The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Thank you!

If Takara or Hasbro re-release a "regular" MP-10 you're darn straight I'm going to get one or two. I wasn't inclined to pay the asking prices for the Eva or Bape since I'm not that big a fan of either design, and I'd like to open one up for display next to Hot Rod. B))

-b.

You're in luck.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11952&mode=retail

You can also get it a month early for $20 more if you're feeling frisky.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11953&mode=retail

Edited by eriku

B))

Thank you.

Ya know, I think Gakken may have already pointed this out to me and I just forgot from being caught up in all of the VF-25S madness.

-b.

AWESOME!!! David, I Only want the black ones... and which ever ones you don't want... How do we do this?

on another subject, I waited and waited for this MP Prowl... visited stores over and over... and noooow it shows up.. now that i have the TAKARA version. I cant believe it is this pricey, i am so glad i got my non pompous"smaller" box Prowl version. I missed on the TRU MP Soundwave, but I do have frenzy and Bussaw. Anyway, i just wish i can find an affordable lose MP soundwave... wink wink...

I guess i 'll be getting my next MPs with HLJ. 51 bucks a pop plus horrible shipping is better than waiting to find anything at TRU. I even got to meet a scalper who worked at TRU on one occasion, lol[cries inside]. I can't do the TRU thing anymore. I'd just love to find a toy on the shelf... yes i am childish... but this has to end...

[uNRELATED]: I just want a good version of Ironhide, is that too much to ask? I didnt buy the 3rd party version, and i hope Hasbro/Takara get their **** together....

Edited by vlenhoff

I juts want a good version of Ironhide, is that too much to ask? I didnt buy the 3rd party version, and i hope Hasbro takara get their **** together....

Agreed, Ratchet and Ironhide are long overdue official G1 animation accurate toys. The original toy was full of WTF. A MP version would be most welcome. I'd really be amazed if they could find a way to make Ironhide's big gun retract into his back like in the show.

I would love to see an in-MP10-scale Hot Rod without MP-09's Rodimus gimmick.

What about one that trades it for a spring-loaded auto-evolution gimmick that triggers when you set an included magnetic Matrix into his hands? Because that'd be awesome(albeit terrible for accuracy and transformation)

I was hoping for a classic style 3 pack giftset of the Fairladys.

Maybe a different set of colors for bluestreak?

Pack them all together for $110 or something? I would have double-dipped on that.

It was not meant to be though.

Edited by Gakken85

Dang, only $159.99 for MP-10 reissue? I paid $250 back then, but not from online.

Dang, only $159.99 for MP-10 reissue? I paid $250 back then, but not from online.

Yeah, but Gakken or David pointed out awhile ago those will be the Hasbro Asia re-releases and not a straight Takara re-issue so it won't be available at places like HLJ, AmiAmi or Hobby Search.

And despite all of my talk, I still haven't pulled the trigger on an order yet...

-b.

Thanks, Gakken! Wow. I haven't had a chance to look over my MP-08X. I'll make sure to check for this issue carefully. :o

On Hasbro's MP Optimus:

I agree with Valkyrie2008. Even though it is a Hasbro Asia reissue, aftermarket prices are still high. For example, here is an ebay auction that sold this weekend (US Seller):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hasbro-Transformers-Optimus-Prime-Masterpiece-MP-10-TRU-exclusive-/121407565808?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item1c44746ff0

I'm tempted to pick this one up again. Hasbro US may reissue Optimus some day, but getting one now at $100 less than the ebay asking price is pretty good. I think I'll try TFSource again and see how that goes. Then I can use the money I save on shipping to pick up some Reprolabels for the trailer. B))

Yeah... about the paint.. haha. I'm going to do a review this weekend and compare the two side by side. It's not going to be pretty.

I got bored. Crappy photo haha

vflFh7y.jpg

Edited by Gakken85

Anybody else notice this?

I'm not sure why people aren't making this connection.

Is Hasbro basically selling off unboxed or broken stock and then letting a proxy sell it as a KO? THEN also selling it in a shitty box stateside for even more cash?

Why is Hasbro and "Wukong" using the same changes of materials and plastic? Are Hasbro cutting costs to make it as cheap as the KO? and if so what's the difference? Why buy the original?

I've never held the Wukong, so I'm not sure... but it would be hilarious if the legs were tighter there.

Y6ahyAK.jpg

Edited by Gakken85

here's a thought:

When Hasbro/Takara orders a run of a toy, the factory makes a bunch more than hasTak actually ordered, and these "KO" masterpieces are actually extras being sold by the factory managers under hastak's nose.

:edit:

nah, that makes too much sense, clearly Hasbro is just evil and out to frakk over all the nerds on the internet while twiddling their comedy pencil mustache.

Edited by anime52k8

That Rodimus is weird. Whether its a KO or a sample of a new run from Takara, why the hell would they use those Hasbro elbows?

In any case, what I really want is a smaller, simplified Hot Rod with no forced Rodimus mode.

I don't see how this is a conspiracy theory. It seems to make too much sense haha. I mean.. it's a little beyond coincidence that the official release and the KO are using the exact shade of plastic on a release that comes out at the same time.

But I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice, but it's odd more people aren't pissed about it, especially if you bought the Hasbro re-issue. You basically bought a KO.

I'd feel duped.

Selling off extras is also pretty shady.

I mean if Nike had some defective and inferior shoes and still charged 120 bucks for them, wouldn't you want to know? And then they replaced the soles on the "official" shoe and sold it for more?

Btw, there is also a KO of MP08x up for sale on some sites... so what does that tell you?

Edited by Gakken85

I don't see how this is a conspiracy theory. It seems to make too much sense haha. I mean.. it's a little beyond coincidence that the official release and the KO are using the exact shade of plastic on a release that comes out at the same time.

But I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice, but it's odd more people aren't pissed about it, especially if you bought the Hasbro re-issue. You basically bought a KO.

I'd feel duped.

Selling off extras is also pretty shady.

I mean if Nike had some defective and inferior shoes and still charged 120 bucks for them, wouldn't you want to know? And then they replaced the soles on the "official" shoe and solid it for more?

Btw, there is also a KO of MP08x up for sale on some sites... so what does that tell you?

That Chinese factories a shady as frakk and that you have an obsession with bashing Hasbro.

At this point, is it actually a knockoff? I mean, it's not someone cloning the original toy, it IS the original toy. It's a "fell off the truck" special more than a knockoff.

It's not the original toy, unfortunately. Not the same materials and fit.

And is it a KO, or is it the original if they are the same and one is a KO? haha. Idk.

That Chinese factories a shady as frakk and that you have an obsession with bashing Hasbro.

So obsession = pointing out the obvious. It's not like I'm pulling things out of my ass here. I thought part of the reason people collect toys is to catalog the differences, re-issues, and history of a line. We could ignore it... and buy inferior products and pretend they aren't I guess.

Edited by Gakken85

The thing that seems silly is the implication that Hasbro is benefiting from a practice that in all likelihood is very detrimental to their business. The notion that they could be increasing profit by losing market share is... bizarre. If they thought there was a market for lower priced toys they would make lower priced toys (and do). So yeah, the factories might be making the same toy and delivering some to Hasbro and pushing some out the backdoor.