DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

oh crap.

got a spare vf-25 and found that the nose can't be folded fully during transformation. it seems 1 of the hinges is stuck tight.

anyone experienced this before and know how to fix it?

My 25F was like that. I applied a tremendous amount of force onto the part until it collapsed into the proper position with a horrifying crack sound. it's been perfectly fine after that. (I don't actually recommend doing what I did.)

I had that problem with my 25g. I put a hair dryer to it for about 10 seconds at a time and moved it down slowly then back up until it loosened up.

thanks for the tip! I totally forgot about the hair dryer trick (mostly cause I never have to use it)

I finally. resolved it by gently wedging the tip of my exact-o blade in to try and wedge a little gap for to move.

it finally folded properly. now I have a tight foldable nose cone

I tried my darndest to get a -25F from Hobby Search but couldn't. Is Hobby Search the only place that can get parts from Bandai? Anyone know if they'll just flat-out sell a replacement piece to someone?

They must have at least one "parts" -25F on hand, to have provided Tober with his part.

Sigh, I've had awful luck lately. My -171 crumbled before I could even box it up to sell it, and my -25F looks flawed in "naked fighter mode" due to the messed up ventral fin which is the main mode I want it to look good in---I'll only occasionally have it with booster/armor or in battroid. :(

Hobby Search just sent out a replacement piece for my missing VF-25F cannon. :)

Which also implies I won't have spare parts. :(

For the benefit of everyone here.. PLEASE detail to us exactly how you requested a spare part.

There has been a spectacularly terrible record of people trying to get a replacement anything out of Bandai's tight-fisted grip.

Edited by Chronocidal

For the benefit of everyone here.. PLEASE detail to us exactly how you requested a spare part.

There has been a spectacularly terrible record of people trying to get a replacement anything out of Bandai's tight-fisted grip.

As per Hobby Search's FAQ, I emailed them with my order number, the product number, my name and a description and photo of the problem. They asked me to make sure the part hadn't fallen off somewhere, I confirmed and they sent me a tracking number for the replacement part - I was somewhat suprised they were able to help, I was expecting a partial refund offer, or having to return the Valk to them for a refund.

HLJ used to offer a replacement part service, but now I think they restrict it to their customer's orders only. They were able to help with 'replacement parts from Yamato and Takara previously. It might be worth contacting them about it.

See, that's the first time I've ever seen anyone offer a replacement part from Bandai. Ever. I was under the impression that they just didn't offer replacements, except mailing the entire product back to them.

Which basically means, every retail site who's been unable to request spare parts either is on Bandai's list of people to ignore, or they've been blowing smoke up our butts and ignoring the requests for spare parts.

HLJ can't get parts for a Renewal VF-25, I already asked them (and I bought it from them).

I also sent an email to Hobby Search, just in case. (I didn't ask them to GIVE me a part, I asked to BUY a part). Haven't heard back from HS yet. I have an account with HS, but have never actually ordered aything (because it always pre-sells out! I'd order from them if I could---I've sure tried my darndest to buy from them)

incidentally.. anybody here ever had the experience of receiving brand new Valks which had double tape on them? What's up with that?

The 25F that had the extremely tight nosecone issue I posted earlier came double taped (kinda raised a red flag with me).

I believe double tape happens sometimes when they need to open the box again as they may have missed putting something in. If its from a retailer who had the stock for a while, sometimes the box has been opened and just taped back up probably to inspect it.

I believe my first issue VF-25F had double tape, but I haven't open it yet.

incidentally.. anybody here ever had the experience of receiving brand new Valks which had double tape on them? What's up with that?

The 25F that had the extremely tight nosecone issue I posted earlier came double taped (kinda raised a red flag with me).

Was probably QC checked before leaving the factory.

I've seen this before with Takara MP figures. One in every X units gets popped open to check it was packed correctly then taped back up and sent on it's way.

I believe double tape happens sometimes when they need to open the box again as they may have missed putting something in. If its from a retailer who had the stock for a while, sometimes the box has been opened and just taped back up probably to inspect it.

