The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Does anyone have the link to the MP Soundwave on the TRU site? I tried the old link and it didn't work and I tried searching and it only finds WFC Soundwaves. Can someone confirm that the MP Soundwave is going to be on sale tonight at TRU site? what time will it go live? PST or EST? Thanks in advance.

Keep trying that link. Unless they re-vamped their site from when they did MP-10---if the product is available, the link works. If you can't order it---it won't show or find anything. They're not big on having the product show up but say unavailable. The link and search simply won't work a lot of the times if you can't order it at the moment.

Does anyone have the link to the MP Soundwave on the TRU site? I tried the old link and it didn't work and I tried searching and it only finds WFC Soundwaves. Can someone confirm that the MP Soundwave is going to be on sale tonight at TRU site? what time will it go live? PST or EST? Thanks in advance.

Link was taken down after they put up a bunch of stock on Ebay and sold it by error.

They cancelled those orders and yanked the website.

Their currently is no product listing for it on the Tru website.

Some people think it will come back up late tonight or early tomorrow morning, but nobody knows.

Some people are saying that TRU stores won't get the releases until next week due to SDCC and some confirmation that some distro centers have no stock as of today.

But nobody knows.

If you want one stay up all night and hawk the tru site and hope for the best.

Edited by Gakken85

Now this Whirl, I like! Feet might be problematic though...

On the one hand, that's a really G1 Whirl, right down to the yellow rotor...

On the other hand, and I never thought I'd hear myself say this, I'm a little disappointed that he's so G1. I was kind of hoping for a chicken-legged, IDW-esque Whirl. That "unvincible" psychopath is one of the more interesting characters in the IDW comics right now.

Well, it's 12:15am on the east coast, and TRU still isn't showing MP Soundwave. I've got work in the morning, so it's off to bed. I'll check again in the morning before I leave if I get a chance.

I'm thinking it may be closer to midnight west coast time. so 2 and a half more hours. I'm thinking it'll be easier to just get up around 9am tomorrow and call my local TRU and see if they have it.

Anybody know what's special about the toys being sold at Comic-con (Acid Rain and Soundwave)? Is it just the fact you bought it at Comic-con or is there actually going to be something that makes them different? I'd rather not have to tote them around Comic-con if I can just order them at TRU.com

People are saying a tru rep reported 8am

It's up on sibertron.com or whatever

It's Acid storm. Not acid rain. haha.

I don't think their is any difference, but I'd pick one up if you have the chance.

Edited by Gakken85

I'm thinking if I can actually snag a Soundwave, there's a good chance I'll just be taking the 4 tapes I don't have and selling Soundwave+Laserbeak on the cheap. Not sure yet, I'll wait 'till I have it in hand and get an in person look at it (if I ever get to the "in hand" stage).

Me too. Almost glad it's 1 per customer. F.U. scalpers!

Down side tho, no legitimate backups for anyone, unless they want to go through the trouble of different name and address etc.

At least we all get one.

there's always the takara version. :p

BTW:

Man that looks so good. I don't really have the room for it though and between the Soundwave and the VF-25F suddenly showing up on HLJ, I don't think I've got the budged for another $100+ toy.

Well.. I saw that canned response about 9 A.M. but I didn't take it very serious.

The support reps don't even write the canned responses, let alone decide when stock goes up for sale.

Funny thing was, I was planing to go to bed when it came up and only opened the TRU site to get the page set up so I wouldn't have to find it again in the morning when I woke up. I was expecting to get a generic item not found page but instead saw an available listing.

They have restocked on rodimus and optimus (only ones I cared to stalk) a few weeks after being sold out the first time, so my hunch says soundwave will restock after the initial wave is shipped. Hasbro would be f'ing stupid not to make more.

They didn't make more MP-10's, so they seem to have little desire to make money---even after bumping up MSRP 40% it still sold out. It may have been restocked a bit from distribution centers, but there was only the one production batch.

Yeah. Yet another BIG FAIL by TRU.

Tried online last nite and today. I got it as available, but cart keeps going to "0" whenever I tried to checkout. Then website updated to "Sold in Stores" only. sh*t! :angry:

Called the local store, and they don't have it. Called the TRU's 800# to check availability and they told me no store in my area has any stock of it at all. Both had told me to order it online instead. :blink: :blink: :blink:

Screw it. Screw TRU. Hope it shelfwarms and crap on both TRU-stores and lucky scalpers.

Guess it's a good thing I haven't canceled my amiami re-preorder of the Tak-version.

Anybody tried ordering from their ebay-page again, btw?

Edited by treatment