The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

If you ain't seen a chipped MP1 you haven't looked.

I gotta check on mine later, but can you show us this an example "chipped" damage?

Is it really even considered "damage" for a tank like MP-1?

Maybe this "chipping" damage is a big deal to other collectors who just display their toys untouched, instead of playing with a toy like MP-1.

Looking at my Prime pic, I now see some chipping and stuff at the shin. Possibly due to that gray-connector thingy or something. Some at the knee area, too.

oh, well... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My MP-1 is the battle-damaged Hasbro-edition deco, afterall...

:bump:

I like mp-10 and i think there's a lot of improvements made over mp-1 but something about mp-1 looks better to me. I think the profile or silhouette looks better than mp-10.

MP-1 is quite an excellent chunky...

DSC_3437_NEF.jpg

but I do like that MP-10 scales a bit better with my other figures.

DSC_4982_NEF.jpg

well, most of the time...

DSC_3583_NEF.jpg

:bump:

Edited by treatment

MP-01 was the greatest toy ever... until MP-10 came out with better aesthetics, better articulation, better transformation, and an alt-mode that actually looks like a truck and not a blocky robot folded up. My advice is to pass.

MP-01 has gimmicks and details that MP-10 didn't inherit. MP-10 is better, overall, but if you have the option and means to own both, get yourself an MP-01.

I like both of them alot, but for very different reasons (most of which were already discussed in the past couple pages). Did anyone mention the working pistons in MP-01's elbows, knees, and heels? That blew me away when I first got mine.

You can smash MP-1 and MP-10 together head on and see which one develops cracks and stuff afterwards ...

The one that breaks is obviously actually the rare MP Motormaster.

Also, MP-01 has a light to make the Matrix in his chest glow. If that isn't reason enough to prefer it, I don't know what is.

At least they're not trying to pass it off as Cliffjumper... although I could see Hasbro releasing another TRU-exclusive and calling it Cliffjumper if VW would ever let Transformers license their cars in the US.

Bumblejumper, isn't it?

No, Bumblejumper was the yellow Cliffjumper with a different head. He wound up a canonical character named Bumper. Not to be confused with Hubcap, a deliberate yellow repaint of Cliffjumper that would come later, or the yellow Cliffjumper that was actually Cliffjumper, just molded in yellow.

In terms of collecting Transformers, I've cut down now to collecting mostly just official MP's with only a few third party MP's. I've got MP Tracks in September and MP Road Rage in October. My main focus is now Macross Valkyries.

TF collecting has lost a bit of its luster of late. RiD doesn't interest me, nor do the majority of Combiners. I like CHUGs, but the production has either trickled to a halt, or stores in my area just aren't ordering stock. I seldom see any of the CW toys, except Silverbolt and some of the Legion/Legends class figs. I'll be glad when they've exhausted the Combiner theme and go back to being Generations. In the meantime, the only CW fig I'm looking forward to is Ultra Magnus. I have the Takara version preordered- it just looks better to me. The MP line rocks, however...

MP sales at TRU are a rare, sporadic,overpriced, and fleeting phenomenon, and I just buy all mine online. The MP line is also a slow trickle of releases. I guess that's good from a financial POV, but as a collector, I want all the G1 figs ASAP, or at least the reassurance of what figs are in the long term plan for production. It doesn't help when figs like Apollyon, Gun Dog, Spinout, etc are filling the gaps respectably. While we have Tracks, Road Rage, Ironhide, and eventually Ratchet, to look forward to, Beast Wars seems to be the focus for next year, as no other official G1 figs have been teased or announced(that I'm aware of). I love BW, but, given the choice, I'd rather have G1 figs in the MP line. That said, I must admit to being curious to see Optimus Primal given the MP treatment.

