DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

I just took mine out of the box to examine it and one thing that came to mind while handling it is that this has got to be the first Bandai release I've ever gotten where the toy isn't covered in grease. I can't find any on it, in fact.

The recent YF-29 Ozma didn't have much, but it was extraordinarily stubborn to remove. Some parts of it still repel ink when trying to panel-line.

I had to add stripes to my 25A. I couldn't take the no stripes :0

Still need to do some clean up on some corners but I think it looks way better :0

Nice job on that. Personally, I think it would be better if the stripes were a dark olive like the vert. stabs/piece infront of canopy or that green-ish colour on the front part of the top of the legs. But, this still looks good. Breaks up the plainness of the valk.

White stripes would look good too, I think. I may well do that with mine. I'd really like to panel line my 25A as well, but my experience with Warhammer doesn't exactly translate well to a project like this. Such as, if you screw up, how do you fix it without messing with the existing paint and printing? I can't just dump the thing in Simple Green to strip it, after all.

I had to add stripes to my 25A. I couldn't take the no stripes :0

Still need to do some clean up on some corners but I think it looks way better :0

Nice job! Even though I like the 25A as is, the additional color really does make the Valkyrie "pop" in Fighter mode.

Nice job on that. Personally, I think it would be better if the stripes were a dark olive like the vert. stabs/piece infront of canopy or that green-ish colour on the front part of the top of the legs. But, this still looks good. Breaks up the plainness of the valk.

Check out the paint job Macross Junkie did as well (IIRC, apologies to all if I'm remembering the wrong member!!!), he was able to match the colors and his Valk is beautiful as well.

White stripes would look good too, I think. I may well do that with mine. I'd really like to panel line my 25A as well, but my experience with Warhammer doesn't exactly translate well to a project like this. Such as, if you screw up, how do you fix it without messing with the existing paint and printing? I can't just dump the thing in Simple Green to strip it, after all.

Yeah, I actually tried with a used 25A that I bought using a gunmetal grey and some random shade of blue and I messed it up (naturally) and ended up stripping some of the factory paint when I used alcohol to remove what I'd done.

Needless to say that Valk is posed in Battroid now so as you can't see the result of my over zealous foolishness. :lol:

A nice dark gray would be cool.

It's odd how the 25-a had no tampo and the prophecy has tons of it.

Right! That was the feedback most people gave when the 25A was released, great Valk as far as fit and finish but severely lacking in the paint apps department.

-b.

Check out the paint job Macross Junkie did as well (IIRC, apologies to all if I'm remembering the wrong member!!!), he was able to match the colors and his Valk is beautiful as well.

Right! That was the feedback most people gave when the 25A was released, great Valk as far as fit and finish but severely lacking in the paint apps department.

-b.

Yep. I've seen it. It was MJ. He painted stripes on the nose area. Beside the lerx. Both paintjobs are nice honestly cause I agree that it's really lacking in paint apps.

My PC at home is still broken, but once it gets fixed, I will try to try those vector program for decal creation (hopefully it is easy for someone who never tried it before) Hopefully, there are good but free software out there since licensed programs are really expensive.

Initial thoughts on masking those line, I think it is do-able (there are panel lines to follow so it helps provide a hard cutoff) but the problem is the tolerance for error. Once you messed up, it is hard to correct unlike with Model kit that you can easily dis-assemble the parts so maybe the Decal creation is "easier".

anyway, I found this high res PNG of a converted 1/72 model decal. Roughly speaking it needs a few trimming here and there, but at least, the overall shape is okay.

http://rokkudecals.wordpress.com/decal-designs/macross-series-%E3%83%9E%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AD%E3%82%B9/macross-valkyrie-designs/

The recent YF-29 Ozma didn't have much, but it was extraordinarily stubborn to remove. Some parts of it still repel ink when trying to panel-line.

what do u guys use to remove grease btw? i feel like anythign that would remove the grease to a satisfactory level would also remove the paint/tampos etc.

I just use a damp cloth and a little dishwashing soap. ^_^

I also have a question on the VF-25's shoulder part. Sorry, if this is already been asked, but I was wondering on how to remove the white (I have 25F) shoulder armor part from the diecast? I want to tighten one of the shoulder since it's kinda loose. And it's the right arm so basically everytime I pose him with his gunpad, the shoulder/arm just stay down. I did try removing it, but I'm not sure if I'm doing it the proper way. Don't want to force the plastic nor stress it. Can't seem to find a screw hole on that plastic part so I'm not sure how to remove it. Any suggestions?

Thanks. :)

I have 4 already.....i dont know if i need other. :s

Do it. It's my 5th (6th if you count one I sold last year).

(2) open/on display, (2) MISB, with this one sitting in my Private Warehouse (well, once I get the invoice to pay)

-b.

Do it. It's my 5th (6th if you count one I sold last year).

(2) open/on display, (2) MISB, with this one sitting in my Private Warehouse (well, once I get the invoice to pay)

-b.

I dont know.....i have to save some money (next month i will go on vacation to New YOrk) men this is hard to resist....just today arrive 3 of my 4 VF-25F.... :( this is hard.