DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Well, I was very excited today when I got home to my Alto YF-29, and more importantly: MY VF-25 OZMA!

Oh FINALLY a complete skull Squadron. Bought from mandarake so She's second hand. Little dusty.. nothing dramatic. Some small scuffs; thats fine i can live with that. Joints a little loose, but better than i expected, so thats fine. Head lasers loose, but then i hear thats a thing with all of them; a little tape fixed it. The Skull symbol is crisp and clear, Ozma and Ranka there...... i'll just get the gunpod into his hand and.

IMG_2892_zps51a0b887.jpg

Well..... Frakk. Just.... Goddamn.. DAMN IT! There's even a little bit of glue where someone tried to fix it.

So yeah, busted Gunpod :( Dunno how i can fix that. i couldn't even get the gun apart enough to try.

Such a bummer. :(

This same thing happened to my Alto's Gunpod. I was just opening it up one day, and it snapped pretty much in the exact same spot. I built a new clip end out of some styrene bits. It's not quite as snug as brand new, but it's secure, and works.

Jarrod

You are lucky. I also got from Mandarake front store item and it came with a missing crotch piece and hip vents. I was highly anticipating it and when I took it out for the first time and discovered the missing pieces, it felt like my world just fell apart. But thanksfully, I have the cool dudes here in MW here who sorted me out by selling the extra pieces.

Props to pikashoo for that.

Edited by TCracker

Guest davidwhangchoi

You are lucky. I also got from Mandarake front store item and it came with a missing crotch piece and hip vents. I was highly anticipating it and when I took it out for the first time and discovered the missing pieces, it felt like my world just fell apart. But thanksfully, I have the cool dudes here in MW here who sorted me out by selling the extra pieces.

Props to pikashoo for that.

lol i remember pm'ing you on that. i probably got your missing vf25S crotch piece from mandarake bc it came in my armor parts set. while i was missing the crotch peice for the armor...

The V1 gun is different than the V2 beyond the tabs on the handle. There's also a locking mechanism in the V2 gun (where you pull the handle out), the V2 gun is a new mold with deeper detail in the vents, and there's the slight color difference. All that said, the V1 gun would definitely work in the hand of a V2 valk.

The only way I could see it happening is getting the cover caught on soemthing and pulling it, or somehow wrenching it sideways. As long as you're relatively careful not to twist it, I'd doubt it would break. The gunpod was just one of the issues this toy has that whoever owned it had tried to fix, the rest just didnt bother me/I could fix myself.

Yeah I was jumping the gun (no pun intended :D). I have actually handled my pods enough to not fear them, I have never heard of this problem and others started coming out of the woods talking about it. Sometimes I miss reported known problems with toys or sometimes users don't talk about it, so there may have been a chance that this is a problem with the renewals.

Edited by Loop

My second vf-25F came in... now i can open one up and chuck on the armor parts...

need to get one more in case the tornado parts appear

My spare is so waiting for tornado parts, if it doesn't happen I will keep him as a spare or possibly sell it in the future.

My second vf-25F came in... now i can open one up and chuck on the armor parts...

need to get one more in case the tornado parts appear

Agreed. I am in anticipation there will be a Tornado parts for the renewal.

At this point I have 4 VF25Fs. One with Super parts and the rest of the 3 are in storage due to space constraints. Once I have that sorted out, the 4th one will be Tornado decked. Crossing fingers!

Yeah I was jumping the gun (no pun intended :D). I have actually handled my pods enough to not fear them, I have never heard of this problem and others started coming out of the woods talking about it. Sometimes I miss reported known problems with toys or sometimes users don't talk about it, so there may have been a chance that this is a problem with the renewals.

I've never reported that my VF-25S gunpod has the exact same broken piece. This is bad manipulation, but this is due to the non-intuitive way that the gun opens and the crotch can easily break.

Since then, I never touched the other VF-25 gunpods.

It would be nice to have a shapeway of this piece !

Edited by Xigfrid

I've had this happen to my Alto. Same spot. Also, just got my third Alto today...anyone notice the circle on the top side of the plane, behind the head, being panel lined? It's the small one about an inch behind the head. Wondering if its just my copy

mine is like that too, it's just some of the grey paint from the underside of the back plate showing through.

Expect a VF-25G Renewal reissue announcement a few months after the re-release of the VF-25S is confirmed, which hasn't happened yet... Bandai may wait until close to the VF-25A's release before announcing Ozma's re-pop. I would not expect any news on reissuing Michael's unit for at least another 8-12 months, but anyone's guess is as good as mine.

Expect a VF-25G Renewal reissue announcement a few months after the re-release of the VF-25S is confirmed, which hasn't happened yet... Bandai may wait until close to the VF-25A's release before announcing Ozma's re-pop. I would not expect any news on reissuing Michael's unit for at least another 8-12 months, but anyone's guess is as good as mine.

This is what I am hoping for. *crosses fingers*

where are we getting info on re-release of vf-25s and vf25g from?

As far as we can tell it's pure speculation right now. Given how popular Ozma is it's a guarantee at some point. I would think that in terms of a Michael re-release it would only happen if they decided to do Tornado parts and likely they would bundle a Michael re-release with it. But maybe I'm just blowing smoke out of my butt. I really don't know how this stuff works.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i was about to say i'm envious of those hard to find valks :) then i remembered it's 2013 not 2012... most of us now have a chance to get them all except the 25s...

just need to open them up to play sometime... though still envious of the 25s...

damn bandai! give us the final bone to chase...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I got payment request last week. I just told them I have not gotten the VF-171 ex as such I won't be needing the super parts. But I do promise them I am paying the rest of my pre-orders (two only) end of this month to keep them still interested with me.

You should be fine as long as they don't send out the payment request. I would do it as soon as possible as to avoid any problems.