The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

I think the seekers stands to obliterate MP-10 for repaints. Off the top of my head, Hasbro has brought MP-10 to retail twice in some form and Takara has issued four variations of MP-10. Did I miss any?

Looks right.

It's just "we're gonna paint Optimus Eva purple" seems odd when you have a mold that carries at least six different paint jobs in the cartoon sitting underutilized.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Hi guys,

While waiting for trypticon to drop i ordered fortress.

Came in today:post-14069-0-62418500-1446001449_thumb.jpeg

Wow this box is huge:

post-14069-0-58737300-1446001475_thumb.jpeg

You guys remember this classic artwork:)

post-14069-0-83005800-1446001659_thumb.jpeg

Size comparison:

post-14069-0-74571600-1446001730_thumb.jpeg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Geez, he's THAT much bigger than Metroplex?I knew he was bigger, but never really had the context for how MUCH.

He's big. haha. You can put a big piece of glass over him and make a coffee table.

I have all the autobot bases, i just need trypticon and scorpi (maybe grab a ko or wait and hope for a reissue)

Photos of the undercarriage of MP Rodimus. While everyone on the boards in the transformers pages are screaming foul it seems they purposley went with the G1 toy undercarriage look.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-magazine-images-of-takara-masterpiece-mp-28-hot-rodimus-hot-rod-undercarriage-shot/34133/

Edited by kanedaestes

Tracks looking good.

TT showing they are still on top.

*snip*

I have some issues with the backpack. Form the side it looks like the back of the car is sitting over his had. This in itself is nothing bad since it is a Transformer and you should be able to make out parts of the alt-mode. However it looks very hallow from the side. I'd rather have some mechanism to collapse the backpack on itself and creating a more solid look.

This is something that the Masterpiece did very well but seems to be missing on Tracks. I think this is the first MP that Kobayashi was responsible alone as the design-lead after he took over from Hasui (MP-22 seem more like a joint-venture between the two). So I'm looking forward if Tracks is an indication of where things are going. MP Hot Rodimus looks strikingly similar to MP-09 in the way his torso is created. While I never thought that the torso of MP-09 was the part of the toy that was exceptionally bad many think that the sandwich look is unworthy of the MP line.

Of course it could be that Hasui created all the easy designs first and now that the more complex transformation schemes are done you could preserve the look of the early Masterpieces (MP-10 onwards).

With that being said I personally think that all MP releases after MP-21 Bumble where not as good as the one that came before. I have some major issues with Magnus and Star Saber so I hope Tracks wins be over since I'm a huge fan of this Autobot.

I have some issues with the backpack. Form the side it looks like the back of the car is sitting over his had. This in itself is nothing bad since it is a Transformer and you should be able to make out parts of the alt-mode. However it looks very hallow from the side. I'd rather have some mechanism to collapse the backpack on itself and creating a more solid look.

This is something that the Masterpiece did very well but seems to be missing on Tracks. I think this is the first MP that Kobayashi was responsible alone as the design-lead after he took over from Hasui (MP-22 seem more like a joint-venture between the two). So I'm looking forward if Tracks is an indication of where things are going. MP Hot Rodimus looks strikingly similar to MP-09 in the way his torso is created. While I never thought that the torso of MP-09 was the part of the toy that was exceptionally bad many think that the sandwich look is unworthy of the MP line.

Of course it could be that Hasui created all the easy designs first and now that the more complex transformation schemes are done you could preserve the look of the early Masterpieces (MP-10 onwards).

With that being said I personally think that all MP releases after MP-21 Bumble where not as good as the one that came before. I have some major issues with Magnus and Star Saber so I hope Tracks wins be over since I'm a huge fan of this Autobot.

yeah i agree on that last bit. magnus isn't what he should be. this tracks looks pretty good but there are a number of things i don't like as well. i can't comment on star saber since i don't have it and was never a fan of the jp only series. not a fan of the upcoming ironhide either.

So nobody has been able to answer.. but is clampdown not coming through the japanese shops?

Wasn't Clampdown a Takara Mall Exclusive? If so the regular Japansese shops won't have him. These toy releases seem similar to Bandai Web Shop Exclusives when it comes to distribution.

Ah ok.

Guess you guys saw the BAPE MP-10 red color went on sale yesterday.

From what I can tell you could only get one in HK at the bape store there, and you had to stand in line and get a raffle ticket, so it's even more rare than the Green version.

I'm seeing them on Japanese sites for 80,000 yen and one on ebay for $1200.

No cheaper middle men this time.

I saw a few on Taobao for about 300 yesterday but they sold uber quick. Guess you can always wait for the KO :p haha

1446491335_o0.jpg

Ah ok.

From what I can tell you could only get one in HK at the bape store there, and you had to stand in line and get a raffle ticket, so it's even more rare than the Green version.

I saw a few on Taobao for about 300 yesterday but they sold uber quick. Guess you can always wait for the KO :p haha

1446491335_o0.jpg

I'm sad... maybe more will be sold on b the Bape website?

Ah ok.

1446491335_o0.jpg

I like this colour. I'm hoping to pick one up down the line for a reasonable price. Have seen genuine green ones go for around $250 lately so I'd pay $300 for this one. No more though.

Ah ok.

1446491335_o0.jpg

don't see the point of the bape partnerships....this one and the previous green one...IMO...way to wear down a great mold for no reason. YOTH prime is a more attaractive deco even than these...granted this one isn't nearly as bad as the green one.