The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

I really want another release of Grimlock more than the later releases anyway.

that would be so awesome.

BTW:

official images of whirl, he looks good

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generations-classics-44/sdcc-2013-generations-voyager-whirl-official-images-178043/

also OMG ARMADA STARSCREAM!

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generations-classics-44/sdcc-2013-generations-deluxe-class-official-images-178045/

a2bt6s.jpg

that would be so awesome.

BTW:

official images of whirl, he looks good

also OMG ARMADA STARSCREAM!

Yeah, Whirl's a huge must-buy for me, even if I wish he looked more IDW and less G1. MTMTE has made him a favorite.

Armada Starscream... doesn't really have a place on my Classics shelf, skipped out on Classics/Universe/Generations Hot Shot... but I think I do want this one.

And you forgot to mention Scoop... who, quite frankly, looks like a really good update on his original toy, and whom I have zero interest in anyway.

Armada Starscream seems kinda pointless to me. It's basically the one we already have. What's next, a new Energon Tidal Wave?

it's more pose-able than the existing Armada toy and doesn't have a massive plate jutting out of it's back. And I just like Armada Starscream and would like to own multiple versions of him.

BTW, am I the only one who's excited that they're bringing back 3mm clip point accessories on Whirl?

it's more pose-able than the existing Armada toy and doesn't have a massive plate jutting out of it's back. And I just like Armada Starscream and would like to own multiple versions of him.

BTW, am I the only one who's excited that they're bringing back 3mm clip point accessories on Whirl?

Ditto.

I missed out on the original Armada SS for the simple reason that I hadn't started collecting toys back then. This is a great opportunity to finally own the toy, and an improved version at that!

Armada Starscream seems kinda pointless to me. It's basically the one we already have. What's next, a new Energon Tidal Wave?

Basically the one we already have, except way improved.

Prediction: instead of repainting Armada Starscream a dozen times as other Seekers and calling it a day, they'll retool the intakes around his chest, give him a new head, and release it as Slipstream.

Edited by mikeszekely

Many have said similar things for Slipstream, but I just don't see it. It'd take a lot more than that to make Slipstream. (or at least, an acceptable one, to me)

I don't see it either. Frankly, a proper Slipstream would need to be designed from the ground up starting with robot mode to be Slipstream.

Windblade.

So gender swap kabuki Thrust... I don't know how I feel about that. :unsure:

TRU Soundwave is selling for $300 bucks on ebay. haha

WHY?!? that's more than just buying MP-13, 15 and 16 at Japanese retail.

Edited by anime52k8

LOL... telling me to get one and me going to buy one only to find it sold out doesn't make your advice very helpful! Oh well, next year I should be able to make more than one day of Comic-con so hopefully if there are any exclusives I have a better shot at them. I'm sure I'll manage to pick up a Soundwave elsewhere. All things considered, it was still a pretty successful day at the con.

From the way you posted it, it sounded like you wanted to know if you should get one first thing, since you didn't want to lug it around.

But if you only went for one day, yeah I heard the stock ran out fast.

I heard a lot of conflicting reports. Some were saying limits of 4. Others were saying limits of one per badge.

I also heard they gave out a bunch for retailers to re-sell, and then raffled off the rest.

Crazy scene.

Needless to say it's sold out everywhere and it's going to be a fun few weeks haha

Edited by Gakken85

I got my MP Soundwave at Comicon :-) so I'm good. Below is what I got on Saturday.

While waiting in line for Soundwave, the guys in front and in the back of me was all bragging that they got 4 Soundwaves already and they plan to put it on ebay :-(

bb8a5823-5625-4148-a2ff-25cf16e090eb.jpg

Crazy scene.

Needless to say it's sold out everywhere and it's going to be a fun few weeks haha

I got mine with absolute minimum effort and hassle. It should be here on Friday. ^_^

BTW, are there any differences at all between the Takara Soundwave and the Hasbro Soundwave besides the eyes?

While waiting in line for Soundwave, the guys in front and in the back of me was all bragging that they got 4 Soundwaves already and they plan to put it on ebay :-(

That's all money Hasbro could have made if supply were equal to demand. I'm no fan of scalpers, but it doesn't take a psychic to know Soundwave was gonna be scarce.

Edited by RD Blade

Hasbro also seems to have forgotten (or intentionally saved 1 cent) to paint the inner side of the foot. So it's bare light grey plastic there, not silvery. That's the back of the outer sides in tape recorder mode.

hmm... the foot itself is still die-cast and painted silver right? My Takara SW has some paint wear/defects on the foot and the vac chrome buttons on the crotch, I kind of want to cannibalize the ones off the Hasbro version.

DYEDbRK.jpg

That looks like crap.

I don't think that's G1 accurate! haha.

I was looking at my Takara, the back of his feet aren't painted and part of his upper thigh.

Maybe I'll keep my Takara! Can't decide haha

Edited by Gakken85