The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Well I'll be dipped in flour and southern fried; that's one of the best looking jetformers HasTak have ever made. The shoulder connections look like they're out of whack; hopefully that's just a mis-transformation. This is quite reminiscent of Macross designs; I wonder if they called Kawamori for a favor. already got my PO. :good:

Shout out to @Mikeszekely for pointing me in the direction of Amazon to score Earthrise Prime. He came today, and what a nice figure.  I didn't get the Siege version, as I didn't care for the weird Cybertronaian alt mode they gave him, and I had faith that Earth alt modes were coming eventually. I had a bit of flash under one of the windshield panels that I had to trim a little, but now both sides are virtually seamless. I wish Hasbro would move back to rubber tires; those plastic things don't roll for crap. I tried sandwiching the gun part way down between his legs in truck mode, rather than pegging it in per the instructions, and it fits snugly while also allowing he trailer a full arc from stack to stack. I'll never understand why they put the trailer connection so close to the cab when you have all that leg back there. Anyway, Nonnef's kit arrived today, so I'll be installing that, and the little connector will help with the spacing.  The trailer is really small, almost comically so, but I'm just happy that they included it at all.

Enough typing- gotta go do some fixin'. ^_^

4 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

Shout out to @Mikeszekely for pointing me in the direction of Amazon to score Earthrise Prime. He came today, and what a nice figure. 

Did you by chance happen to order Alternate Universe Prime, too?  Mine's supposed to come Friday, and for awhile I was thinking if you preordered that you might have gotten it before the regular version.

5 hours ago, JB0 said:

In before someone gets rid of the dirt and repaints the head for a Leader-1 custom.

All you did is make me sad that Action Toys never released a Jet Robo DX with Hanna-Barbera parts like they did for Bike Robo. :(

I swear, if I ever win the lottery I'm hiring designers and contracting Chinese factories and starting my own 3P company.  And after I make an MP-style figure of this Optimus-

9326590541_02b90b1066_b.jpg.26d11be24790e299bf14c68a38aab2b5.jpg

-I'd make MP-style figures for at least the main six Gobots.

9 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

Did you by chance happen to order Alternate Universe Prime, too?  Mine's supposed to come Friday, and for awhile I was thinking if you preordered that you might have gotten it before the regular version.

Nope. Honestly, I don't even know what that is.

9 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

All you did is make me sad that Action Toys never released a Jet Robo DX with Hanna-Barbera parts like they did for Bike Robo. :(

I swear, if I ever win the lottery I'm hiring designers and contracting Chinese factories and starting my own 3P company.  And after I make an MP-style figure of this Optimus-

9326590541_02b90b1066_b.jpg.26d11be24790e299bf14c68a38aab2b5.jpg

-I'd make MP-style figures for at least the main six Gobots.

I didn't bite for DX Bike Robo, but I'd have been down for a DX Eagle. The Machine Robo jets were always better designed than the Transformers, and they were all based on real world aircraft. I so badly wanted  Harrier Robo (Royal-T), but it seems like Action Toys are done with the line. Shame we never got Supercar (Turbo) or Blue Jet (Fitor), as they had protos of those guys from the beginning.

Mike, you and I have the same idea if we win the lottery, although I'd split my factory between doing much sought after TF characters, and maybe a custom or two, as well as making a lot of the parts that LEGO can't or won't, and they are legion. 

That's 0630 here. I usually get up around that time anyway, but I'll have to remember to check out Pulse. Thanks for the heads-up, Mike. And yeah, hopefully the '86 SS figs will be revealed, and hopefully they're as good as we hope they'll be.

Surprisingly Mavericks F-14 mode doesn’t look all that bad for a Transformer. The canopy is way off for an F-14 but a little repaint can help that a little. I suspect the the trench in between the engines will have the arms stowed there like the VF-1. This is inaccurate for an F-14. A shame the didn’t use the 4 Phoenix missiles on there pallets to be the arms. Would have been a clever work around. Overall better than I was expecting, but it definitely needs a repaint. 

