The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Weird. The link is to the mobile site. If I go there, it shows up discounted but doesn't show any stores. If I go to the regular site, it tells me one of the two TRUs near me has it, but shows full price.

from tfw: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/345546-official-new-sales-deals-coupons-thread-964.html#post11879285

My local TRU didn't show local stock but I went in anyway and was able to find a prowl. It rang up for $70 but I showed them the website on my phone and they price matched it.

So if you have some free time check your TRU, you never know!

there you go.

Hmm. I'm a bit busy today, so maybe I'll check and see if the deal is still good tomorrow. The problem is deciding which TRU. My house is equidistant from two of them, but they're in opposite directions. So, it's a half hour drive to one, but if they don't have one and I want to check the other, it'll be an hour from one to the other.

Oddly, I checked the link again to see if the price was still good, and the "ship to home" option looked active now. I tried it, but the price goes back up to $70 at the checkout. Not cool, TRU.

I had an epiphany on the commute back home (I'm sure someone else came up with this long time ago). The Autobots choose cars for disguise because they want to blend in very well and to drive a car around is way less suspicious than flying a jet through a monitored air space. The Desepticons don't give a sh** about stealth and if they are discovered by people or not. They just like to demonstrate they power and might.

The comics have addressed that in a way. The idea is that each bot is born (or forged) as they are with whatever their alt mode is, be it truck, speedster, jet, microscope, etc. They can change their alt modes, but only to one within the same category. This explanation is from a couple years back (and I haven't read any recent books), so it may be different now.

Guest davidwhangchoi

The comics have addressed that in a way. The idea is that each bot is born (or forged) as they are with whatever their alt mode is, be it truck, speedster, jet, microscope, etc. They can change their alt modes, but only to one within the same category. This explanation is from a couple years back (and I haven't read any recent books), so it may be different now.

i thought it was bc starscream pulled megatron in front of teletran 1 too quickly. Megatron could've been a truck. lol

GIGANTIC ACTION SCORPONOK?

GIGANTIC ACTION SCORPONOK!!!

This is a strange toy. I don't get the appeal. It is probably the intersection of Jumbo Machinder and Transformers collectors. ^_^ Sadly no firing fist. :(

What?? I had no idea there was a Japanese Reprolabels site! Just a couple of days before, I just ordered a set of MP Wheeljack rally car markings for 1 cent, and have to pay for shipping from wherever.... when I could have gotten it straight from here and paid everything for under a dollar!!

EDIT -- I know it's not a big deal at all, it's just the timing as usual is perfect :p

Edited by Renato

I'm not sure if this was answered or not, but does anyone know why MP Bumblebee comes with 2 faces?

The face gimmick changes Bee's appearance. Out of the box, you get a happy face and a serious face. If you ordered from amazon.co.jp, then you also received the battle mask. I think there are also rumors about third party faces.

Edited by technoblue

Guest davidwhangchoi

everytime i hear genesis

i keep thinking this:

genesis megatron version should have a built in voice be saying "Genesis Does."

Edited by davidwhangchoi

They should make a megatron out of the nintendo light gun or something haha

That's a great idea. I don't think Nintendo wanted in on this. Too bad, because a light gun Megatron would've rocked.

Or the Sega Master System Zillion gun.

Edit:

With Soundwave as the Master System!!

Edited by RD Blade

Just picked up my MP BB last night. The forearms were switched around (left forearm on the right arm, right forearm on the left), but it was no big deal--it was secured by screws, so it was a simple matter of switching them back.

The holes where the side mirrors are supposed to fit into were a little problematic, though. Apparently, each hole also houses metal pins that act as a hinge to a panel on the hood. When properly installed, the pins are inserted deep into the hinge, leaving a 3mm space where the side mirrors are supposed to peg into. On mine, the one on the right didn't leave any space at all for the peg. I had to push the pin further in using thumb tacks and tiny screwdrivers.

That pasty white-painted face looks much better in person, though.

Overall, it's a nice representation of G1 Bumblebee.