DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

It's official, I've been shafted by Play-Asia :angry:. They sent me the cancellation notice and a subsequent PayPal refund offer with the 2.9% charge, which I haven't accepted yet as I feel it's bull$hit... why should I lose money for their F**k-up? I should've known better than to give these ass-wipes a second chance (this marks the second time they've done this to me). I've been scouring their site for in-stock items I can use as a dollar-for-dollar substitution instead, but haven't found anything that stands out. Play-Asia is officially on my avoid-like-the-plague list... never again.

I'm so glad I did not cancel my N-Y pre-order (ended up costing only about $6.00 more than P-A would have) in the hopes on HLJ getting additional stock...

I feel your pain. Same happened to me.

Sorry to read that, guys. We should all blacklist Play-Asia.

Sorry to read that, guys. We should all blacklist Play-Asia.

Was it their first big macross PO for them?

mean we should have seen this coming way ahead. Everyone mentioned PA's PO was opened for way too long and we basically knew that placing an order then would result in nothing. If you ask me its 50-50 for them keeping it open that long and just the people who know still order from PA knowing that the PO was opened for way too long.

It's official, I've been shafted by Play-Asia :angry:. They sent me the cancellation notice and a subsequent PayPal refund offer with the 2.9% charge, which I haven't accepted yet as I feel it's bull$hit... why should I lose money for their F**k-up? I should've known better than to give these ass-wipes a second chance (this marks the second time they've done this to me). I've been scouring their site for in-stock items I can use as a dollar-for-dollar substitution instead, but haven't found anything that stands out. Play-Asia is officially on my avoid-like-the-plague list... never again.

I'm so glad I did not cancel my N-Y pre-order (ended up costing only about $6.00 more than P-A would have) in the hopes on HLJ getting additional stock...

I would fight the 2.9% fee tooth and nail. What's it for, a restocking fee? There was no stock. They have no business charging a fee on something they could not deliver. I understand if you changed your mind and they actually had worked and gotten the item in stock. But to charge a fee for nothing? Nope, not ok at all.

I would imagine the fee is because they bank the funds and likely due to PayPal's terms and conditions, for them to "refund" your money back would result in them having to pay the PayPal fee. Essentially, it's no longer a refund but a payment they're making to you. They figure someone's gotta pay the fee, so I'm guessing they're passing it on to you.

That's the theory at least. Surely PayPal would have something set up with merchants to honor a refund transaction and not charge fees though. I'd be contacting PayPal, quick smart to see what they can help with (if anything).

I'd be pretty angry too if I'd PO'd through PlayAsia, didn't get my order, AND got charged a 2.9% fee. Not cool.

I may just pay their fee and consider it the price for gambling on a cheap deal, I don't think it's really significant enough to try and dispute.

For those who did use Paypal though, there might be plenty of time to just dispute it on their side. They've got a pretty generous chargeback policy, I remember seeing up to 180 days at one point. Whether that's only for certain retailers though, I can't say.

Yeah, the 180 days is new, it didn't start yet when people were paying for their preorder, so I think they were stuck at the 60 days for full refund without fee. It couldn't hurt to contact paypal for dispute, post it on their Facebook page along with Play-asia to force a quicker reply from them. If that doesn't work, contact your creditcard / bank for a chargeback for your original paypal transaction, nothing was shipped so they should be able to push the Chargeback easy.

I did not use paypal for my play-asia.

It's definitely a PayPal transaction fee thing that Play-Asia does not want to eat, which by all rights they should. I tried the PayPal dispute rout and got boned there too because the transaction is older than 45 days. I think I'm going to try my CC next as that was my PayPal funding source. But again, having the charge date back to early August might prove a problem.

Edited by mechaninac

It's definitely a PayPal transaction fee thing that Play-Asia does not want to eat, which by all rights they should. I tried the PayPal dispute rout and got boned there too because the transaction is older than 45 days. I think I'm going to try my CC next as that was my PayPal funding source. But again, having the charge date back to early August might prove a problem.

No it's not, when you give a full refund, the fee is refunded. That's basically a swindle move in order to make money off orders they won't fulfill.

Ok, I had sometime to play, I mean analyze, run transformation and flight simulations with the Ozma reissue. ;) As far as I can tell, there are no issues, the wings are flat, all the joints are tight, no paint issues and the wing root hinges feel tighter. I swapped over the Armored Parts over to the reissue since it was a bit tighter than the one I had.

No it's not, when you give a full refund, the fee is refunded. That's basically a swindle move in order to make money off orders they won't fulfill.

I don't doubt that that could be the case. All the more reason to let it be known far and wide that these MF'ers at Play-Asia should be driven out of business. Nobody within our circles should ever purchase anything from them, ever. However, at this point, these crooks hold all the cards; I'm out of the money, and trying to collect from halfway around the world will be utterly futile... checked my records and saw that I paid with Bill-me-Later, now PayPal credit, so no CC to have my back on this. In the end I'll have to settle for getting store credit on an item(s) I didn't intend to purchase, or suffer the 2.9% reduction in a refund; it's a lose lose proposition.

Ok, I had sometime to play, I mean analyze, run transformation and flight simulations with the Ozma reissue. ;) As far as I can tell, there are no issues, the wings are flat, all the joints are tight, no paint issues and the wing root hinges feel tighter. I swapped over the Armored Parts over to the reissue since it was a bit tighter than the one I had.

Are the wing gloves undersides painted like the original Renewal issue, or did Bandai mold them in the correct plastic color as they've done in their post 25G releases?

