The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Got the full review and gallery for FlameToys' Kuro Kara Kuri 02 Tarn up on site. http://kumastyledesigns.com/flame-toys-tarn-review/

title-facebook-flametoys-tarn.png

The article breaks this thing down but overall it's an extremely solid and articulated piece that shows very quickly in-hand why the price is so high. Here are a few shots from the 20-picture gallery:

3-250.png

14-146.png

16-119.png

18-92.png

2-271.png

It's enough when you can put one 1/60 VF-1 next to a MP Seeker, but matching all three color for color is just showing off! :lol: Cool pic. They scale pretty closely, which is a little ironic to me, as the VF-1 was inspired by the F-14, which is larger than the F-15, and yet the VF-1 is quite a bit smaller by comparison. I'm guessing the VF-0 is much closer in size to the F-15.

1 hour ago, tekering said:

6D64D10B-D1B2-49E4-9AB5-2B6F4129EBD6.thumb.jpeg.cb68b858109cf559f9443ab15be01a4d.jpeg

That is awesome Tekering! I don't have the Stealth VF-1 but I appreciate it besides Skywarp. ;) 

41 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

It's enough when you can put one 1/60 VF-1 next to a MP Seeker, but matching all three color for color is just showing off! :lol: Cool pic. They scale pretty closely, which is a little ironic to me, as the VF-1 was inspired by the F-14, which is larger than the F-15, and yet the VF-1 is quite a bit smaller by comparison. I'm guessing the VF-0 is much closer in size to the F-15.

VF-0 is just point meters shy away from a F-14. ;)

9b68af6fe94e276d.thumb.gif.73de03f157ebce1a364d9f04c27faa73.gif

10 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

It's enough when you can put one 1/60 VF-1 next to a MP Seeker, but matching all three color for color is just showing off! :lol: 

Well, I could've used MP-7 for a much closer color match, but I couldn't be bothered transforming it.  :p

8 hours ago, Mechapilot77 said:

taht thundercracker is igear lightning isn't it?

Yeah, the one on the right.  Well-spotted.  :good:

MP_thundercrackers.thumb.jpg.6ef9c54691bbdce8405d152217735390.jpg

Okay, now I'm showing off.  ;)

On 11/14/2018 at 9:06 PM, tekering said:

Well, I could've used MP-7 for a much closer color match, but I couldn't be bothered transforming it.  :p

Yeah, the one on the right.  Well-spotted.  :good:

MP_thundercrackers.thumb.jpg.6ef9c54691bbdce8405d152217735390.jpg

i too have too many thundercrackers...my mp-11 mold is a usa hasbro version that was repainted before takara's hasbro asia arm made an official one, but yeah lightning and mp-7 still reside in my closets.  i'm not sure what igear was thinking with the grey thights though as their prototyps were colored correctly.  I was even thinking if i should get the maketoys one.  then i look at this picture and can't help but think the mp-7's color and deco is so majestic.  **sigh**  then again we buy countless vf-1s that are essentially repaints wiht different heads so i guess its all good. haha

On 11/14/2018 at 9:06 PM, tekering said:

10 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

i too have too many thundercrackers

Either of you have Maketoys Lightning?  I have all three Maketoys Seekers.  My only official ones were based on MP-03, but I don't think too much was improved between 3 and 11, and the Maketoys Seekers are miles better, IMHO.

10 hours ago, Mechapilot77 said:

i too have too many thundercrackers...my mp-11 mold is a usa hasbro version that was repainted before takara's hasbro asia arm made an official one, but yeah lightning and mp-7 still reside in my closets.  i'm not sure what igear was thinking with the grey thights though as their prototyps were colored correctly.  I was even thinking if i should get the maketoys one.  then i look at this picture and can't help but think the mp-7's color and deco is so majestic.  **sigh**  then again we buy countless vf-1s that are essentially repaints wiht different heads so i guess its all good. haha

CG-04 man---MP-11 mold with MP-07 deco...

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/11/27/rumor-possible-price-and-release-date-of-masterpiece-mp-44-convoy-optimus-prime-version-3-377446

The rumor mill for price and release date for MP-44 Convoy (MP OP V3) appeared on the TF boards.  August release at 50000 yen (abt $440 USD). Just rumor at this point, but thought I'd share it anyway.  

9 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/11/27/rumor-possible-price-and-release-date-of-masterpiece-mp-44-convoy-optimus-prime-version-3-377446

The rumor mill for price and release date for MP-44 Convoy (MP OP V3) appeared on the TF boards.  August release at 50000 yen (abt $440 USD). Just rumor at this point, but thought I'd share it anyway.  

Most likely Singapore Dollars. To price it at 50,000 yen would be to BEG third-party companies to knock them off with a better product at half the price.

3 hours ago, captain america said:

Most likely Singapore Dollars. To price it at 50,000 yen would be to BEG third-party companies to knock them off with a better product at half the price.

