DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

*snip*

EDIT: can someone post a photo of a vf25 next to a 1:48 vf-1 so that I can envision what they look like together? I would really appreciate it. I worry that the 1:48 I have will dwarf the new models too much.

I don't have an actual 1/48 VF-1 Valk but I hope thru numbers I can help you. 1/48 VF-1 stands roughly around 26.4cm (or up) at the top of his head (lasers not included). DX VF-25F Renewal stands around 24cm at the top of his head. And a 1/60 VF-1 stands around 21.5cm at the top of his head.

I did created a mockup via Photoshop from photo I found online and just duplicate the VF-1 and resize it to match a 1/48 figure height. It might probably dwarf the VF-25's since the VF-1's are more wider and chunkier looking than the VF-25's which are more sleekier and slim looking.

Anyways, hope that helps. ;)

post-5552-0-79689300-1417680292_thumb.jpg

Actually no, didn't have it in my PW yet. Latest email is that they'll cancel it for me as they have no stock. I checked my account and sure enough, no ozma order. Its like it never happened.

I'm bummed but also relieved.

Man that sucks. Did you manage to get one elsewhere though?

Man that sucks. Did you manage to get one elsewhere though?

Nope. To be honest though, Ozma doesn't do it for me unless he's armored. And that was never likely to happen. It was more the thrill of the hunt I guess.

I'll channel the funds elsewhere so it's all a matter of perspective.

Nope. To be honest though, Ozma doesn't do it for me unless he's armored. And that was never likely to happen. It was more the thrill of the hunt I guess.

I'll channel the funds elsewhere so it's all a matter of perspective.

Fair enough. Freed up funds is always a nice thing. Heh.

I'm having problem with Fedex. My item is being detained because NY quoted my $150 toy as gift and worth 2000 yen only, which I did not request them to do. Did anyone had this problem before?

Yep, it saves us Canadians a lot of customs & duties that way! However, mine is held up in Customs, the status says "Rentention Period" after Customs - what does that mean? Its been there for 2 days. In fact its been in Canada for 4 days! Argh, hate our post office and government here!

Is this my best option to get Ozma at the lowest cost? I'm late in the game and have been waiting for Bandai reissue.

Right now available will be NY or you go through Amazon JP. Amazon JP you need to use forwarding agent. I am not sure about other places like Mandarake as I don't use it. If you can wait a bit, you can try monitoring CDJapan, Hobby Search and Amiami in the hope they received some additional stock and put it up again, but will be slim and the stock will most likely go fast.

Right now available will be NY or you go through Amazon JP. Amazon JP you need to use forwarding agent. I am not sure about other places like Mandarake as I don't use it. If you can wait a bit, you can try monitoring CDJapan, Hobby Search and Amiami in the hope they received some additional stock and put it up again, but will be slim and the stock will most likely go fast.

Thank you for the info. I can't wait to got one in hand.

Got my shipping notification from CD Japan today for the Ozma I snagged a couple days ago -- a serendipitous replacement for the one that got cancelled by Play-Asia, and despite getting fleeced by P-A on the refund, the end result actually saved me money. Now it's a race to see which arrives first, the one from N-Y that's been in transit for about a week, or CDJ's... both SAL.

I'm having problem with Fedex. My item is being detained because NY quoted my $150 toy as gift and worth 2000 yen only, which I did not request them to do. Did anyone had this problem before?

Get in contact with Fedex or Nippon-Yasan, and see what changes they can do to clear it. Maybe they can fax and email them another Commercial Invoice with the higher amount.

Key words to use on the Commodity Description is REDUCED-SCALE MODEL OR TOYS. And since N-Y said it's worth 2000 yen. just tell them to make one for 20,000 yen. It'll be like they forgot 0.

But on the USPS side, I just received my EMS VF-25s from Anime-export, Shipped on 12/01/14 , received today 12/04/14 at 10:49am. Love SF Customs.

Edited by F360

Finally received my N-Y Ozma shipped Registered SAL to Singapore. Can't believe it took this long.

I spent a couple of hours this morning transforming my used 1st release Ozma for the first time. The joints were so freaking tight and the neckplate didn't want to slide out properly.

Got my cancellation notice from PA too. A shame really, but no biggie as I wasn't very confident with them to begin with.