Chris

For a Hasbro release, it's revolutionary, certainly better than the usual obvious robot under a partial jet fuselage that they have been peddling as a standard for decades. This has tones of a Kawamori design, definitely taking strong cues from the VF-1.  I wish the shoulders sat higher, but it is what it is; I can accept it. The grey could be a bit darker and more opaque, and the weathering done much better, but I'm trying to focus on the positive, and in my eyes, this is a design aesthetic I would like to see more often in Transformer jets. I'll echo the desire to see a Skystriker repaint. 

@Mikeszekely- I looked up Alternate Universe Prime out of curiosity; I didn't realize that was black redeco of Earthrise Prime. Funny they didn't call him Nemesis Prime, but yeah, I get it's a reference to the death scene. I was aware of the toy, but not the name they gave it, hence my confusion.  If I didn't already have Perfect Effect's black redeco  (and slight remold) of their Jinrai, I'd likely get the Earthrise redeco, as I have yet to own a Nemesis Prime.

Expected to be announced during the Fan First event tomorrow, Hasbro Pulse will have an exclusive "Pit of Judgement".  The set will include a cardboard backdrop, a slight recolor of the Voyager Quintesson, a Quintesson Bailiff that's a recolor an retooled Alicon, a Sharkticon (a repaint of Legends-class Gnaw), a non-transforming Quintesson Prosecutor, and a non-Transforming Kranix.  The set will be $69.99.

1012329481_PossibleExclusiveEarthriseQuintessonsSet__scaled_600.jpg.f16aafee007ab99434baf5ceca9ce1ae.jpg

Also, there's an image going around.  It's low res, the source is dubious, and I'd take this with a grain of salt.  Personally I think it's fake.  But if it turns out to be real the third part of the War for Cybertron Trilogy will be Kingdom, and it's going hard after Beast Wars.  Like I said, though, I think it's fake.

2050199175_PossibleTransformersWFCSeason3PosterMayReavelBeastWars__scaled_600.jpg.6495849a5065078502d19c3bcddd153a.jpg

Oh, for the love of Primus! They have way too many bots yet to do from G1, and possibly even G2, to segue into Beast Wars. <_< Gotta admit, I like that poster art, though. But no! Finish G1, then do whatever. 

Concerning the Quintesson Pit of Judgement , it's a cool idea. I'm not really all that plussed for it, but YMMV. At first I thought that was a plastic backdrop- that would be pretty cool. The scale looks really wonky to me between the figs, but it may just be due to the smallness of the backdrop. You could almost fit Hot Rod or Kup in the pool with the Sharkticon, one at a time, though. This is the shallow end.:p

Hopefully the next wave of Earthrise will be shown tomorrow. Fingers crossed for a tape deck Soundwave.

I'm planning on preordering the Pit. I like repaint for troop building (says the guy with 8 copies of the Siege Seeker mold, four Siege Datsuns, and going on five Refraktors). If I get one I'll keep my order for the regular Alicon, but I might cancel my order for the regular Quintesson judge.

Netflix is confirming the Kingdom thing...

War-For-Cybertron-Kingdom-16-1278x665.jpg.0801935c14e161184668ffac4e18b4bb.jpg

I know there are plenty of Beast Wars fans and I'm sure they're all super excited... but it looks like I'm done with CHUG again after Earthrise.  Well, unless Hasbro does yet another trilogy when War for Cybertron is done.  The shows were great, but if HasTak goes for a Unicron Trilogy... trilogy I'm sure I'd pick up a handful of figures.  But I'm just not down for Beast Wars.  Nothing against the show (it's actually quite good!), but I don't do robots that turn into organic animals.

EDIT: John Warden, the Design Warden for the Transformers lines at Hasbro since 2014, is moving on to their Global Head of Design for the Power Rangers and Ghostbusters brands.  I looked at some of the toys he worked on... it's basically the Prime Wars Trilogy, Age of Extinction, and The Last Knight.  He's been active with the community; I remember him giving an interview on Pulse about the design for Siege Omega, but I'm not clear how much involvement he's actually had on War For Cybertron.