I don't doubt that that could be the case. All the more reason to let it be known far and wide that these MF'ers at Play-Asia should be driven out of business. Nobody within our circles should ever purchase anything from them, ever. However, at this point, these crooks hold all the cards; I'm out of the money, and trying to collect from halfway around the world will be utterly futile... checked my records and saw that I paid with Bill-me-Later, now PayPal credit, so no CC to have my back on this. In the end I'll have to settle for getting store credit on an item(s) I didn't intend to purchase, or suffer the 2.9% reduction in a refund; it's a lose lose proposition.

Are the wing gloves undersides painted like the original Renewal issue, or did Bandai mold them in the correct plastic color as they've done in their post 25G releases?

All of the Paypal credit services are by Synchrony bank, I would go to them.

For those of you that gotten a VF-25 and is need of the renewal Super Parts, or just want the renewal super parts

BBTS in the USA still have The Super Parts listed at $91.

I think they only have 1 left.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BAN14076&mode=retail

No more, someone just brought the last one.

Edited by F360

This. I use Paypal to process card transaction at my office, and when issuing a refund Paypal also refunds their fee. Even a partial refund will result in Paypal refunding the proportionate share of the fee. There's absolutely no reason for Play-Asia to be demanding their customers cover a 2.9% for any refund. That's just a horrible practice, I hope everyone is able to get their full and proper refund from PA.

This. I use Paypal to process card transaction at my office, and when issuing a refund Paypal also refunds their fee. Even a partial refund will result in Paypal refunding the proportionate share of the fee. There's absolutely no reason for Play-Asia to be demanding their customers cover a 2.9% for any refund. That's just a horrible practice, I hope everyone is able to get their full and proper refund from PA.

I think there's a limit on the Full refund from paypal There's a 60 day limit on issuing the refund ( in those 60 days all fee will also be refund) But after the 60 says. the refund button will be gone and if the store need to do a refund they will need to do it as a separate transaction, in that case paypal will charge their standard fee on the receiver.

But knowing that, a Good Honest store should refund you the amount + the estimate paypal fee so when you get the money back form paypal, it wil be the same amount that you sent.

If sending $500.00, the amount that will go to fees is $14.80 and the recipient will receive $485.20. That's2.96% going to fees, effectively.

To receive $500.00, a payment of $515.24 should be sent. $15.24 will go to fees. That's 2.96% in fees, effectively.

So Play-Asia should be sending out $515.24 to cover for the paypal fees.

So it looks like even my "desperation" (at the time) preorders i didn't think would see the light of day (from yesasia) are coming through....i'm going to have too many ozmas! If by chance NY runs out before people who couldn't get a hold of one want one, i will be selling (in a week or so when it shows up) a couple ozmas at my cost.

Just as the original renewal release the reissue renewal wing gloves are painted.

Edited by Saburo

Guest davidwhangchoi

So it looks like even my "desperation" (at the time) preorders i didn't think would see the light of day (from yesasia) are coming through....i'm going to have too many ozmas! If by chance NY runs out before people who couldn't get a hold of one want one, i will be selling (in a week or so when it shows up) a couple ozmas at my cost.

sorry mecha, thought i replied to your pm 2 weeks ago... glad you got your valks :)

I think there's a limit on the Full refund from paypal There's a 60 day limit on issuing the refund ( in those 60 days all fee will also be refund) But after the 60 says. the refund button will be gone and if the store need to do a refund they will need to do it as a separate transaction, in that case paypal will charge their standard fee on the receiver.

Ahhh, that's right, there's only 60 days to issue the refund. I completely forgot about that as I've never had to issue one after that time period. Was PA requiring upfront payment on all preoders? In any case it's as you say, PA should still be refunding people their full amounts. If they didn't want to take the potential hit in fees (and there's a high potential considering Bandai's track record on filling retailer orders on these valks, haha), they shouldn't have taken people's money upfront.

Congrats to everyone who received their Ozma valks. I'm still waiting from NY shipping. Last update it was still in Japan. Hopefully it will arrive this week since I just used their Registered SAL option. Also, I got an order cancellation reply as well from Play-Asia on my back-up Ozma order. I used my credit card directly instead of paypal. So far, I haven't seen any Play-Asia trancsaction on my credit card activity. But I still need to double check tomorrow since our internet is not doing ok tonight. Keeps on lagging. Hope everyone will get their paypal fee back from PA.

@Keiichi

I think they just charged your credit card when the item is in stock.

Edited by no3ljm

Got my cancellation notice from PA too. A shame really, but no biggie as I wasn't very confident with them to begin with.
Sorry to hear about all the crap some of you have to deal with them.

Used my CC too, so no charges were made (never ever pay upfront for preorders if possible).

At least I got my 3 pieces on the way, so I guess it all worked out well.

Got my cancellation notice from PA too. A shame really, but no biggie as I wasn't very confident with them to begin with.

Sorry to hear about all the crap some of you have to deal with them.

Used my CC too, so no charges were made (never ever pay upfront for preorders if possible).

At least I got my 3 pieces on the way, so I guess it all worked out well.

hmmm there is probably some good argument to be had with this but still I gotta say overall I have probably had more success with up front payment pre-orders than with "bill you later when stock arrives" pre-orders..

From how I see it the re-seller would give those folks who threw down the cash early, priority when 'what ever it happens to be' stock finally comes in..

but in saying that I am fully aware that there are never any concrete guarantees you'll get what you ordered when it comes to pre-orders.. :unsure:

Edited by spanner76

Yep, I got the Play Asia e-mail too about not being able to get the item. I got my refund minus the paypal fee others have talked about. I sent PA an e-mail asking them to refund the rest of the difference, but we will see how that goes.

Let us know, as I got the same email from them. They claim that the charge is due to the order exceeding 90 days. Shady practice.

Good news, though: I got my shipped notification from NY, so I'm breathing an enormous sigh of relief and joy. Thanks to David, for pointing the way, and the others here for the moral support.

Edited by M'Kyuun