DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

I'm glad to help out if I can, and I'll definitely try, but for me personally it still depends that I catch that preorder window, which I didn't have any luck with on the VF-171.

The bigger idea is to get a group of volunteers who can cover the preorders, and pick up as many as possible from wherever they get them. Essentially, like a multi-person group buy, but on a limited scope based on who can get them and how many they can get. I'd love to be able to say, "Sure, I'll cover this person" but I might not even get one, so you can't really do any kind of sign-up.

Granted, it'll have to be people who have the spare cash on hand to buy multiples. Ideally, say you could get 9 people who can volunteer to buy 3 each. Then only 3 of those people actually need to succeed getting a preorder. If more than 3 can make a preorder, you have extras to sell to others who might be interested. The first come first serve logistics of it could get messy honestly.

The issue is, the situation would be really handy if people get extras, but things could get ugly if not enough people manage to get one, and then you don't even have enough to go around the group. I don't want to create a situation where members would be competing for the extras people volunteered to buy.

Will the preorder for the VF 25G renewal be in June or July?

The official listing of VF-171 was posted on Tamashii web on Feb 29, and Amimai/HLJ etc started taking order the next day on Match 1st 3AM EST. Well I already setup my web update scanner but I don't have a bot that can auto buy from those shops.

Probably. Must be people running scripts to happen that fast... I hit the preorder button on Hobby search as soon as it was listed, but by the time I went through checkout it was no longer available. :(

I don't even think that's physically possible. There's no way it was actually open for anyone to order.

That's exactly what I thought for the amiami VF-171EX pre order - and it never came alive again. Luckily I got in a pre order elsewhere, but it is possible at amiami for whatever reason.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i couldn't even get onto amiami. it kept saying the server was busy so i tried hobby search about 3:05amEST and got a pre-order in.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Still nothing at HLJ, BBTS or any other reputable place that isn't hobby-search or AmiAmi. I'm thinking everybody's gone home for the weekend and will be throwing there stuff up come Monday. time for sleep...

If and when the pre order for the VF 25G renewal goes live on BigBadToyStore, where would it be? I typed in Valkyries in the search and all I get is an item that is not macross. I then tried Bandai Japan and they do not have a category for valkyries any more. I would really appreciate it if someone could post the link to the VF 25G Renewal for BigBadToyStore when it goes live.

Well, they haven't let me down so far (YF-29 first run, YF-29 Super Parts, MP-10 Convoy, VF-25F, VF-25S, both those Super Parts and VF-171EX pre-order). Although I usually give them third billing after HLJ and Amiami... :unsure: