The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Guest davidwhangchoi

forget takara mp-03 or mp-11

the most accurate representation of any fighter to real life is made by Hasegawa.

look at their vf-1 it's so accurate to the one in real life.

forget takara mp-03 or mp-11

the most accurate representation of any fighter to real life is made by Hasegawa.

look at their vf-1 it's so accurate to the one in real life.

Absolutely! I'm still waiting for the 1:1 scale kit.

New stuff :D

Can confirm the difference in the original MP08x is that it says 25th anni, and this one says 30th.

Grabbed an upgrade kit for Prowl/Streak. I think he's a bit naked without some silver.

Got a G2 Lambor strictly for Alt mode :D

D8t7hl2.jpg

Edited by Gakken85

New stuff :D

Can confirm the difference in the original MP08x is that it says 25th anni, and this one says 30th.

Grabbed an upgrade kit for Prowl/Streak. I think he's a bit naked without some silver.

Got a G2 Lambor strictly for Alt mode :D

*snip*

Open it! Did you order the version with the throne?

Hell no.

That thing looked cheap and I don't have room for it. The last thing I want is a big plastic throne to take up space or an extra box to store.

From the pictures I saw the autobot logo was off center too.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Hell no.

That thing looked cheap and I don't have room for it. The last thing I want is a big plastic throne to take up space or an extra box to store.

From the pictures I saw the autobot logo was off center too.

gakken i like that launchers you brought for streak and prowl.

Thanks buddy. Its a nice set

I thought Prowl was pretty naked without some launchers. The official ones are too expensive in terms of value. You can spend $30 bucks on the amazon officials easy. This set has 4 sets and a lot more options.

You get 4 sets of launchers and 2 headsets for 30 bucks. I wanted to get the Gatlin guns from Dr Wu but they didn't have the base in stock anywhere for prowl.

But basically 2 black and silver, 1 all white, and 1 red and silver. The other black set looks like the red set below, but I prefer the stunted version.

Planning a full review of MP08x too. Found some interesting things on the re-release.

J1syVI3.jpg

Edited by Gakken85

I'm going to keep the red set on Silverstreak. I might actually transform him for that. haha.

Might put the other black pair on Bluestreak.

The white pair is cool for G1 accuracy but I'm not that keen on them.

Edited by Gakken85

Yeah, they should give you two for that size and price. haha

Downside, or upside depending on who you ask, if it doesn't sell well, is it might give hasbro colder feet on their next import.

Edited by Gakken85

Guest davidwhangchoi

I dunno. Amazon doesn't have brick & mortar stores. A chance of finding an item in the wild, however slim, is still an extra option when it's sold out online. Also, Amazon is a safe harbor for scalpers. Eff scalpers.

actually you're right. that would be a bad idea...

Scalpers go to TRU too. Only difference is some stock gets stuck in regions where nobody gives a crap and doesn't buy them.

At least if it all went to amazon there would be an accurate picture of how many units there were.

I'm all up for amazon , I can't seem to get anything nice from toysrus . Also amazon can limit your purchase per account too for certain items and can also put a date restriction on when you can resell that same item back on Amazon .

Yeah, they should have skipped Sunstorm and released all three of the Fairlady Z toys at the same time at no more than $49.99 a pop. That's my 2 cents at least.

AGREE

And I love the Amazon idea for Masterpiece releases, it's so much easier to purchase from them then going to a brick and mortar or trying to use TRU's website.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i finally opened up two masterpiece yesterday. soundwave tru and takara lambor (sideswipe) pretty cool stuff. i hada visitor from L.A. and he needed to crash over. he saw my boxes of stuff and i told him to go open some stuff and he picked out those two.

i guess i'm going to looking into collecting them all. mp-10 and beyond.

i finally opened up two masterpiece yesterday. soundwave tru and takara lambor (sideswipe) pretty cool stuff. i hada visitor from L.A. and he needed to crash over. he saw my boxes of stuff and i told him to go open some stuff and he picked out those two.

i guess i'm going to looking into collecting them all. mp-10 and beyond.

The only open Masterpiece in my collection is a Hasbro Hot Rod/Rodimus.

TRU Hasbro MP-03 Grimlock

TRU Hasbro MP-09 Rodimus *2 (1 open, 1 MISB)

TRU Hasbro MP-10 Prime

TRU Hasbro MP-10 YOTH

Takara MP-17 *2

Takara MP-18 *2

Takara MP-19 *2

I love Soundwave and Lambor :D

I have neither... :p

-b.

I would love to see an in-MP10-scale Hot Rod without MP-09's Rodimus gimmick.

And I agree that releasing Sunstorm was a mistake. Hasbro would have done better to hold off on Sunstorm and release Starscream or Skywarp instead. Releasing Sunstorm could have waited until next year AND it should have been a direct import of the Takara version without messing with the paint apps.

Guest davidwhangchoi

The only open Masterpiece in my collection is a Hasbro Hot Rod/Rodimus.

TRU Hasbro MP-03 Grimlock

TRU Hasbro MP-09 Rodimus *2 (1 open, 1 MISB)

TRU Hasbro MP-10 Prime

TRU Hasbro MP-10 YOTH

Takara MP-17 *2

Takara MP-18 *2

Takara MP-19 *2

I have neither... :p

-b.

damn that's a sealed collection... i like i like. i didn't plan on keeping them sealed but had so many other stuff i didn't get a chance to takea look at them. but since i had a guest, it was a great opportunity to check them out while fellowshipping. i'm prob going to try and get those launchers gakken got for prowl if they're still around.

man you got two of the cars and rodimus are you going to get another mp-10 if it comes out. i'm thinking of getting two...

If anyone has a version 2 Takara Hot Rod masterpiece that they don't really feel that attached to but might want to trade it or sell it, let me know. I have a version 1 and would like to have both so I could compare them first hand.

I did take my Fairlady Z toys out of their boxes and have been enjoying handling them more than I expected. A lot of the picture on the webs had me expecting these toys would be fairly stiff but I've been pleasantly surprised by the articulation.

damn that's a sealed collection... i like i like. i didn't plan on keeping them sealed but had so many other stuff i didn't get a chance to takea look at them. but since i had a guest, it was a great opportunity to check them out while fellowshipping. i'm prob going to try and get those launchers gakken got for prowl if they're still around.

man you got two of the cars and rodimus are you going to get another mp-10 if it comes out. i'm thinking of getting two...

Thank you!

If Takara or Hasbro re-release a "regular" MP-10 you're darn straight I'm going to get one or two. I wasn't inclined to pay the asking prices for the Eva or Bape since I'm not that big a fan of either design, and I'd like to open one up for display next to Hot Rod. B))

-b.