DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Nobody knows for sure. Right now it's a 'wait and see' game with them. Probably they're going to focus more in the coming months preparing CADs and mockups for the upcoming Macross series if ever. And pray that those Messiah valks will still be featured there so that it will have screen time and reissue/re-release option in the future as a 'cannon fodder' units. And probably will have new decals on it. ^_^

Or you could just keep an eye out on Yahoo Japan Auctions and eBay. ;)

They're pretty expensive even on YAJ. From 1yen starting bid they usually end from 29000yen to 32000yen. I wish I had gotten into this game when these things were first released....

Right now Michael's super parts seem to be really cheap (cheapest of all super Valks). The valk itself on the other hand...

They're pretty expensive even on YAJ. From 1yen starting bid they usually end from 29000yen to 32000yen. I wish I had gotten into this game when these things were first released....

Right now Michael's super parts seem to be really cheap (cheapest of all super Valks). The valk itself on the other hand...

True. I joined the Valk scene too late too. And that's the price to pay on collecting late. :unsure:

True. I joined the Valk scene too late too. And that's the price to pay on collecting late. :unsure:

I paid this price too for getting hooked into collecting late, but the one nice thing is you didn't buy the Ver. 1 then later buy the Ver. 2/Renewals.

Yeah, Bandai pretty much ate a huge loss with those. Fortunately for us (and unfortunately for our wallets) they learned ^_^

(Should clarify.. dunno if it was a financial loss, but a loss of respect for a massively sub-par product, maybe.)

Edited by Chronocidal

A friend has a v1 Alto and Luca on display, and they look good in fighter mode, but he also said they are pretty bad in Gerwalk and Battroid mode.

Yeah I know. I just want to handle one to get a feeling for the toy. :)

Yeah I know. I just want to handle one to get a feeling for the toy. :)

I actually find it's solid almost chunky monkey like. I feels like you can manhandle it without breaking it. Whats not so solid is the way it connects like the hips to the torso. It constantly separates causing your toy to come crashing down.

Edited by Sandman

I actually find it's solid almost chunky monkey like. I feels like you can manhandle it without breaking it. Whats not so solid is the way it connects like the hips to the torso. It constantly separates causing your toy to come crashing down.

But theres been rreports of the plastic cracking and the whole thing breaking apart :(. I wouldnt mind owning one just to see how bad it is, but I wouldnt want to get one just for it to break on me.

But theres been rreports of the plastic cracking and the whole thing breaking apart :(. I wouldnt mind owning one just to see how bad it is, but I wouldnt want to get one just for it to break on me.

The thing that left me scratching my head the hardest about the v.1 VF-25 was that the entire line essentially depended on sloppy enginering, almost as a key gimmick. The way the assorted super/armor parts attached relied on the fact that there was a ton of slop in the leg attachments.

You didn't have to drop the legs one notch at the hip, and raise them one at the knee, because you were expected to just bend the leg around to make the packs fit, without actually detaching or moving any joints. The stresses caused by all this bending and stretching would eventually wind up destroying a lot of the Ozmas, because the huge armor packs would wind up stressing the backplates to the breaking point.

Really, some of the sloppiest engineering I've ever seen in a transforming toy, let alone by Bandai. I don't think they really ever planned on making the super or armor packs to begin with, and then tried to shoehorn them onto a toy never designed to hold them.

Fortunately for us, they finally got wise to what the fans had come to expect from a Macross toy, and adjusted to be competitive with the market. :)

Edited by Chronocidal

Very early on when I restared my collection and before I decided to buy any renewal Frontier Valks I did go check out a few v1 VF-25 that a guy was selling locally and they were just a mess.. Quite disappointing actually. If new I wouldn't expect to pay even up to 50% of what the renewal asking price was! They gave me a similar impression to the v1 Yamato stuff I had years earlier. Id say Bandai made them on a more strict budget then to relize afterwards that a more advanced version would have great potential out in the market! And they would have been correct!

I agree! I love the Tornado in gerwalk mode.

tJ5JWs7h.jpg

I wasnt too interested in the Tornadoo pack but your pics convinced me I need them. Thanks guys :).

The thing that left me scratching my head the hardest about the v.1 VF-25 was that the entire line essentially depended on sloppy enginering, almost as a key gimmick. The way the assorted super/armor parts attached relied on the fact that there was a ton of slop in the leg attachments.

You didn't have to drop the legs one notch at the hip, and raise them one at the knee, because you were expected to just bend the leg around to make the packs fit, without actually detaching or moving any joints. The stresses caused by all this bending and stretching would eventually wind up destroying a lot of the Ozmas, because the huge armor packs would wind up stressing the backplates to the breaking point.

Really, some of the sloppiest engineering I've ever seen in a transforming toy, let alone by Bandai. I don't think they really ever planned on making the super or armor packs to begin with, and then tried to shoehorn them onto a toy never designed to hold them.

Fortunately for us, they finally got wise to what the fans had come to expect from a Macross toy, and adjusted to be competitive with the market. :)

Ugh. Sounds bad. I'm afraid the VF-27 Super Part's wings will get stressed due to how much it takes to get those pegged into the legs (ye I dropped the gerwalk hip down one and knee up one like you do with the VF-25s. Also I've looked and I cant find anything in the instructions of the VF-25 armors that tell you how to transform it correctly into Fighter mode with the armors on. Thats just dumb. Especially since they changed leg placement in that mode..

I wasnt too interested in the Tornadoo pack but your pics convinced me I need them. Thanks guys :).

Ugh. Sounds bad. I'm afraid the VF-27 Super Part's wings will get stressed due to how much it takes to get those pegged into the legs (ye I dropped the gerwalk hip down one and knee up one like you do with the VF-25s. Also I've looked and I cant find anything in the instructions of the VF-25 armors that tell you how to transform it correctly into Fighter mode with the armors on. Thats just dumb. Especially since they changed leg placement in that mode..

Here's a few more pics if you need just that extra bump on the Tornado Packs. :D

14773053523_e82ff94835_h.jpg

14559762069_2c9ece7534_h.jpg

14766265763_0d37518db8_h.jpg

15063646496_5642c6232b_h.jpg

15086210875_0eff1f07aa_h.jpg

15083196851_2f91af9ad2_h.jpg

14913220480_b8ba1a424a_h.jpg

Ugh...now I need to source these...

The tornado parts are quite nice. :)

Awesome photos Saburo! Just awesome! :wub:

I take these are old pics seeing that you've dropped the reflective surface effect..?

Thanks Spanner! Yes, you are correct they are old pics, these were taken a year ago. :) I haven't dropped the reflective surface completely. It may show up again. :lol:

Edited by Saburo

Hey guys, Just moved in a new couch and I accidentally bumped my display shelf holding my 25F and it took a MASSIVE shelf dive. Surprisingly to find, the hinge that swivels for transformation to the arm broke. :wacko:

k51to8.jpg

And apparently everything else was in perfect condition. Am i lucky or something?

Edited by Hikaru1234567890

Hey guys, Just moved in a new couch and I accidentally bumped my display shelf holding my 25F and it took a MASSIVE shelf dive. Surprisingly to find, the hinge that swivels for transformation to the arm broke. :wacko:

k51to8.jpg

And apparently everything else was in perfect condition. Am i lucky or something?

Ouch. Sorry to hear what happened. Was that the joint that connects from the shoulder to the upper arm?

k51to8.jpg

yuck! :o sorry to hear of your misfortune.. :( goes to show how dangerous moving furniture is! Hope you manage to put it back together some how..