Usually BotCon and SDCC feature some big reveals for upcoming toys, but the offerings this year were mostly repaints and Devastator, who I sadly felt had too many compromises. I was hoping Has/Tak would release a Kickback fig to finish off their really well done recent Insecticon figs, but no. Most years there's usually at least one fig that has that 'wow' factor, but this year was underwhelming. Half the fun of collecting is that sense of anticipation for a new or long-awaited fig, but I didn't really get that at all for the remainder of the year. Hopefully there'll be some surprises at ToyFair in Feb. In the meantime, I look forward to getting MP Tracks & Bluestreak, and CW Ultra Magnus to curb my Transformer toy-lust.

TF collecting has lost a bit of its luster of late. RiD doesn't interest me, nor do the majority of Combiners. I like CHUGs, but the production has either trickled to a halt, or stores in my area just aren't ordering stock. I seldom see any of the CW toys, except Silverbolt and some of the Legion/Legends class figs. I'll be glad when they've exhausted the Combiner theme and go back to being Generations. In the meantime, the only CW fig I'm looking forward to is Ultra Magnus. I have the Takara version preordered- it just looks better to me. The MP line rocks, however...

MP sales at TRU are a rare, sporadic,overpriced, and fleeting phenomenon, and I just buy all mine online. The MP line is also a slow trickle of releases. I guess that's good from a financial POV, but as a collector, I want all the G1 figs ASAP, or at least the reassurance of what figs are in the long term plan for production. It doesn't help when figs like Apollyon, Gun Dog, Spinout, etc are filling the gaps respectably. While we have Tracks, Road Rage, Ironhide, and eventually Ratchet, to look forward to, Beast Wars seems to be the focus for next year, as no other official G1 figs have been teased or announced(that I'm aware of). I love BW, but, given the choice, I'd rather have G1 figs in the MP line. That said, I must admit to being curious to see Optimus Primal given the MP treatment.

Usually BotCon and SDCC feature some big reveals for upcoming toys, but the offerings this year were mostly repaints and Devastator, who I sadly felt had too many compromises. I was hoping Has/Tak would release a Kickback fig to finish off their really well done recent Insecticon figs, but no. Most years there's usually at least one fig that has that 'wow' factor, but this year was underwhelming. Half the fun of collecting is that sense of anticipation for a new or long-awaited fig, but I didn't really get that at all for the remainder of the year. Hopefully there'll be some surprises at ToyFair in Feb. In the meantime, I look forward to getting MP Tracks & Bluestreak, and CW Ultra Magnus to curb my Transformer toy-lust.

I agree with some things here. Thanks for reminding me too. I just remembered that I have MP blue Bluestreak in my pile of loot coming in most likely September.

Shogo Hasui-san has my everlasting gratitude for the MP Fairlady Z mold. I already have Prowl, Silverstreak, and Smokescreen, and considered myself done with that mold. Nope.

I don't know how many of you have Gabriel Bros stores (and of those of you that do, how many are still collecting CHUGs), but I was browsing while my in-laws shopped for shoes and found a whole bunch of fairly recent Generations figures at $7.99 for Deluxes and $9.99 for Voyagers. I picked up a Jhiaxus (whom I'd never actually seen at TRU or Target), but they also had Crosscut and Tankor in the Deluxes and Roadbuster, Skybite, Rhinox, and Whirl in the Voyagers. Sadly no Brainstorm, Windblade, or Arcee, at least not at my location.

No, Bumblejumper was the yellow Cliffjumper with a different head. He wound up a canonical character named Bumper. Not to be confused with Hubcap, a deliberate yellow repaint of Cliffjumper that would come later, or the yellow Cliffjumper that was actually Cliffjumper, just molded in yellow.

Actually Bumper wasn't a yellow Cliffjumper, he was an entirely different car mold along with the different head. Where Cliffjumper was a SD Porsche and Bumblebee was a SD Volkswagen Beetle, Bumper was a SD Mazda Familia. The package said Cliffjumper on it though.

Edited by eriku

I do. Do they require payment up front?

nope, just like their other pre-orders they wont really charge you until it's ready to ship. But they will do a pending charge to check if you have money on your CC, it'll go away in a couple of days.