DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

I agree, I can never and I mean never find a valk on BBTS. It is always "no results found", Morons need to adjust the search profile, they don't even come up under Bandai.

So convoluted... Going to order some displays from them so hopefully they have some extra Valk stuff so I can cut down on shipping.

Google search "BBTS valkyries"

It will come up with the menu page direct link.

BBTS stopped selling Yamato and Bandai because of a C & D from HG, and probably had more weight from having lots of Toynami

brand products, not just RT either. I remember the good old days when you could PO Macross DX tamashii exclusives.

Not to mention they had a whole line up of Yamato goods.

Google search "BBTS valkyries"

It will come up with the menu page direct link.

BBTS stopped selling Yamato and Bandai because of a C & D from HG, and probably had more weight from having lots of Toynami

brand products, not just RT either. I remember the good old days when you could PO Macross DX tamashii exclusives.

Not to mention they had a whole line up of Yamato goods.

+1

I thought I was the only one who searched BBTS for Macross items this way. =) Funny how you can't get there from within the website itself.

My first ever Mac F toy was preordered from BBTS. The VF-25F Renewal.

Google almost always has a better search engine than the ones implemented on most SMB web stores. It's Google after all. Just plug in the name of the store before or after the product you are trying to find. This works for me most of the time.

Edited by xrentonx

Yes, it has. They completely dropped their usual MO of incremental increases for each subsequent preorder posting after the first batch; this time around they went straight from app. $138 to about $176, and there, surprisingly, it has stayed.

Sometimes I wonder if they do buy stock, or just hold back half their stock and raise the price.

...have always wondered the exact same thing, but that's neither here nor there.

If N-Y can keep finding 25S's then I'm just going to wait it out for the other web shops.

-b.

...have always wondered the exact same thing, but that's neither here nor there.

If N-Y can keep finding 25S's then I'm just going to wait it out for the other web shops.

-b.

This time round, they haven't been selling that fast as I guess more people rather wait now. Also they have only opened 3 rounds not counting their initial retail round, and I think they put 50 in round 1 and 3 and less in round 2. Other releases by this time they have released multiple rounds and have two different price premium but that's because their first price hike is not as much as the VF-25S.

Maybe after their YF-29 Ozma fiasco they had, they are not securing as much stock now and perhaps this stock is going to places like CDJapan since they keep opening their orders for the YF-30 and YF-25.

Edited by Valk-1S

This time round, they haven't been selling that fast as I guess more people rather wait now. Also they have only opened 3 rounds not counting their initial retail round, and I think they put 50 in round 1 and 3 and less in round 2. Other releases by this time they have released multiple rounds and have two different price premium but that's because their first price hike is not as much as the VF-25S.

Maybe after their YF-29 Ozma fiasco they had, they are not securing as much stock now and perhaps this stock is going to places like CDJapan since they keep opening their orders for the YF-30 and YF-25.

You're probably correct, and all it takes is a peek into the YF-30 thread to see why people are encouraged to wait vs. immediately taking the marked-up bait.

-b.

Agreed. There's still 3 months to the release. Pre-orders might open up again, maybe not alot but they might.

This'll probably be like Ozma's YF-29 so some might appear here and there. Just gotta keep an eye on.

Can't really compare releases with each other as they will have different demands. Alto and Ozma will be the most demanded out of all the valks. When I missed the initial boat to preorder the YF-25, I wasn't too worried as I expect it to be available on release and it was. YF-30 new valk, but it's not Ozma or Alto or even Roy colour scheme, so probably not as many interested buyers.

Like Falcon18 said, I think the VF-25 will be similar to the YF-29 Ozma. Possible to get but window of opportunity much slimmer. Just have to wait and see.

They should be able to tell when people log in with multiple accounts based off their IP address.

It should be as simple as when a moderator on a forum does it.

Banning via IP creates all sorts of false hits, though. Most people in North America don't have the same IP address from session to session - their ISP has a bunch and assigns them one when they connect. So when you ban someone via IP, you're taking out a couple hundred users. Forums are often okay with using an artillery shell to swat a fly, but that's not the bestest plan for a retailer, who depends on good publicity.

Google almost always has a better search engine than the ones implemented on most SMB web stores. It's Google after all. Just plug in the name of the store before or after the product you are trying to find. This works for me most of the time.

Google has better search engines than a lot of sites. I work for a library, and this is a standard technique for about half our databases.

Yeah, this color scheme surprised me. When I was looking at all the promo pics the orange was way overblown, but once I got a couple of these in hand I was very impressed by the shade of orange that was actually used. One of my favorite Frontier schemes atm.

Yeah, this color scheme surprised me. When I was looking at all the promo pics the orange was way overblown, but once I got a couple of these in hand I was very impressed by the shade of orange that was actually used. One of my favorite Frontier schemes atm.

From top to bottom the YF-25 has the best paint scheme of all the Frontier Valks, mostly because it breaks up the monotony of the main, ancillary (25A/171), and one-off hero Valkyries like the 29's.

Mine is currently displayed in Battroid - and yes, I transformed a toy I own. :o

-b.

Armored YF-25 anyone?

02111.jpg0202.jpg

How about a VF-25a Tornado?

01721.jpg01612.jpg

YF-25 Tornado

02221.jpg

pics from www.siliconera.com reviews about the game Macross Triangle Frontier.

Edited by wmkjr

Can't really compare releases with each other as they will have different demands. Alto and Ozma will be the most demanded out of all the valks. When I missed the initial boat to preorder the YF-25, I wasn't too worried as I expect it to be available on release and it was. YF-30 new valk, but it's not Ozma or Alto or even Roy colour scheme, so probably not as many interested buyers.

Don't give Bandai any ideas! If they produce an Ozma or Roy 30, I dread the PO insanity.

Don't give Bandai any ideas! If they produce an Ozma or Roy 30, I dread the PO insanity.

I think a Roy 30 would be a hard sell since the most logical change would just be the red stripes replaced with yellow. That change would be too small and make a lot of people call them out for repainting something so tiny. Ozma on the other hand would just create PO hell...