The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

I love both the Bapes, and I think the green one was the best repaint they've done. considering the YOTH was mass marketed and these Bapes are probably a 10th of the run (If that) that they did of it, it's certainly not causing any mold problems.

It sucks the red one is so rare though. No way I'd pay that much to own one considering the KO is just around the corner which should drive prices down like it did with the green one.

It's like every prime line. They always make super rare one offs for crazy collectors.

Edited by Gakken85

Guest davidwhangchoi

just messing around :) it does look good but never liked the camo in alt mode then magically turns silver in bot. i'm like... at least try to hide the fake transformation.

With red leggings, you mean. I'm not feelin' it either. The red torso with blue legs have become iconic to Prime, to the point that anytime I see any vertical object with red above and blue below, the association with Prime is instantaneous and subconcious. I guess it's cool that they're producing all these colorations for collectors, and milking a good mold in the process, but I'll take my MP-10 in the standard Optimus colors.

I'm surprised Takara haven't rolled out at least a resin test shot of their MP Optimus Primal at this point...there've been several large venues since the original announcement. I was curious to see what they came up with, and how accurate they could make the beast mode while hiding most of the bot parts. I'd be blown away if they actually used some kind of faux fur rather than just molded plastic...not sure how well that would hold up through the years. It's gimmicks like that that really boost collectibility and value over time, though.

Hoping Tracks will release on Saturday, as I've had the Takara CW Ultra Magnus sitting in Private Warehouse for over 40 days now, and I'm hoping to bundle them for shipping from HLJ.

With red leggings, you mean.

No, I meant it the way I said it, as I was actually being mildly sarcastic. Optimus Prime Char Custom is just so close to plain Optimus Prime default P1 colors that I have trouble accepting it AS a repaint.

It's like... yeah, it's TECHNICALLY different, but why bother?

That said... in my headcanon, it IS Optimus Prime Char Custom.

With red leggings, you mean. I'm not feelin' it either. The red torso with blue legs have become iconic to Prime, to the point that anytime I see any vertical object with red above and blue below, the association with Prime is instantaneous and subconcious. I guess it's cool that they're producing all these colorations for collectors, and milking a good mold in the process, but I'll take my MP-10 in the standard Optimus colors.

I'm surprised Takara haven't rolled out at least a resin test shot of their MP Optimus Primal at this point...there've been several large venues since the original announcement. I was curious to see what they came up with, and how accurate they could make the beast mode while hiding most of the bot parts. I'd be blown away if they actually used some kind of faux fur rather than just molded plastic...not sure how well that would hold up through the years. It's gimmicks like that that really boost collectibility and value over time, though.

Hoping Tracks will release on Saturday, as I've had the Takara CW Ultra Magnus sitting in Private Warehouse for over 40 days now, and I'm hoping to bundle them for shipping from HLJ.

i am selfishly (hoping) thinking the response to that (optimus primal) announcement is below their expectations and they have decided to cancel that and focus on real transformers from g1. lol

Guest davidwhangchoi

Has anyone seen that MP-10 is about $100 at NY? I'm really thinks my about picking it up lol

really? let me check that out

update: but shipping is 45 bucks sal or ems

Edited by davidwhangchoi

No, I meant it the way I said it, as I was actually being mildly sarcastic. Optimus Prime Char Custom is just so close to plain Optimus Prime default P1 colors that I have trouble accepting it AS a repaint.It's like... yeah, it's TECHNICALLY different, but why bother?That said... in my headcanon, it IS Optimus Prime Char Custom.

I really like the idea of a char custom Optimus! Hahaha! Just not willing to pay that much lol

really? let me check that out

update: but shipping is 45 bucks sal or ems

Thanks for saving me from temptation, David!

Guest davidwhangchoi

I really like the idea of a char custom Optimus! Hahaha! Just not willing to pay that much lol

Thanks for saving me from temptation, David!

good to see you posting regularly on the forums again!

Guest davidwhangchoi

I dunno. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's just something WRONG about Optimus Prime in red.

i was ROFL the other morning when i woke up and saw this. :D

Guest davidwhangchoi

Some how MP Ratchet looks a lot better than MP Ironhide, even with that side skirt it kidda blend in, maybe because it's the white color.

i'm excited they both have actual head and shoulders. it drove me nuts watching the cartoon as a kid and couldn't mimic the cartoon with my toys.

i almost broke megatron's barrel try to figure out how to get it vertical on his back in bot mode :p

megatron_8.jpg

i haven't payed attention to their panties too much.

good to see you posting regularly on the forums again!

Thanks, buddy! Work's been taking a lot of my time lately. Plus, I really appreciated that you shared that info! With the new delta valks and that 1/35 vf-1j coming, I hafta save some coin.. XD priorities!

No, I meant it the way I said it, as I was actually being mildly sarcastic. Optimus Prime Char Custom is just so close to plain Optimus Prime default P1 colors that I have trouble accepting it AS a repaint.

It's like... yeah, it's TECHNICALLY different, but why bother?

That said... in my headcanon, it IS Optimus Prime Char Custom.

Sorry for the misunderstanding; I absolutely didn't get the sarcasm as I've no idea what the Char Custom is.

Got my shipping notice this afternoon for CW UM and MP Tracks. I think I'm more excited for UM than Tracks...neat transformation, and aggressive looking truck mode.

As for MP ratchet, the white hip panels jump out at me more than Ironhide's red ones, and not in a pleasing way. I really wish they'd have found a way to incorporate them better so as not to be so conspicuous. Still, I'm just glad that this mold is pretty faithful to the G1 animated bot design...I had G1 Ratchet, and that thing was full of WTF. The Classics Ironhide/Ratchet mold was plastic origami that really affected the look of his alt mode- very seam-y. Moreover, the back window was his chest rather than the windshield; it was a compromise that worked, but just wasn't 'right'. So, I'm looking forward to adding MP Ironhide and Ratchet to the Crew.

Sorry for the misunderstanding; I absolutely didn't get the sarcasm as I've no idea what the Char Custom is.

Not a Gundam fan, then? Suffice to say that Char was an elite pilot who was known for (among other things) flying mecha that was similar to the what the grunts were using, but painted entirely in various shades of red.