DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Hey guys, been lurking for a bit. I've collected from the 1/48 and 1/60 line, but collecting from the renewal series is ridiculous. Over two years and still can't order an Ozma lee. I did manage to order a VF25G, but unfortunately the crotch piece broke, so now it can't stand. I only transformed it once, into battroid mode, and displayed it in that mode for about a year. Any suggestions on how to fix it? Thanks and sorry if this is the incorrect place to post this message.

Yup. PIcture would be nice. ^_^

As for Ozma's 25S, try your luck on pre-ordering at Play-Asia since most of the pre-orders from the major shops are already closed. But it's not a guarantee if we can get it from there since up to now they're still accepting pre-orders with out limit, where it should be close now assuming a lot of people and scalpers already placed bulk orders with them. :lol:

http://www.play-asia.com/dx-chogokin-macross-frontier-vf-25s-messiah-valkyrie-ozma-lee-cu-paOS-13-49-en-70-81rx.html

Edited by no3ljm

Guest davidwhangchoi

???

As for Ozma's 25S, try your luck on pre-ordering at Play-Asia since most of the pre-orders from the major shops are already closed. But it's not a guarantee if we can get it from there since up to now they're still accepting pre-orders with out limit, where it should be close now assuming a lot of people and scalpers already placed bulk orders with them. :lol:

http://www.play-asia.com/dx-chogokin-macross-frontier-vf-25s-messiah-valkyrie-ozma-lee-cu-paOS-13-49-en-70-81rx.html

(every time there's something that doesn't make sense i'm going to post:)

???

???

(every time there's something that doesn't make sense i'm going to post:)

???

Ouch.

:lol:

True story, I used to have a boss that would sent that via email. And I swore I'd never do that once I was promoted to a leadership position. Then low and behold I'd get some truly, jaw dropping, you've got to be kidding me, dumb questions or statements. And out came the "???".

So ouch and :lol: indeed.

It's been open for days. I doubt that many frontier valks were ever made... period. haha

Right!

-b.

Just put in my pre-order with Play-Asia. I've never ordered with them before, so I hope there are no issues. At $142, it's still reasonably priced, and I've been wanting this valk since Frontier came out. Anyway, they took my money; they'd better give me my toy!

This is beginning to remind me of the forever open RVF-25 preorders at Hobbyfan. Only 5% of the preorders were fulfilled there.

It'd be a safer bet to get a refund and then wait until late October / early November when retailers get their actual allotment numbers.

If the last two releases were any indication preorders did open up again at various sites and the majority of people were able to secure the valks at or even below retail.

Yup. PIcture would be nice. ^_^

Hi thanks for the play asia suggestion. Made my order.

This vf25g stood on its own in a display case. Didnt swoosh it or anything. I only noticed the crack when i was thinking it was time switch it back to jet mode. Sure enough it was broken.

Here are the photos:

post-10350-0-69691400-1407897277_thumb.jpg

post-10350-0-00597200-1407897301_thumb.jpg

post-10350-0-30179600-1407897326_thumb.jpg

post-10350-0-38227200-1407897351_thumb.jpg

I dunno what it is with valks and some pieces just completely exploding. That's painful. :(

Fortunately, if you could actually manage to get the thing apart, that seems like it would be a really easy part to come up with a replacement for. It's just a bar with two holes in it.

Chronocidal is right, if the assembly can be take apart, that part looks to be easily repairable with plastic weld, or easily replaced with a substitute carved out of styrene block, or swapped with a Shapeways facsimile. Still sucks that it sheared right at the hinge pin like that... yet one more thing to keep an eye out for with these Bandai DXs.

Chronocidal is right, if the assembly can be take apart, that part looks to be easily repairable with plastic weld, or easily replaced with a substitute carved out of styrene block, or swapped with a Shapeways facsimile. Still sucks that it sheared right at the hinge pin like that... yet one more thing to keep an eye out for with these Bandai DXs.

the whole front fuselage can be easily disassembled after removing the pins (this is the hardest part, and so far I am not successful) then everything are just screws, there are no glues.

seeing that broken plastic has a big area, Plastic weld will easily solve this once fully dis-assembled.

Seems play Asia finally closed their preorder.

Would love to know how many units have been ordered with them.

And will most likely be only about 5,000 short of filling all orders, give or take a dozen or so. :)

As long as they left the order open, at least.

I feel sorry for their customer service folks who will have to answer a gazillion emails about cancelled orders because they couldn't secure enough stock.

-b.

The downside (for my wallet) to this is that while continuing to hunt for an Ozma, I've ordered a Luca Ghost Super Parts set, a Isamu Durandal, a Prophecy, and a YF-30, lol. On the up side, I now have a Luca Ghost Super Parts set, Isamu Durandal, Prophecy, and YF-30 ordered :). Oh, and I think I snagged an Alto Renewal as well finally. I did resist a few purchases, honest!!!

The downside (for my wallet) to this is that while continuing to hunt for an Ozma, I've ordered a Luca Ghost Super Parts set, a Isamu Durandal, a Prophecy, and a YF-30, lol. On the up side, I now have a Luca Ghost Super Parts set, Isamu Durandal, Prophecy, and YF-30 ordered :). Oh, and I think I snagged an Alto Renewal as well finally. I did resist a few purchases, honest!!!

so the question is, where you abel to get an Ozma :p

Guest davidwhangchoi

i'm not going to make fun of people who pre-ordered bc there's no risk involved. as i would be in for a pre-order just for a cancellation.

i'm just going to laugh at those who later complain their order didn't go through... despite the multiple warnings and then state: we have some truly dumb clueless people on the internet.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

so the question is, where you abel to get an Ozma :p

No damnit! lol. I'm still hunting, which is why I'm still finding other stuff I want. Bandai's strategy is working quite well on me, grrrr. On the plus side, I've gotten decent prices on most of them.