I believe my first issue VF-25F had double tape, but I haven't open it yet.

I have both my RVF25 renewal double taped. No issues,

I've seen this before with Takara MP figures. One in every X units gets popped open to check it was packed correctly then taped back up and sent on it's way.

Thanks for the reassurance, guys :)

Kinda had a feeling it could be just a random QC check, but wanted to get some input here. "

So far so good, and slapped on the armor parts I had. It's so heavy on the back that I get worried about ever transforming it into fighter mode with the armor on..

But it does look awesome in Battoroid mode.

My second VF-25F and RVF-25 came in yesterday from HLJ and one of them had the double tape. Didn't think nothing of it since the contents were in perfect condition B))

I've been meaning to ask, what do you guys think the future will be for further VF-25 Renewal releases? We've got all of skull squad and we're getting a CF soon; outside of additional re-issues, the Tornado packs are the last really obvious thing for this line. will that be it or do you think Bandai will find more ways to milk this particular mold?

I'm really hoping they decide to do a YF-25 DX release with all the proper remolds (new head and longer two seat canopy). and something like making a YF-24 would just be crazy awesome.

Edited by anime52k8

Guest davidwhangchoi

I've been meaning to ask, what do you guys thing the future is gonna be for further VF-25 Renewal releases? We've got all of skull squad and we're getting a CF soon; outside of additional re-issues, the Tornado packs are the last really obvious thing for this line. will that be it or do you think Bandai will find more ways to milk this particular mold?

I'm really hoping they decide to do a YF-25 DX release with all the proper remolds (new head and longer two seat canopy). and something like making a YF-24 would just be crazy awesome.

i think the 30 will be next before anything, although the 25a announcement caught everyone by surprise...

I've been meaning to ask, what do you guys thing the future is gonna be for further VF-25 Renewal releases? We've got all of skull squad and we're getting a CF soon; outside of additional re-issues, the Tornado packs are the last really obvious thing for this line. will that be it or do you think Bandai will find more ways to milk this particular mold?

Honestly, all they really need to do is the new head and paint scheme and that would be close enough without much effort on their part.

I figured that this would be the case since someone posted a response regarding spare parts for Bandai toys which said that Bandai will only replace the whole unit and will not send any replacement parts. If my mind serves me correctly this was a response from the hlj customer support.

Honestly, all they really need to do is the new head and paint scheme and that would be close enough without much effort on their part.

If it was just the head and paint scheme, I'd buy it and be happy with it, but changing the canopy too would really put it over the top. either way I find the YF-25 more interesting and exciting than the VF-25A.

i think the 30 will be next before anything, although the 25a announcement caught everyone by surprise...

I really hope that thing isn't vaporware. a New valk with a new transformation scheme is super exciting too.

If it was just the head and paint scheme, I'd buy it and be happy with it, but changing the canopy too would really put it over the top. either way I find the YF-25 more interesting and exciting than the VF-25A.

I really hope that thing isn't vaporware. a New valk with a new transformation scheme is super exciting too.

I think the paint scheme on the 25A fits the configuration of the VF-25 more than the specialized schemes for skull squadron.

I really want a 30 as well, such an awesome profile on that one.

Well I obviously want a 25S renewal, but that's been said by a few I think.

I like the 25A a lot, but I just cant justify the buy price sadly. If i wasnt having kids and the YF-19 wasnt on the horizon, maybe. Plus the 25 Skyll FP's and i still need a Movie Durandel....

We still need the 25S, Tornado parts and the 30.

And knowing repaints, definitely a 27 Grace and possibly

Another 25 scheme.

Bandai would be stupid not to just take our bank accounts.

They know they sell the crap out of these.

Even when they break we still frenzy.

We still need the 25S, Tornado parts and the 30.

And knowing repaints, definitely a 27 Grace and possibly

Another 25 scheme.

Bandai would be stupid not to just take our bank accounts.

They know they sell the crap out of these.

Even when they break we still frenzy.

YF-25 would be too awesome to pass :)