The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Guest davidwhangchoi

That's the worst Prime mold. :p

i got tired of waiting... Just impulse brought encore fortress maximus. That'll hold me over till then😥😊 Edited by davidwhangchoi

You know, I'mma actually gripe about Shockwave briefly. I REALLY wish he was the darker purple of the toy instead of the more toon-accurate shade they're using.

On the other hand, it's a testament to how GOOD that original toy was that they're using almost-identical arms and shoulders thirty years later(I see one added hinge, making the shoulder two-axis instead of one-axis).

The legs, by contrast, are COMPLETELY different, but they were always the original robot's weak link.

You can wait for MP-29O, Shockwave Original Toy Color.

But I want Shockwave purple, not Astro Magnum gray. :p

Wait, does this mean TakaraTomy has a way to milk three distinctly different releases out of a one-character mold?

Edited by JB0

I like the current shade of purple. With that color I don't feel the need to replace my FT Quakewave. ^_^

[edit:] I don't know the US safety regulations that well but could you imagine that Hasbro will bring over MP Shockwave in toy accurate colors?

Edited by Scyla

Guest davidwhangchoi

I think MP-Shocky's might have the same purple as your beloved and not-found-yet Trypticon-reissue...

lol, i'm still waiting for him to drop on target or amazon... someday hopefully before mp shockwave releases

Guest davidwhangchoi

Did you ever see Starscream in the wild?

i checked late last sat on rt 17 and 4 in Paramus but no dice. i think RT 17 had them but i was traveling in MA for work when he released so was late to the game.

I like the current shade of purple. With that color I don't feel the need to replace my FT Quakewave. ^_^

[edit:] I don't know the US safety regulations that well but could you imagine that Hasbro will bring over MP Shockwave in toy accurate colors?

The problem with US toy gun laws is there's a mishmashed patchwork of state laws ranging from "when I was a kid we didn't have any problems" on to "the entire thing has to be flourescent orange so you can tell it's a toy from low Earth orbit".

I suspect Shockwave will not pass any US toy gun laws, especially not the stricter ones of California and New York. And with California and New York being huge markets...

Hmmm. Research indicates that "bright purple" is an allowed toy gun color, at least at the federal level. But Astro Magnum coloration DEFINITELY won't fly, and probably not original toy coloration.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Good news for you, David...

Trypticon is available for sale at Amazon.

thx for the heads up and link :)

that's a huge sign its dropping in North America United States and for a real good price too :wub:

Edited by davidwhangchoi

thx for the heads up and link :)

that's a huge sign its dropping in North America United States and for a real good price too :wub:

Glad to help. ;)

On other news, I caved and pre-ordered MP Hot Board Rod along with Shockwave. For some reason, I seem to be making so many impulse buys lately.

The proportions on the head are pretty weird..

Giant legs. Giant head.

Easy, easy pass for me haha. They are going to fly that mold into the sun I guess.

Yeah, it's an easy pass for me too. Walking away from the seeker mold wasn't hard, especially since I have another transforming fighter collection. ;) But I will say that this news is cool for those who are into it.

I'm honestly surprised it's taken them this long to DO a Ramjet. I mean, it's only minor work to get SIX characters out of the mold instead of three, so why NOT do it? How many repaints has Optimus had?

I think the seekers stands to obliterate MP-10 for repaints. Off the top of my head, Hasbro has brought MP-10 to retail twice in some form and Takara has issued four variations of MP-10. Did I miss any?

For the seekers, MP-11 has been released by Hasbro four times (now that ToysRUs has Starscream) and Takara has released MP-11 five times. One could argue that Acid Storm shouldn't be counted twice since Takara's release was exactly the same paint scheme as Hasbro's release. But now that Ramjet is announced, that opens another door for more paint schemes, driving this mold off into foreverland. :lol: