DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Wonder why HLJ is so damn slow with their stuff. Says September whilst its supposed to be released in July. Skipped AE because I'm going to ship to the states (Hurray for no import Tax)

Where are you seeing September on HLJ?

Edited by Saburo

the last time they had orders up again, the listing said "September Restock"

Thanks SaitouSad.

I pre-ordered when the re-re-issue first went up and it was listed as a July restock. I had emailed their customer service in June asking if they had a specific date in July when it would arrive. The reply I got was they had no specific date, but it was due to arrive in July. I wonder if that has changed or they are getting several restocks? I guess just wait and find out.

My personal take on this is that it was just a listing error, and that the stocks will still be coming soon.
I was really tempted to pick up a 5th VF-25F to display naked, since the Ozma version is not forthcoming. But had to restrain myself in view of budget constrains

Odd, I received my payment request from AmiAmi for the re-re-issue of the 25F on Friday. Paid on Sunday and outside of the payment confirmation I've heard nothing else.

-b.

Shipping notice came overnight/early morning from AmiAmi.

-b.

Trivia Fact ( I'm pretty sure)

I've always wondered why Bandai covers their DX Valks in the plastic bag and then I realized it could be because of the gloss plastic. (yes I know there is no such thing as gloss plastic and it is an effect from the mold, etc.) Anyway, the reason I'm coming to this conclusion is because Yamato also wrapped the YF-19 Fire Valk in plastic and it was a gloss Valk. The matte finish valks Yamato did had no plastic bag. I'm thinking I'm correct, but either way I still love hearing the crinkle of the plastic bag when you break out a MIB DX.

I bet the plastic is to protect the painted/tampo'd on parts, not due to the finish. My 19P had alot and so did my VE-1. The VF-1's had (although not wholly wrapped) plastic sleeves on their wings, landing gears and small plastic leaflets on other tampo'd parts on the valk.

Edited by close313

I bet the plastic is to protect the painted/tampo'd on parts, not due to the finish. My 19P had alot and so did my VE-1. The VF-1's had (although not wholly wrapped) plastic sleeves on their wings, landing gears and small plastic leaflets on other tampo'd parts on the valk.

I agree it's related to the paint and prints. Best example also is the YF-21. ;)

Styrofoam will rub off the paint, so they have to haha

If you have closed toys that are in styrofoam, with no plastic around them, eventually the paints will leech down into the foam.

Edited by Gakken85

Styrofoam will rub off the paint, so they have to haha

If you have closed toys that are in styrofoam, with no plastic around them, eventually the paints will leech down into the foam.

This is... this is the secret of a thousand years!!!

Finally got my "shipped" notification from CDJapan for my Renewal VF-25F. This'll be my second Renewal 25, the 25G being my first. Figures I'll be out of state when it arrives.

Damn I'm torn on buying a 4th, but 2 sealed is enough. Damn it, the struggle begins.

For cases like this I leave it to the coin of judgement. Heads order it, tails do not order. :) I in most cases, I don't go with the do not order judgement and just order. :D

HLJ just send me my shipping notice for 2 VF-25f. With this 2 it will be 4 VF-25F in my collection. One with armor, one with tornado part, and two naked ( maybe i will try to get some super part if my wallet let me)

Cool! I haven't gotten my shipping notice yet, but I checked the status on HLJ. It's currently "This order is currently being double-checked before final packing.", I should get my shipping notice soon. :)

They also feel cheaper and less satisfying when you first unpack the toy.

It's the reverse for me though. I love those plastic trays in Yammies/Arcadia. They make opening and repacking a breeze and they look much nicer. And it's a plus with those windowed/flip top boxes.

Yeah I don't think it's cheaper.. just lighter.

Styrofoam is messy too, the little chunks flying around, plus I hate that neon snot yellow tape they put around the sides that you have to saw through. and then it's just stuck there forever unless you want to rip it off...

Nothing expensive about that.

Edited by Gakken85

Guest davidwhangchoi

So...yeah, my 25F should be here tomorrow, it'll be an extra copy staying forever in it's box. B))

w00t!

-b.

mine is in private warehouse waiting for wheeljack or the yf 30

Edited by davidwhangchoi