DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Nice pics, chris... as much as these valks are setting me back, the only extra parts I'm buying for any of them are the 25F super parts and the 25S armored parts... everyone else is gonna be chilling in the armorless buff. The SMS military budget is officially cut, troops. lol

Thanks buddy right now seem i'm waiting for the Armor version pack to come as well as VF25G and Yamato 1/60 VF-4G Lightning-III which is very interesting VF on is own.

Nice pics, chris... as much as these valks are setting me back, the only extra parts I'm buying for any of them are the 25F super parts and the 25S armored parts... everyone else is gonna be chilling in the armorless buff. The SMS military budget is officially cut, troops. lol

haha thx bro well I wish those part available mass production instead of tamashii web shop exclusive preordering..

Edited by chriswoo

Hi Guys

This is my 1st time posting here, I'm recently just able to afford collecting the macross and now trying to completed the entire squadron of macross frontier series.

Welcome! Three valks in and you already have some rare ones! Lol!

That is beyond insane and also makes me question my own sanity for trying to secure one of these. What a nightmare.

Please toy gods, just let that Nippon Yasan pre order actually pull through. I'm likely to get an ulcer or something otherwise.

I was just there too..it must have been listed literally minutes ago...

I've had alert box checking HLJ in multiple ways each at 2 minute intervals, way I've got it set there couldn't have been more than a 30 second window.

:edit:

looks like I'll be camping HLJ at at 2:30am from now til september. <_<

Edited by anime52k8

looks like I'll be camping HLJ at at 2:30am from now til september. <_<

Yeah, me too.

I was refreshing HLJ's page and it went from not being listed to listed with order stop!!!

I know it's a place holder but it's just plain retarded.

Bandai's sales strategy for the renewals is RIDICULOUS!!!! It has nothing to do with the rest of the world not being their macross target, I have three Japanese friends and none of them could secure a unit.

Bandai could've been cautious with Alto's renewal in order to not produce a large overstock but after the great sales they did the same for Ozma, the YF-29 re release and now the VF-25G!!!! They're losing actual sales.

Bandai could've been cautious with Alto's renewal in order to not produce a large overstock but after the great sales they did the same for Ozma, the YF-29 re release and now the VF-25G!!!! They're losing actual sales.

You're right, at this point in time they're no longer testing waters. They've had three (five really with the 171 and now 25G) fully sold out items with HUGE markups. Someone is missing a HUGE trend.

Yes Asia have re-listed for $227.69 (includes shipping to North America, or $233.99 inc international shipping).

Hardly a bargain, but it's an option. I don't know if they charge upfront or not.

Thanks Tober! Unfortunately I was too late... they are no longer for sale at the site ;-( Damn! I was spending time with my daughter on the weekend... I guess you can't have a life outside Macross to be a collector nowadays. (I jumped on the DRYL BluRay only to have them offer them up for cheaper a few weeks later... but it seems like they didn't offer up more DXs of the other VF-25s after the initial pre-order). This is just not fun anymore.

A sidetrack from all the pre-order angst and anxiety.

Just an FYI since I don't think many have noticed this. The official Tamashii site and various online retailer product pages for the 25G all don't list the assault knife or display stand as part of the set.

■セット内容

・本体

・交換用手首左右各3種

・スナイパーライフル

・ミハエル・ブランフィギュア

・クラン・クランフィギュア

■Set contents

・Main figure

・Optional hands 3 types

・Sniper rifle

・Mikhail Blanc figure

・Klan Klan figure

I do recall Mikhail using the 25G's knife at least once in the series. It was the episode where Ozma went on about how much of a man he was and Fire Bomber's "Try Again" was playing in the background.

The stands have been standard with the renewal 25's and the 171EX so a little odd for it to be excluded now.

I do hope it's just an error or it'd feel like another finger to the fans by Bandai, what with them already making these figures nigh impossible to buy.

Edited by IXTL

Wow! that's twice MSRP?

MSRP means nothing when it comes to these valks. It's all about snagging a preorder before prices skyrocket and hoping that your preorder is fulfilled.

The stands have been standard with the renewal 25's and the 171EX so a little odd for it to be excluded now.

I do hope it's just an error or it'd feel like another finger to the fans by Bandai, what with them already making these figures nigh impossible to buy.

I hope that's just an oversight too. Glad to see Klan in there tho.

Seems strange that amazon.jp hasn't listed yet either, might be making Japanese fans a bit anxious... :unsure:

I see two separate issues. Simple answer to the above....Do you get the yen price that Nippon Yasan listed it at when you preorder it even though they raise it right after? Yes you should. It is locked it place. I don't know of ANY online webshops that would be so unscrupulous that they would raise your price after you put a preorder for it. That would just be bull@#$. My yen price listed for my VF-25G perorder is still 16000 yen even though it is now 17500 yen on the site.

Second issue is this...How much you will actually pay depends on when you pay it due to the exchange rate at the time of payment. Now the exchange rate is 78 yen to the dollar. Who knows, maybe in September it will be better so that those (in the US) who pay in September will get a better deal. The decline of the dollar compared to the yen seems to have leveled off somewhat so the above could be a valid gamble.

Edited by mass driver

Here's what I want to know, first it says X amount tax included, but when i look at the check out, the tax is almost 30 more dollars. What tax? I'm not a resident of their area. I shouldn't have to be any stinking tax.

Is micron Klan part of the renewal 25G package?

Yes. She'll most probably be in the flight suit seen in the finale of the TV series, when she piloted the 25G. So basically expect an undersized standard SMS pilot figure.

1q3jl.jpg

Well I suppose this is one reason to use Paypal with Nippon Yasan. Pay up front, and they can't hike the price. :p

I've ordered from them 3 times so far. This is how my experience is so far.

* The price is locked at the time you place your order. They raise price as it becomes harder to find, and eventually they close the pre-order when it reaches the quota. It doesn't hurt to screen grab the last page of your order confirmation and keep it somewhere so that you can look back.

* They send you invoice early - like 2-3 weeks before the product is released. However, you don't need to pay right away. They give you the deadline which is like a day before the release. Pay them a day before the due day - this will save your order from cancellation due to time differences and also increases your chance for PayPal 45 day protection if something goes wrong.

* choose your shipping option with somethig trackable. They are legit and reliable, but not on the same level as HLJ or AmiAmi in my opinion. Make it trackable.

*They have 'your orders' page you can check and communicate with the sales person.

Hope this helps.

Edited by kyekye

[...] I just didn't expect them to charge Paypal immediately.

[...]

There are two payment options for pre-orders. If you want to pay later you have to choose the method of payment PRE-ORDERS ONLY. In this case, you don't have to pay anything at the time of order.

You will receive the invoice 2 to 3 weeks before the official release (you can pay by Credit Card, Paypal or Bank Wire), then you’ll have until one day before the official release to pay the full amount.