DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Maybe I didn't do the right search on man. I saw that NY had them for 200.

Didn't see any on jungle.

I searched wrong. There are a ton of them up :D

Blame N-Y. Scalper-ific store is scalper-ific.

Ditto. You had me worried there for a bit!

Fear not (or maybe just a little :p).

-b.

Nope, cancelled it. I've got some other, better things going instead.

I am somewhat annoyed that NOW, after I decide to cancel, it ships, though...

Just realized that I also ordered one on HLJ! Will send an email to follow up.

i'm happy for the focus is off the 25F, i finally was able to get the 25F super parts for 100 sealed.

Congrats D!

Conversely the prices for 25S Armor Parts have become ridiculous, the Super Parts for the S, not so much.

-b.

Anyone else having this problem with their renewal Valk:

IMG_20141020_153011%255B1%255D.jpg

See how the black part of the white radome doesn't line up with the rest of the black part, ahead of the canopy? At first I thought it was the radome not clicking in straight, but there's no perceivable raised edge on one side compared to the other, so I know it's in and aligned straight. Upon closer inspection, you'll notice the black insert (call it the "anti-glare strip") is actually misaligned. There's a bigger gap on the left side, vs the right, which I think you can make out in the picture.

Unfortunately, I've had this thing apart already and failed to see if there was anything I could file down to get it to fit better.

Just curious if anyone else has notice this on their valks?

And yes, that's purposely over-exposed so you can see what I'm attempting to point out.

Edited by mickyg

My 25G is like that as well, but it doesn't appear to be an issue in any of my other 25's. The 25F and S released before it doesn't exhibit this and the RVF that was released right after is not like that either. My 25S also seems to have that same gap.

Edit: corrected statement.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Hmmm... I'll have it apart again in the not too distant future and will see if I can figure out what it is that causes the misalignment.

Still shaking my head that the piece is blue, painted black. But hey, we're all past that! Plus, it's an awesome piece of my collection, that I've been waiting to get for years. Not gonna knock it. Well, not too much...

Annoying, ain't it? :p

Well it certainly is now. I just looked at the nose of my 25G and wouldn't you know it, there is the tiniest of gaps in that same area (off to the left if you're looking at the Valkyrie from the front).

You get a sarcastic "thanks" my friend. :p

-b.

I'm here to help. ;)

I don't think it's the fit of the radome, though. If you look at the pics (and your own Valk), you'll see the boundary of the black piece (on the radome) still lines up with the outside edge of the slot the anti glare panel fits in. I really do think it's the panel that's the problem.

Edited by mickyg