DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

The biggest misstep in bandai's releases is the super/Armour packs. There's no way to get these packs after they've had their exclusive releases. If you are not around when they are first releases, you're out of luck. The only way to get them is to pay aftermarket prices through second-hand dealers. 

On 1/13/2017 at 0:14 AM, Graham said:

_The VF-25 really needs a v.3 release with ratcheted joints and wing hard points.

I like the Idea but wallet says Hell no.

I pulled a spanner and have 3x of each variant, so that's like 18 VF-25's I'd need to sell and replace O_o

6 hours ago, Duymon said:

I like the Idea but wallet says Hell no.

I pulled a spanner and have 3x of each variant, so that's like 18 VF-25's I'd need to sell and replace O_o

span•ner
/'spaner/

noun   BRITISH 
      a wrench.

verb   MACROSSWORLD 
      an act in which one person buys multiples of a same transforming toy in order to display it in all forms.

^_^ 

Edited by no3Ljm

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

span•ner
/'spaner/

noun   BRITISH 
      a wrench.

verb   MACROSSWORLD 
      an act in which one person buys multiples of a same transforming toy in order to display it in all forms.

^_^ 

I think it needs to be added to the Macrosspedia in the Macross Mecha Manual:p

Buy armor/super parts now, valks later, if you're pressed for cash.   Valks get re-released, and used ones come up for sale regularly.  But the extra stuff?   You get one chance at them.  

I bought both the armor and super parts for my Alto, before I managed to get an Alto.   Had to wait a bit, but Alto's -25 was eventually re-released, twice.   His -29 has at least one re-release.   But any of his parts packs?  Just the once.  

On 20/01/2017 at 6:02 AM, no3Ljm said:

span•ner
/'spaner/

noun   BRITISH 
      a wrench.

verb   MACROSSWORLD 

^_^ 

Hehe! I missed this post.. at least people can get a laugh outta me! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, QEssential said:

Hey guys! Is the VF-25F prone to yellowing? I opened mine to have a look at the when new and put it back into the box but I took it out again last night I noticed that the cockpit and the crotch area is a bit yellow?!? It's very very slight though.... so just wondering...

Is this the renewal version. I've heard of the v1 yellowing but not the renewal. Man I hope they don't yellow this quick.

I have found with some white plastic Bandai toys in the past that they do seem to yellow quite easily if left in the box. Which is strange, you would have thought in the box, away from UV light they would have resisted yellowing. Maybe the plastic used has some sort of reaction to the styrofoam..........really dunno???? But it's weird as certain toys yellow quickly, while others don't.

I've got 3 renewal VF-25F up on a shelf in my bedroom, away from the window and direct sunlight. They have been there since the toys were released.

My naked VF-25F in battroid mode has no yellowing.

My VF-25F with Super Packs in fighter mode, seems to be developing some mild yellowing on the nose. I haven't taken of the Super Packs to check under them yet, will do so this weekend.

I haven't checked my third VF-25F yet, which is wearing the Armoured Pack in battroid mode. Will check at the weekend.

it could just come down to inconsistencies in the material mix during manufacturing which results in some yellowing and others not. Certain batches not receiving enough of what ever chemical is added to help resist uv rays or plastic degradation thus causing the discoloration. This is just a guess of course..

A lot of coatings block UV simply because of the refractive properties of the clear polymer chain in the chemical itself. So while it may not be specifically sold to block UV, it's an added benefit of many clear coats. I'm actually not sure which ones don't offer some sort of UV blocking effect.