Edited by mikeszekely

Bittersweet news: I like BW, and I don't mind their making BW in Generations scale, but I'd much rather they continued Earthrise until they've completed all the G1 characters before moving on to another branch of Transformers lore. I suspect there are going to be more folks upset than happy about this.<_< Given how the fandom, for the most part, has embraced this line, it seems a rather obtuse move by Hasbro. If I was their marketing guy, I'd tell them to milk the G1 teet until naught but dust emerged.

2 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

If I was their marketing guy, I'd tell them to milk the G1 teet until naught but dust emerged.

I think, if Hasbro is into trilogies, I'd have done the G1 Trilogy... Season 1, Season 2, and Season 3.  Then the next trilogy could be the Japanese Trilogy; Headmasters, Masterforce, and Victory (maybe toss a little Zone and Battlestars in with Victory).  Then Beast Trilogy (Beast Wars, Transmetals, Beast Machines).  Then a G2>RiD>Machine Wars Trilogy.  Then a Unicron Trilogy.  Then see where the fandom is at after that.

There's definitely a part of me that would love to see Hasbro just keep making better and better G1 toys forever, but lets consider what G1 characters still need to be done in War For Cybertron, assuming that they're focused on the cartoon (and unofficially wrapping up Titans Return).  Bee, but we know he's inevitable.  Jazz and the Dinobots, but they're rumored to be in the Studio Series.  Inferno, but I'm sure we'll see a retool of Grapple sooner or later.  Same goes for Runabout.  The combiner teams, but I doubt we'll see them again so soon after Combiner Wars and Power of the Primes.  Actually, a lot of season 2 and 3 characters that War For Cybertron haven't touched, including Perceptor, most of the minibots, and most of the Season 3 cast are covered if you count the Prime Wars stuff (and even then it seems like some of the Season 3 cast will be redone in either WFC or SS '86).  Between what we know is coming, what's rumored to be coming, and what's been released in either WFC or Prime Wars I think the biggest gaps are going to be Blaster, his tapes, Tracks, Skids (who was a super minor character in the cartoon), Huffer, Pipes, maybe a new Gears, and Sandstorm.  We've even gotten limited releases of Japanese-series stuff like Dai Atlas and Star Convoy.  Maybe G1 is pretty close to complete, especially if you're leaving out characters that never appeared in the cartoon.  And on the flip side, Beast Wars will be 25 in 2021.  Aside from being a major anniversary, that's three years longer than the gap between the start of G1 and the first wave of Classics back in 2006.  I do think that G1 is always going to be a bigger cash cow for the franchise, but maybe it is time to let the Beast Wars fans have their day in the sun.

The show hasn't even started, and there's leaks that Amazon will be carrying two exclusive two-packs.  One will have Earth-mode Prowl and Ironhide (Prowl is a retool of ER Smokescreen, Ironhide might be a retool of his Siege mold).  The other will be Dirge and Ramjet, both retools of ER Starscream.  Would be nice if they were more widespread releases, but at least the Amazon-exclusives haven't been too hard to get.  I think G2 Sideswipe is still available.

297949229_FirstLookatEarthriseRamjetDirgeandProwlIronhideSets__scaled_800.png.469bbb0e2588e704088458354e21a1b1.png

Edited by mikeszekely

1 minute ago, Scyla said:

What is a two pack of Coneheads good for...

Thrust was leaked awhile back, and might be headed for a regular retail release.  The real question is why does Hasbro keep releasing one character of a group and then making the rest a limited store-exclusive thing?

Anyway, if you're missing the show I'll be posting stuff here.

9:30 - Show started.  Nothing major so far.  They announced that Rotorstorm will be getting an IDW head, no just a repaint of Spinister's head.  They unveiled Maverick.  They brought up the new Siege show on Netflix and unveiled a t-shirt.

