DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

I'm going to keep my two on order, still think it's cool to get a fodder scheme for the VF-25.

It's a long shot, but it would be cool if Bandai included some decals for some custom versions.

Either way, I have a few naval 1/72 decals that may find their way onto these birds...

I am not really dumping my pre-orders. I have 1x paid for via CDJ. Was a bit more after shipping cost than I really wanted to pay but better than NY in price. The one I have at HLJ is a good price and I will keep that one. But I am on the fence on the last one that I have at NY. I feel if I cancel that one, then wait it out they should drop in price like all of the other non hero/mainline valks have thus far possibly saving some cash.

I think the VF-25A is a beautiful Valk. I won't be getting any Super Packs for it though, I think it looks much better bare.

Graham

I think it's beautiful too, and as far as I'm concerned, it's the only valk that has a more realistic military paint scheme than the others with the only exception being Ozma's. If they come out with Super Packs for it, I will get those as well.

I have a feeling that this valk won't be reissued with all the cancellations and especially if it doesn't sell as well as the others. Right now, it's kind of bad timing with the YF-19 2.0 coming out and people waiting for the Ozma reissue. I think those two factors may end up hurting the sales of the this valk, that, and the fact that it's not a "Hero" valk.

-Kyp

... that's why I don't like buying from vendors that charge upfront. It's much easier to reconsider a preorder when no money's been exchanged. The best advice I can give is to send CDJ a very politely worded email inquiring about the possibility of cancellation and refund.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i ordered from cdj first time as well for the vf-25a i thought it was pretty cheap shipping pricing, it was 14000 +1700 yen SAL shipping = 15700 yen total. definately a good price since hlj offered it for 14000yen as well.

just waiting for it to ship... looks really good in the photos... i guess i will have to see it in person to give a final opinion. i really like the colors...

I hope ozma (if it comes out) doesn't coincide with the yf-19, if it does, you know bandai wants competition.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

i ordered from cdj first time as well for the vf-25a i thought it was pretty cheap shipping pricing, it was 14000 +1700 yen SAL shipping = 15700 yen total. definately a good price since hlj offered it for 14000yen as well.

just waiting for it to ship... looks really good in the photos... i guess i will have to see it in person to give a final opinion. i really like the colors...

I hope ozma (if it comes out) doesn't coincide with the yf-19, if it does, you know bandai wants competition.

As much as it will pain me to do so, I will pick the YF-19 over Ozma.

-Kyp

To be honest, I am just hoping there are reissues of the renewals for the VF-25S and VF-25G. I regret my decision not to purchase them and keeping the v1 of them. My macross collecting days are ending as my hope is for the SDF-1 TV version. Of course the Arcadia YF-19 version blows my socks off. I was happy with the YF-19 that yamato made despite the negative comments as well as actual problems. I didnt encounter them and so here knows my yamato collection is pretty extensive.

Lately, they haven't responded to any of my emails too. They just do it but don't send a confirmation or reply when it's done. I've asked them in the recent past to change shipping methods or other things and later, when I log into my account, I find they did it even though they didn't respond. I haven't tried to cancel anything with them yet, but they've done just about everything else I've asked. Have you already checked your orders to see if it was cancelled?

I am trying to cancel my preorder as it'll probably be widely available from my local retailers...how come NY doesn't even respond to cancellation emails? Is that normal?

I haven't tried to cancel an order through NY, but I have had to change my order qty. Initially send the an email and no repsonse. I finally gave their live chat a try and was able to have them change an order qty. Hope this helps.

Guest davidwhangchoi

just got my item charged update from CD Japan for the vf-25a.

looks like they got an update from their distributor and bumped up the shipping date from 10/19 to 10/12

i'm getting ready

quote:

Hi. Thank you for shopping at CDJapan.

We have just received an update from
the distributor.
The release date of the following item(s) has
been changed from 2013/10/19 to 2013/10/12.
=============================================
NEOGDS-90706
Figure/Doll / DX Chogokin Theatrical Feature Macross F (Frontier) Sayonara no Tsubasa VF-25A Messiah Valkyrie (Normal Type)
GOODS 14000yen Released : 2013/10/12

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Considering the VF-171CF, RVF-25, and currently the VF-27 Breara... I'm getting an ever-increasing impulse to cancel my 14K Yen, HLJ, preorder in favor of a wait and see approach; HS's 12,180 Yen price, if they restock, in addition to AmiAmi and others' discounts if/when available, look tempting and likely.

Considering the VF-171CF, RVF-25, and currently the VF-27 Breara... I'm getting an ever-increasing impulse to cancel my 14K Yen, HLJ, preorder in favor of a wait and see approach; HS's 12,180 Yen price, if they restock, in addition to AmiAmi and others' discounts if/when available, look tempting and likely.

HS reduces their discount for non pre-order items. There's a pre-order discount price and after release price. The VF-25A will be about 13,000 plus yen after release.

Since HS's shipping tends to be higher than HLJ for the same items, you might end up paying the same amount.

Edited by IXTL

Why are people suddenly canceling their orders? Did something happen?

A lot of the VF-25A was pre-ordered at retail or more. Due to the other releases falling below retail, there is a good chance to get it at a lower price after release.

I wish we knew the production numbers, that would help out. I already have the CDJ one paid for, but NY and HLJ are not paid off yet. It really does seem like the releases that are not based on the main heroes do sit around.The alto 171 seemed pretty easy to get also, maybe because it was not his VF-25 dunno.