The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Nice review VF5SS, but you forgot to flip the front of the hood to cover the feet. ^_^

MP Tracks arrive to my door steps yesterday after sitting in custom for half a day. I must say, Tracks is pretty cool and the paint job is superb and they finally paint the inside sideview mirrow silver. Oh for those who are wondering about the "backpack", it does lock in place well. Both knee joints are a bit loose on my Tracks. I do have a few nitpick though.

1: Tracks head is out of scale and his eyes are way too small.

2: The gap on the hood is too large to be egnore and it doesn't lock in place in bot mode.

3: Why bother to include a human figure that is way too small and he can't even hold little Blaster.

post-7962-0-98080200-1447303059_thumb.jpg

post-7962-0-16578700-1447303103_thumb.jpg

post-7962-0-66482000-1447303118_thumb.jpg

Edited by Valkyrie2008

For David since I don't think he has this yet and I've stopped playing with BB8 long enough to free Trypticon from his shipping box.

Nice review VF5SS, but you forgot to flip the front of the hood to cover the feet. ^_^

MP Tracks arrive to my door steps yesterday after sitting in custom for half a day. I must say, Tracks is pretty cool and the paint job is superb and they finally paint the inside sideview mirrow silver. Oh for those who are wondering about the "backpack", it does lock in place well. Both knee joints are a bit loose on my Tracks. I do have a few nitpick though.

2: The gap on the hood is too large to be egnore and it does lock in place in bot mode.

3: Why bother to include a human figure that is way too small and he can't even hold little Blaster.

Tracks looks nice. Hope they do Hoist and Grapple too. I've always associated Tracks as part of that group in the G1 cartoon.

post-93-0-50929600-1447306273_thumb.jpeg

post-93-0-23070000-1447306289_thumb.jpeg

post-93-0-00432900-1447306320_thumb.jpg

2: The gap on the hood is too large to be egnore and it does lock in place in bot mode.

I would love to have an MP Trailbreaker. ^_^ My worries are not that the backpack doesn't lock into place but rather the gappiness of it. it looks hallow and should sit closer to the rest of the body. What I love about Tracks' transformation is the fact that the sides split up and form a nice back of the robot mode. :)

Thanks for the review, Veef. Hoping I'll get mine in a day or two, along with the Takara CW Ultra Magnus.

I'd also like to see them make Trailbreaker, and the eventual Hoist. Like Ironhide, a MP version will require a bit more engineering to streamline his bot mode so he doesn't look like he has a big pot belly. I always liked his character, though, so I do hope they make him eventually, along with the rest of the '84 line, including the Omnibots Camshaft, Overdrive, and Downshift.

Along with the full sized cars and Bumblebee, I hope the rest of smaller bots like Cliffjumper, Brawn, Gears, and Huffer also get the MP treatment. I know 3rd parties have put out their versions, but I'd like to have official versions of these guys, since many of them featured quite often in the cartoon. If they ever do make Brawn, I hope he comes with a section of wall with a cutout to reenact the scene on Cybertron where he says,"I'll get the door!" and runs right through the wall as he and a couple other Autobots are making their escape. I forget which episode that was, but that scene has always stayed with me, and still brings a smile thinking of it. :lol:

Got my Tracks and CW Ultra Magnus yesterday. Tracks has a nice satisfying transformation...the G1 toy was probably one of the simplest in that respect. Giving him an opening hood and simulated engine is a nice detail. The only issue I had with mine was trying to peg one of the arms in flying car mode. It just did not want to peg. The other went in just fine. I'll have to look at it again to see if there's some flash or other blockage. Anyway, being a bot guy, I shrugged it off for later and put him in his robot mode. The range of motion in the shoulders is impressive, due to a double hinge for transformation. While not one of my favorite characters from the cartoon, a transforming 80s Corvette is a tough thing to pass up, and overall Takara did a nice job. I do have to echo the 'too small eyes' sentiment, though. They just don't look right.