9:35 - A second wave of the Netflix collection.

Five new Deluxes. Elita-1 (remold of Arcee), Wheeljack, Red Alert, Impactor, and Bumblebee (remold of Cliffjumper, but he'll have a VW alt mode).  To save my time and sanity these are the new figures, Wheeljack, Red Alert, and Impactor are dirtier versions of the ones you we already got at retail.

Pulse-July-014.jpg.e022f3f67ac40d8934a84f38867e7314.jpg

Pulse-July-028.jpg.1d4dc280668a6ace8ccbdf5e9b07def2.jpg

Some mulitpacks (a Voyager with some battlemasters). Optimus is one, looks like the Earthrise mold without the trailer, with a gold version of Pteraxadon and a gold version of the one that turns into a ramp/shield.  The other one is Soundwave.  It's a remold of Siege, but it's an Earthrise figure with a tape deck mode.  He'll come with Ravage and Laserbeak.

Pulse-July-045.jpg.fd4f447ee4fa6feb7705ce196ec9f07b.jpg

One new Leader spoiler pack.  They're not saying who it is.  My money is on Doubledealer, though.

9:50- Three new Generations Selects figures, but they've been leaked.  Deluxe-class Exhaust, Greasepit, and Hubcap.  No pics here; they've been floating around for awhile.

9:55 - Autobot Alliance and Seeker Elite.  It's the Amazon-exclusives I mentioned.  Hmm.  I hope we get Earth-mode Bluestreak and Ratchet, too.

Pulse-July-090.jpg.54d721e13b7a21a3909c54b4522d70de.jpg

Pulse-July-089.jpg.3744a4b130d8e91fe3310d20cd3fdbbc.jpg

Pulse-July-082.jpg.308ff2e7f2fda6d24ace933dc33b876a.jpg

10:00 - The Quintesson Pit of Judgement that was leaked yesterday.  Hasbro Pulse-exclusive.  @sh9000 and I put up pics yesterday.  They're probably still on this page or the previous one.

Preorders will start at the various stores at 11:00 am EDT.

Edited by mikeszekely

11 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Walmart preorders are up.

link? I'm searching and getting nothing

Nevermind.  I got my preorders for Bee and Soundwave.  Forgot to add Elita; I'm not paying for shipping, I'll wait and see if she turns up in stores.

Got Hubcap and Exhaust at Pulse.  The Pit's not up yet.  And while Hasbro posted about Amazon having their sets on Facebook they didn't have a link, so...?

Edited by mikeszekely

Mark, the product guy in the livestream seemed, um, artificially giddy. ^_^ Had a good laugh when they did the voices for the Movie clip.  So, I'm glad to see Earthrise Bee, Ironhide, and Soundwave (tapedeck:good:) coming, as well as the inevitable coneheads. I thought they said awhile back that Bee was going to be his own mold apart from Cliffjumper, but he's not. He's a heavy remold, and I'm think the partsforming was utilized so they could slap different back ends on to them with no additional engineering. Ironhide, too, suffers the partsforming trend, but he does look good in both modes. I hope the van roof/shield can fold up and attach to his back. Prowl looks great- can't wait. The Datsun Bros design, by none other than a certain Kawamori, has always been my favorite from G1, so I'm happy to see it done well for Earthrise. I like the Siege mold, so getting two variations that are similar, but with enough tweaks to differentiate them, tickles my fancy. Much like the first wave of Netflix redecos, I've no interest in the second wave, either, except Bee and Soundwave.

I have no guesses for the unknown leader pack. I'd be through the moon if it was a gun Megatron, but we all know that ain't happening. 

I guess the exclusivity issues are going to continue as a regular part of doing business. I guess it's good for Hasbro from a financial POV, but on the collector side, it sucks.

I'm not worried about POing the Walmart exclusive figs, as my Walmart seems to have  good stock of the last wave right now, and they're warming the shelves. the Amazon stuff is what I'm worried about.

Edited by M'Kyuun