that ended that saga and how it lead into Cybertron. I thought the complete takeover of Cybertron by the Decepticons was a dark and really interesting idea. All the Autobots forced into resistance-like groups. Also LOVED Omega Supreme in those books. His first battle against the Decepticons remains one of the best debuts of any Autobot.

I've never been a big comic guy but when I was a kid I got my hands on the marvel transformers comic where Ratchet saved the Autobots by repairing the dinobots and pushing Megatron off a cliff. For some reason I never bought any more but that comic is why I've always preferred Ratchet over Ironhide, bring on the red head Takara!

We were just discussing that. For the same reason, Ratchet remains one of my favorite characters. ANd Shockwave one of my favorite villains. ALl thanks to that excellent story line.

Is MP-14+ just a mainland asia thing or will it be available at the traditional Japanese stores?

takara tomy webstore exclusive i think

MP Inferno rumors? The fact that the teaser is on Takara's mall website makes me think it may not be a rumor.

MP inferno would be awesome. let's hope confirmation comes out soon. i wonder if they will actually do it and beat 3P's 2nd and 3rd efforts to market. MMC and XTb can't be happy about this. i'm guessing maketoys already made their money on theris. i think the more important hasbro asia gets (whose cusotmers cross shop with 3P way more often than japan domestic market) in terms of its voice in the release of MPs ( i bet takara sells more through hasbro asia than JDM market now), the more direction action against upcomonig 3P products takara will take. we've never seen anything like this kind of teaser from takara....and it also helps (i would think) sales of mp14+ (do not want btw).

what is weird is that silhouette doesn't seem to be to scale...inferno looks too small there...then again TT has been playing it fast and loose with robot mode scale ever since magnus (too big). tracks was a touch taller than he should have been though not an issue. ironhide...too tall again. shockwave...too short and small.

Edited by Mechapilot77

what is weird is that silhouette doesn't seem to be to scale...inferno looks too small there...then again TT has been playing it fast and loose with robot mode scale ever since magnus (too big). tracks was a touch taller than he should have been though not an issue. ironhide...too tall again. shockwave...too short and small.

Screw MP Inferno where's my MP Hound? :p. ..... and Jazz.

Just going by the Sunbow scale chart I think Ironhide and Shockwave are just fine. https://toyroom.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/sunbow_scale.jpg

Guest davidwhangchoi

Scraplets! And they found out that you can kill them with water.

Oh, and technically Bumblebee was Goldbug at that point in the story.

yeah! those were interesting...transforming into a nut and eating you alive :o

Yeah I saw that image with the rumored TT Inferno, even posted it in the third party thread since it seems this announcement is coming right around the third party Inferno release and news cluster. I know it's just a teaser image, but if that's roughly his actual robot size, that's way too small for my liking. I'll be sticking with my MMC Backdraft pre-order, at this point I'm confident he will be fantastic, and I'm not confident the official TT version will be worth it. As others have said, I may get a TT Grapple, I'd like him to be slightly different from my Inferno.

Inferno's a weird choice but it'll be cool to see how they try to change it up from the excellent 3P offerings (especially MMC Backdraft). I'm pretty sure a 3P company was working on Jazz, though there hasn't been any new news about it in some time.

For those who followed my post about the defective Devastator.

The Amazon seller apologized and returned our money. It took several emails, but in the end the store did the right thing. Thank you for the support and replies. This was resolved last week and i completely forgot to tell you about it guys.

V.

Edited by vlenhoff

I had Kup, Hot Rod, and Blurr as Targetmasters, but that's it. I had to look at a wiki to even remember who he is.

He's looking pretty good, but I might be done with Hasbro Transformers for real now.

G1 Triggerhappy was so simple, and has a Cybertronian alt-mode, so he's in the "hard to be massively better" category if an MP or 3P came out. Kind of like Soundwave---the G1 was already fairly "perfect"---new ones are just bigger. Sure they're better, but it's not like MP Bumblebee levels of better than the original.

I just got MP Ratchet. I'm not sure if it's just my copy, but I'm noticing that the fit and quality for Ratchet seems to be a step down from Ironhide. That's a shame since I prefer Ratchet over Ironhide.

Also, can someone verify if the two halves of Ratchet's head are evenly aligned at the top? On my copy, one side of his head is raised slightly higher than the other, which annoys my OCD greatly. I tried looking at some reviews but I can't see it clearly.

Thanks!

I just looked at some of the pictures of the Masterpiece Ratchet on Google images. Damn, I can really see myself buying one of these.

When it comes to Transformers, I am a total newb in regards to the merchandise. I've not kept up with it the series or the products in anyway over the last two decades, so if I wanted to buy myself a really good rendition of a particular Transformer - like Ratchet - would the Masterpiece be the one to get? What other versions are there that are available and worth the money? Are their also small and cheap versions in addition to the large and expensive collector-grade releases? I'm also seeing images of another, similar style Ratchet on Google images that looks quite good.

Any advice would be welcome.