CW UM is awesome. I'm not a fan of UM's character per se, but after looking at pics and vids for this guy, the transforming mecha lover in me had to have him, and I've nary a regret. While the all-in-one transformation may bother those who prefer the 2 part UM, I'm more a fan of this (and MP UM's design) simply b/c of the engineering required to pull it off, and also b/c it echoes what was onscreen. I really wish they'd taken a similar approach to CW Motormaster, although for scale reasons and moldmilking, I understand why they didn't. But anyway, this is a really solid offering from Takara, and the paint apps on the Taka-Tomy version look really nice. My only two complaints would be lack of concealing storage for the guns in truck mode, and I wish the head was on a ball joint rather than the limited side to side hinge they employed. One very minor nitpick would be that the shin panels/loading ramps do not go flush to the ground due to the knee mold (necessitating Speed Racer Mach 5 type jumping mechanisms to get up on the ramps), and the forearms covering the hands also do not flush with the trailer bed, once again requiring the Mach 5 jumpers. Minor, but does kinda spoil the playability a little.

The only issue I had with mine was trying to peg one of the arms in flying car mode. It just did not want to peg. The other went in just fine. I'll have to look at it again to see if there's some flash or other blockage.

I had the same issue at first and I was trying to force it in. I even though of sanding it down, but then I realize it just needed to be align a little lower and it peg in just fine.

Tracks is probably my favorite of all, due to the fact that he’s a cool looking flying car. Back in the days, as a kid, always daydreaming how cool would it be to have a flying car, and to this day no different. The moment I heard Takara is making MP Tracks, I was shock. I mean, what are the chances of Tracks getting an MP treatment. I’d wish Takara would’ve included die-cast and rubber tires just like the G1 version. Even though tracks were the favorite of mine, back then I wasn’t able to own one, but I was able to snatch one on the reissue version. I still love that little blue Vett and I especially love the flame on the hood. I think the flame on Hot Rod’s hood derive from Tracks. And Hot Rod happened to be my second favorite.

So I received a big package from HLJ today and in it was the Transfromers Legends Slipstream which is a beautiful looking toy. But the design has so many issues that I don't know where to start. To begin with the toy is in dire need for some more locking tabs. Nothing lines up in either mode. For example the nosecone has two tabs that should secure the forward fuselage to the torso of the bot. But the mold is either warped or not cut correctly so the nosecone always sits on an angle because it can't lock in correctly. In alt mode everything is warped and gappy and doesn't want to stay in its place. Especially the lower legs won't stay in either attached in either mode. In alt-mode there are no tabs and in bot mode the shins won't stay tabbed in their corresponding slots.

Very weird toy.

On the plus side the paint-job is awesome. Face sculpt also awesome overall look in bot-mode super awesome.

Hopefully Windblade (the base character for the mold) will be a reoccurring bot in the Transformers media so we get more Slipstream toys out of it. Especially a voyager class toy would be great. The 2015/14 deluxe size class is just too small for the design with all the movable parts.

Sadly Windblades sword was not included. While I think that the two included Nullrays fit Slipstream much better I love especially the sheath that came with the sword and would like to have it.

[edit:] Btw. Q-Transformers are awesome. Buy some of them if you can. ^_^

Edited by Scyla

So I received a big package from HLJ today and in it was the Transfromers Legends Slipstream which is a beautiful looking toy. But the design has so many issues that I don't know where to start. To begin with the toy is in dire need for some more locking tabs. Nothing lines up in either mode. For example the nosecone has two tabs that should secure the forward fuselage to the torso of the bot. But the mold is either warped or not cut correctly so the nosecone always sits on an angle because it can't lock in correctly. In alt mode everything is warped and gappy and doesn't want to stay in its place. Especially the lower legs won't stay in either attached in either mode. In alt-mode there are no tabs and in bot mode the shins won't stay tabbed in their corresponding slots.

Very weird toy.