50,000 Singapore Dollars is something like $36,000 USD.  The $440 you get converting from Japanese yen is outrageous, but not new car outrageous.

And to be quite frank, I think the SRP for MP-36 was already begging for improved KOs at half the price.  Which is exactly what happened.

Ok, ok... dug into this a little, and despite all the wailing and gnashing of teeth, if you go back to the source it's a screenshot from what appears to be an order system.  And the order system clearly as 2 in the box for quantity.  That suggests that MP-44 isn't going to cost us 50000 yen, it's going to cost retailers 50000 yen per case, and a case will have two figures.  So each MP-44 would actually cost  25000 yen, or closer to $220.  Add it retailer markup, taxes, shipping, and whatever and you're probably between $250-$300, which is about what I'd expect.

That sounds about right. If v3 Prime is priced between MP-36 and MP-43, then I would be okay with that. To be honest, the third party iterations have not won me over for various reasons, so I am hoping that Takara hits it out of the ballpark in the quality department and that I can pick this guy up at a discount somewhere.

Of course, I'm not against an improved KO if Takara drops the ball like they did with the paint on MP-36 Megatron. I wouldn't mind a v3 Prime KO in the same vein as Impossible Transformation, for instance. Something like the old MP-10 KOs, however, I'll skip. I was unlucky with those and always got flimsy figures. 

On 11/27/2018 at 12:43 PM, captain america said:

...did you even read the article? The source of the price is the Hong Kong-based store Action Robo, who quoted a price of 50000 Japanese yen, which is indeed equivalent to ~440 U.S. dollars.

Edited by SMS007

At this time, the price is still a rumor, albeit a realistic one considering two per retailer package. Given the recent pricing trend on larger MP figures, $225ish USD is common and not unexpected. I'll likely not get it, as I'm not a fan of the shellforming aspect, although I'll hold final judgement until I see a review or two. I'm a fan of Takara's engineering, in most cases, so I'm definitely curious to see the transformation, articulation, and other engineering cues brought to bear. Even if I end up going with an unlicensed Prime, I may, for the first time, consider a KO of this figure if the engineering is on point.

Changing topics, I'm curious if anyone has seen the Seige figures at retail, as I believe yesterday was the street date. I was at the nearby Wally yesterday morning, and not a single Seige toy to be seen- just some wave 4 PotP deluxes and legends class figs. Gonna have to check Target; they seem to keep TF figures better stocked than anyone in my area.

5 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

Changing topics, I'm curious if anyone has seen the Seige figures at retail, as I believe yesterday was the street date. I was at the nearby Wally yesterday morning, and not a single Seige toy to be seen- just some wave 4 PotP deluxes and legends class figs. Gonna have to check Target; they seem to keep TF figures better stocked than anyone in my area.

I went to Target with my daughter today.  They have some of that Cyberverse stuff, a PotP Elita-1, and a handful of Studio Series Crowbars.  That's it.  It's a shame, too.  I don't think I'll be getting into Siege too much, but I did want to check out that Optimus and Megatron at least.

Concerning Seige, I'm looking for Sideswipe, Hound, Ironhide, Skytread, and perhaps Soundwave, just b/c he has little Cybertronian cassettes. His space barge mode does nothing for me, though. As for Prime and Megs, the bot modes are great for both, and Megs' tank mode is decent, save for the obvious robot feet hanging off the back, but Prime's Cybertronian truck mode leaves somewhat to be desired. I'm pretty sure the line will switch to Earth modes at some point, and hopefully they can pull off as good if not a better looking Prime when they do.

I'd be all over those minibots (the vehicle ones) if they had better articulation (how hard would it have been to give them all little ball jointed elbows?), as I've always liked minibots (got a ton of them stashed away somewhere around here from years ago). Anyway, few of the Cybertronian modes appeal to me in this wave, although I think they're knocking the G1 bot modes out of the park, so I'm content to wait for Earth alt versions, cherrypicking the ones that appeal from this line.  I do, however, wish they'd produced a nice streamlined tetrajet seeker mold, as that would have been a nice addition to the collection. Alas, it's the typical bot with a plane on its back. A great opportunity to give us a unique figure with a cool complex transformation squandered. :(

Wow, seemingly confirmed 50,000 yen per figure for Optimus V3, not per case. Spectacularly, absurdly, easy pass. Holy crap. I wasn't interested anyway before, MP-10 is still perfectly fine and the V3 looks pretty damn goofy IMO, but this clenches it absolutely. Honestly, as far as G1 goes? I'm good. Thanks to various third party I've got the complete season 1 Cons and Autobots and that's all I originally set out to collect, most characters beyond season 1 do very little for me and the movie characters like Arcee and Magnus do nothing for me. I'll just keep my eyes peeled for the next extremely expensive MP Beast Wars announcement I guess .

image.png.49c19446a2689c275e8ecbb615c6e9b3.png