DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Toysnjoys short story:

1) Buy YF-19 with Super Parts Bundle

2) Have a YF-19 and super parts as two separate boxes!

3) Communicate the issue one week

4) Send back everything

5) Get the rigth YF-19 Bundle after 2 weeks

Edited by charger69

No i won't EVER recommend toysNjoys to anyone at all, i brought a 1/6 hikaru pilot version from them & they end up sending me the Hikaru with blue uniform & told me they sold out on the pilot, this just shows they never update their website at all

Just to add: i don't find any toys & any joy at all buying from them

Edited by ah_t00t

You know, I can't help but nitpick at one thing here.. is Bandai just completely unaware that pretty much all modern aircraft have their landing gear painted white, or did they actually change this on the VF-25? The ones attached to the super packs look like they could be painted (or silver, who knows, since the VF-27's were silver), but the VF-25's gear all look like some oddball dark bronze metallic shade.

I mean, it's been obvious for a while that Bandai doesn't really have much of a knack for aircraft, but missing that still surprises me... unless they just ignored it. <_<

Haven't transformed my alto for awhile but was messing with it today. I'm having trouble getting the neck plate to stay up while in battroid mode. Does anybody else have this problem and is there a solution for this? I don't have this problem on my Omza.

I realise now I shouldn't have passed on the renewal 25 when I had the chance. Its stupidly expensive now, and I really wanted one. but i just refuse to pay over $300 for a toy, and that's abut what it comes too with shipping now.

So I envy u all your Ozmas or Altos. :)

Haven't transformed my alto for awhile but was messing with it today. I'm having trouble getting the neck plate to stay up while in battroid mode. Does anybody else have this problem and is there a solution for this? I don't have this problem on my Omza.

Yes I have the same problem. I tried messing with just about everything in different positions and finally just left it as is. Haven't gotten around to really check if the neck plates are slightly different.

Probably because the Orange shows up better on plain white and the Yellow shows up better on the darker grey.

I should have known that being a graphic designer. :p

But I've never noticed that was show accurate.

I'm honestly surprised no new news has come up regarding the renewal VF-25's or even re-release info. For such popular molds, I honestly though Bandai would milk them a lot more having vested in a brand new mold....

Might be due to the VF-171EX coming out, but still...

I expected an announcement on the other remaining Messiahs, so yeah, generally I'm surprised at how Bandai has handled everything.

At this point in time, I've tried to put the 171 out of sight, out of mind, so I am pleasantly surprised by the time Summer comes around.

I'm honestly surprised no new news has come up regarding the renewal VF-25's or even re-release info. For such popular molds, I honestly though Bandai would milk them a lot more having vested in a brand new mold....

Might be due to the VF-171EX coming out, but still...

It's not like they need to rush. Yamato for instance is not rushing that much with Macross 7 either and for the same reason. The people who will buy them will buy them whether they are released in 6 months or at the end of the year, or next year even. I am sure Bandai will pull some trick to steer customers away from Yamato's VF-4! Tamashii exclusive renewal VF-25G with Tornado Parts perhaps?

You know, as much as I do prefer Michael's valk in the super packs, I'd probably grab one of those. While I do like the look, I never really cared for how much the Tornado pack covers though, and I still think it was a marketing gimmick to make the original DXs more attractive.

As much as I want the VF-25G though.. I'm kind of dreading it. I'm hoping the delay in hearing about it is due to Bandai rethinking their mold layout for the VF-25s, because so far, the color breakdown of the parts on Ozma's valk is utterly facepalm-tacular. Entire sections of the plane are molded in the wrong color, and then painted over completely, while there are perfectly fine parts elsewhere on the plane molded in that color. With as much forethought as they clearly put into the new VF-25 as far as preparations for super/armor packs, they dropped the ball on the colors.. probably because Alto's plane is entirely white, and they didn't need to worry about colored parts.

But Michael's.. yeah. Having a toy molded in blue plastic, and covered in white paint is just asking for complaints when people start making massive blue stripes in the paint when they start transforming it. Ozma's you can kind of get away with due to everything being shades of gray, but scratch that white paint, and it will show up like a giant flashing beacon.

I did not know there was a paint issue with Ozma's VF-25S in the renewal series. The paint on the renewal version seem better than my original 1.0 valk. Since I rarely transform these valks, paint coming off might not be much of an issue.

I did not know there was a paint issue with Ozma's VF-25S in the renewal series. The paint on the renewal version seem better than my original 1.0 valk. Since I rarely transform these valks, paint coming off might not be much of an issue.

It's barely an issue at all though so I wouldn't panic just yet (not that you are). Could they have molded certain parts in the correct color? Certainly! At the end of the day, it's a really nice rendition though. I love my VF-25S renewal to death and so far have no problems with it. Knock on wood :)

It's actually not so much a paint issue as a design issue. They didn't think the molds through clearly enough, and a bunch of parts that should have been molded in the same color got split up across multiple molds, and molded in different colors. So, they wound up painting entire pieces to cover it up, when they could have just molded it in the right color to start with.

It's not even really a problem.. until you consider the history Bandai has with shoddy paint, and having it not stick to the plastic. It's gotten better with these, but my Ozma still has a pretty half-assed paint job on it, specifically the giant wing glove pieces that should have been molded in lighter gray plastic to begin with, but now are coated in either too much, or not enough paint, depending on which side you look at. <_<

With Ozma, it's all gray, so it doesn't show badly, but a paintjob of that quality on Michael's will look just flat out rotten, because you're trying to cover dark blue with white paint. The only way to properly fix it is to mold the pieces in white to begin with, which they should have figured out from the start.