On the plus side the paint-job is awesome. Face sculpt also awesome overall look in bot-mode super awesome.

Hopefully Windblade (the base character for the mold) will be a reoccurring bot in the Transformers media so we get more Slipstream toys out of it. Especially a voyager class toy would be great. The 2015/14 deluxe size class is just too small for the design with all the movable parts.

Sadly Windblades sword was not included. While I think that the two included Nullrays fit Slipstream much better I love especially the sheath that came with the sword and would like to have it.

[edit:] Btw. Q-Transformers are awesome. Buy some of them if you can. ^_^

Windblade is a mixed bag: it's extremely cool of Hasbro to solicit ideas from the fandom and produce a toy based on those inputs. It's similar in concept to LEGO's Cuusoo/Ideas. Aside from Windblade's odd Samurai styled head (why, for any reason, would a Cybertronian warrior have that?), the base fighter and bot modes showed promise. The toy, though, leaves somewhat to be desired. It's fidgety, the hip ball joints are pretty loose, the swing bars to which the shoulders mount don't lock into the chest very well, the head can barely turn due to the high 'Elvis' collars, the main gears jutting out the backs of her thighs look terrible, and for pete's sake, why the hell didn't they make the feet fold down in fighter mode, similar to Prime Arcee's? Seeing those feet jutting up just pisses me off (lazy design), so in bot mode she stays. But then, the sheath falls off if the gentlest of breezes caresses her frail form. I love the overall design-minus the Samurai head- but I think the toy could have been much better. I love Sarah Stone's Animated look she gives this character in the comics, and Iron Factory captured that look really well in their Legends sized Maiden. Adorable! My hope is that a better version will be released down the road, or that a third party will take a stab at making a better deluxe or voyager sized rendition that fixes a number of the current toy's flaws.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Any Canadians waiting for Trypticon to do a price drop it's now down to $133. That's less then $100usd.

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00UCTS9Q6/ref=sr_ph?ie=UTF8&qid=1447535783&sr=1&keywords=trypticon

i saw tryps go up last night on us amazon from tfw2005, but he's 163, no where near the under 100 deal you posted. (that was an insane deal)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UCTS9Q6?keywords=transformers%20platinum%20edition%20trypticon&qid=1447657562&ref_=sr_1_4&sr=8-4

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Neat reuse of that mold; they were even able to make a decent battle station mode. I love that cab mold, and it looks good in Prime's colors. I wish they could have streamlined the trailer better, but at least the weapons should be able to store inside, unlike UM.

In this instance, I wish the cab and armor were separate. I'd like to have that cab mold as a stand alone Prime toy, just upsized a little.

webbed/ribbed/hollow forearm and thighs...cant stand it. cover that crap up hastak. i'd rather you include one less accessory and use that money for another few pieces that would give us the traidtional "clamshell" type limb vs. open/webbed limbs. that kind of design killed leader jetfire for me. i can't believe it it even made its way over to mp wheeljack (granted it was very limitd in use thank god). please stop wtih that nonsense. k thnx

webbed/ribbed/hollow forearm and thighs...cant stand it. cover that crap up hastak. i'd rather you include one less accessory and use that money for another few pieces that would give us the traidtional "clamshell" type limb vs. open/webbed limbs. that kind of design killed leader jetfire for me. i can't believe it it even made its way over to mp wheeljack (granted it was very limitd in use thank god). please stop wtih that nonsense. k thnx

Unfortunately, this has become the way of things. With all their years of experience, yeah, it'd be nice if they designed around exposed ribbed hollow areas to cover them by one means or another.

I'm a little more forgiving on the low end Generations stuff, but this sort of thing should never be apparent on MP. It's bad enough they don't even give us rubber tires. <_<

Guest davidwhangchoi

Did the original Powermaster Prime have a base mode? I don't remember.

yeah, i had him as a kid.

he has a base mode

i wish the wheels didn't look so cheap on these. oh well, i'm sticking to mp's anyways.

Edited by davidwhangchoi