DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Guest davidwhangchoi

There is a little risk.. any time you give out your CC info.

And maybe Play asian takes forever to refund them all.

haha.

On the upside you could bitch for free credit or something.

yes, i will be laughing so hearty. especially if anyone complain their funds were held up so they couldn't pre-order someplace else that opened up.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

yes, i will be laughing so hearty. especially if anyone complain their funds were held up so they couldn't pre-order someplace else that opened up.

Hopefully if you're playing this game you have more money than that on hand.

Ok, so I hear what you both are saying but there's no need to laugh at anyone (careless, clueless or simply unaware) that gets caught up in any potential (and it's still potential until the mess actually happens, 99% likelihood or not) mess at Play-Asia.

If anything disdain should continue to be directed towards Bandai for causing this nonsense to begin with. Driving people to be desperate enough to essentially play what appears to be a losing-hand trying to get a 25S (or most other DX Renewals for that matter).

Play nice guys, especially since I know you've both worked in the past to look out for members here.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

B, i helped you out getting stuff at cost. So nothing personal towards you, but i'm going to laugh if people whine about this site not fulfilling pre-orders.

B, i helped you out getting stuff at cost. So nothing personal towards you, but i'm going to laugh if people whine about this site not fulfilling pre-orders.

Yes, you did (thank you again :)), and I'm pretty sure I've seen instances of you helping others out as well.

Do as you like, you're an adult, but I would say avoid the bad-karma (if you subscribe to that sort of thing). That's all.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Yes, you did (thank you again :)), and I'm pretty sure I've seen instances of you helping others out as well.

Do as you like, you're an adult, but I would say avoid the bad-karma (if you subscribe to that sort of thing). That's all.

-b.

nah. i'm not one to laugh mean spirited at noobs or innocent misfortune.

but i do laugh at people who don't listen and general stubbornness. especially if they whine afterwards.

in terms of Karma, i deserve being laughed at when i'm being stupid so it's fair ;)

you're always pretty nice to everyone so that's cool. i respect that.

i always try to help people but i guess i can't stand people who post without reading threads or listen to sound advice... but i won't attack people. just laugh.

anyways, i hope the 25s becomes widely avail and we all get one whether this site can fulfill them or not.

nah. i'm not one to laugh mean spirited at noobs or innocent misfortune.

but i do laugh at people who don't listen and general stubbornness. especially if they whine afterwards.

in terms of Karma, i deserve being laughed at when i'm being stupid so it's fair ;)

you're always pretty nice to everyone so that's cool. i respect that.

i always try to help people but i guess i can't stand people who post without reading threads or listen to sound advice... but i won't attack people. just laugh.

anyways, i hope the 25s becomes widely avail and we all get one whether this site can fulfill them or not.

Yep, yep.

10-4 :)

-b.

^Not going to lie, whenever I was going on a long enough trip away from my collection I would try and stash at least on Valkyrie in my bags/luggage just to have.

Pretty sure a 25F, Yamato YF-19 and Alto YF-29 have made trips with me.

I'd do it when I lived in FL and came back to MI for my annual 2 week vacation and sometimes even on trips for my old job. ^_^

-b.

^Not going to lie, whenever I was going on a long enough trip away from my collection I would try and stash at least on Valkyrie in my bags/luggage just to have.

Pretty sure a 25F, Yamato YF-19 and Alto YF-29 have made trips with me.

I'd do it when I lived in FL and came back to MI for my annual 2 week vacation and sometimes even on trips for my old job. ^_^

-b.

That's why I get another copy of VF-25F while I am abroad. One for play here and one at home. :lol: I will bring home the Tornado kit and YF-29S for storage during the holiday.

Edited by KH355hamdi

I thought I was the only adult who took toys with him on trips. Nice to know I'm in good company.

As far as Play-Asia goes, I took the leap and preordered, knowing that it may be a setup for disappointment. I figure nothing ventured, nothing gained, and maybe I'll get lucky. If they don't end up getting enough stock, my only hope is that I'm refunded without a battle, and in a decent timeframe.

If I don't get one, I certainly hope I won't be derided for making the effort. The whole situation with procuring these things is shitty, and it's equally so if folks here laugh at those who take a gamble and lose.

Will probably only hear news from hlj near release on whether they will be able to fulfill POs. It was meant to be for 1 per customer, but their system messed up. So that's why people are getting their orders reduced to 1/being told to reduce it to 1.

Guest davidwhangchoi

As far as Play-Asia goes, I took the leap and preordered, knowing that it may be a setup for disappointment. I figure nothing ventured, nothing gained, and maybe I'll get lucky. If they don't end up getting enough stock, my only hope is that I'm refunded without a battle, and in a decent timeframe.

If I don't get one, I certainly hope I won't be derided for making the effort. The whole situation with procuring these things is shitty, and it's equally so if folks here laugh at those who take a gamble and lose.

in case you're implying me since i'm the only one who said i will be laughing at those who whine about play asia not coming through...

i hope you read what i wrote carefully. i know how hard it is in getting one. and i know it doesn't feel good to hear people rub it in their faces if they don't get one. i'm not that guy. especially during pre-order nights and release day. it's stressful. i actually try to help a lot of people here get things all the time bc we're here to help each other. and Mw members here can confirm that.

myself and a few others warned several times that play asia is it not reliable site for pre-orders as clearly in the past they did the same thing and didn't come through. We're here to help, not block people from taking a chance or laugh at them for trying to pre-order...

but for those who read the thread and go ahead and still naively recommend play asia without any experience with pre-ordering despite the warnings is giving bad advice and is not helping anyone as it is fools gold.

and those who go pre-order anyway.... well, i guess you pointed it out there's minimum risk.. so no harm done. that's not what i'm going to laugh about just so we're clear.

the only thing i'm going to laugh about is if someone ignored the warning and later acts surprised... well you know what i'm going to do...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Here's a downer thought; unless you've got a set of armor parts just sitting around waiting for a toy to be put on, there's not much point in scrambling to get one of these. Even if you can get a 25S at retail price, you'll just end up spending 2~3 times the cost of the valk itself to get the armor parts to go with it. (and you know you will, there's no point in owning a 25S without armor parts).

I'm just going to keep waiting for a gift set bundle.

Here's a downer thought; unless you've got a set of armor parts just sitting around waiting for a toy to be put on, there's not much point in scrambling to get one of these. Even if you can get a 25S at retail price, you'll just end up spending 2~3 times the cost of the valk itself to get the armor parts to go with it. (and you know you will, there's no point in owning a 25S without armor parts).

And Bandai will rerelease all the valks in the new matte finish. ;)

Some people like the naked VF-25S as is. I know I used to have addon-pack syndrome but then I realized the planes themselves without packs are really good looking :0

I've learned to avoid auctions altogether during a panic rush. Bidding wars often inflate prices above reasonable levels. To borrow a real estate term, now is not a buyers market.

But there are still ways to find armor parts for less than 2x the retail price of the 25S. I agree that the convenience of buying now still makes these accessories costly, and it stinks. However, I have seen buy it now auctions, Mandarake and MW forum deals for 1.3x to 1.7x the MSRP of a 25S --- "deals" that come and go quickly.

Anyway, only you know what is best for you and your wallet. :ph34r:

I take no responsibility for instigating sleepless nights and wild goose chases. :p

Yeah. Auctions are good if you know people don't have eyes on that release for whatever reason.

I doubt I'll ever buy armor parts for Ozma if the prices keep going up haha. I can throw down some money for a Yamato, but I can't justify it for a renewal due to the tolerances and overall durability.

I'm not super crazy about the armor design for Frontier either. It's cool for sure, but the color scheme is all over the place, and it just seems confused in its design haha. Reds and blues, and yellows. Idk. I like the super parts ok.

I'm not super crazy about the armor design for Frontier either. It's cool for sure, but the color scheme is all over the place, and it just seems confused in its design haha. Reds and blues, and yellows. Idk. I like the super parts ok.

I kinda agree. I just wished they had generic looking armor (shades of gray) that can fit color-wise to all 25s.

Yeah it seems to have an organic design, then an angular one. I've seen nice shots of it in fighter mode... I could be wrong too but I bet it's a pain to pose in Bat mode too. The tornados are just as bad in my humble opinion.

I'll stick to just the fighters for frontier myself. Maybe grab some fast packs some day.

I'd rather have a few sets of Yamato 1/60 supers. Such an iconic mix of 80's space technology and sci-fi.

Edited by Gakken85

I wish that the valks of the new series will return to more simpler designs. I kinda dislike that back wing kibble and flappy knee pads are the latest standards for valks. I would prefer wings that fold nicely or stow away neatly and return to the usual knee caps design.

Edited by close313

Is it just me, or does the trend for mecha design in general these days seem to lean heavily towards the skinny-with-lots-of-little-bits-sticking-out aesthetic? I'm not really a Gundam fan (only seen the first series), but most of the current designs I see seem to have lots of antennae, wings, kibble, etc. all over the place. Michael Bay Transformers is that look taken to its furthest extreme. Is the more blocky, "muscular" look considered too 80s?

Hopefully Bandai does decide to release some Renewal with Parts (Super, Armor or Tornado), but if not I won't be terribly upset.

With regards to the 25S re-release, I want mine for display in Battroid since I already have a 25S Renewal with Armor displayed in Fighter mode. :ph34r:

Is it just me, or does the trend for mecha design in general these days seem to lean heavily towards the skinny-with-lots-of-little-bits-sticking-out aesthetic? I'm not really a Gundam fan (only seen the first series), but most of the current designs I see seem to have lots of antennae, wings, kibble, etc. all over the place. Michael Bay Transformers is that look taken to its furthest extreme. Is the more blocky, "muscular" look considered too 80s?

Seems like a natural progression from bulkier to more streamlined designs. The "kibble" can be hit or miss but I think with all things a strong, yet sleek silhouette is the "look" of the day. Personally I'm fine with that, sleek works for me.

-b.