Sorry to hear about all the crap some of you have to deal with them.

Used my CC too, so no charges were made (never ever pay upfront for preorders if possible).

At least I got my 3 pieces on the way, so I guess it all worked out well.

My PA preorder would also have been a credit-card charge, and the amount due was blocked prior to the release.

In the meantime, I was also notified several days ago that my order was cancelled due to lack of stock. However, today I'm finding out that those PA a-holes have still blocked the total charge on my credit-card: it's not actually deducted, but it's still a block on my line of credit.

I'll give PA a couple of days to fix it, but if this doesn't change soon I'll have to contact my CC-company, and I'll see if they can deal with PA, like stopping them from being able to pre-charge CC-cards.

What is this about needing a an agent to order though Amazon.jp? I haven't ordered from them in several years, but in the past I was able to order directly without any issues.

What is this about needing a an agent to order though Amazon.jp? I haven't ordered from them in several years, but in the past I was able to order directly without any issues.

what barurutor says. Amazon.JP wont accept International order. You can place them in carts but when checking out, they will notify you that the item you selected cant be shipped to that address.

So you need either a Forwarder or a Proxy to receive the item in Japan and have them ship it internationally.

Just received my VF-25S Renewal, and it's a thing of beauty. I could have hugged the delivery girl (I didn't, but I think I probably scared her a little gushing about it whilst signing for it). Anyway, Thanks again to davidwhangchoi for giving me the link, and all the other moral supporters here. I hope all of you have good luck getting yours. Thanks also to Nippon-Yasan...you gouged me on shipping, but I love ya anyways! I'm off to transform my awesome new toy.

Just on Mandarake: I'm sure i have mentioned this before, but i have never had any trouble with them or their opened stock EVER. i have bought Multiple Valks and Countless SH Figuarts, and in all that time had one problem: My Ozma 25S had a broken Gunpod (The hatch that opens up was broken at the hinge.) I emailed them and they sent me out a new, unbroken unit with my next order from that store, no questions asked.

A great online retailer, worth every cent.

Yeah SF customs is the best for me also, cannot stand the LA customs office lol. My stuff will always land in LA unless I choose EMS. :(

I didn't know this. Now I realize why all my Registered SAL orders goes to LA instead of SF. And my OZMA is still sitting there since the Dec.1. Oh well... :unsure:

Just on Mandarake: I'm sure i have mentioned this before, but i have never had any trouble with them or their opened stock EVER. i have bought Multiple Valks and Countless SH Figuarts, and in all that time had one problem: My Ozma 25S had a broken Gunpod (The hatch that opens up was broken at the hinge.) I emailed them and they sent me out a new, unbroken unit with my next order from that store, no questions asked.

A great online retailer, worth every cent.

That's a great service indeed. Happy with Mandarake too. ;) Btw, did you return the one you bought from them or they just sent you an extra gunpod? Still, great service.

Woohoo!!!! Finally got my VF-25S to complete my collection. Man, I didn't realize how dark this thing is - all the pictures show it much lighter. Hey, does this re-issue of the renewal have the 30th Anniversary sticker? Mine didn't come with one on the box, is it supposed to? Also the nose cone seems to have a gap only on the port side and no matter how I push it in, it doesn't close up completely. Not as tight as the VF-25A which all lines up perfectly, but still nice! Best colour scheme though!!! So excited, can't wait to dress it up in the Armours.

Woohoo!!!! Finally got my VF-25S to complete my collection. Man, I didn't realize how dark this thing is - all the pictures show it much lighter. Hey, does this re-issue of the renewal have the 30th Anniversary sticker? Mine didn't come with one on the box, is it supposed to? Also the nose cone seems to have a gap only on the port side and no matter how I push it in, it doesn't close up completely. Not as tight as the VF-25A which all lines up perfectly, but still nice! Best colour scheme though!!! So excited, can't wait to dress it up in the Armours.

Congratulations on getting your 25S! No 30th Anniversary Sticker on my reissue.

Can't wait to see your weathered version. :D

Wow! I love this grey scheme. Now I know what all the fuss is about, its the first time I'm tempted to want more than one of anything. If it goes on sale for cheap (I mean MSRP :p then it will be hard to resist. I can't believe how much better it looks in just greys. ... swoosh!