DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Ok, got my Alto from HLJ today. Only checked a few little things, won't transform until tomorrow or even the next day, but did check opening gear/canopy etc, and transformed just enough to put the gunpod on. A few little niggles/quirks/questions:

1. The canopy seems to securely click closed, but the main section is a little higher than the windscreen. Inherent, common, fixable?

2. Left side seems overall more secure/flush in fighter mode---notably how the left wingroot lies alongside the leg, and how "high" the leg is in fighter mode. If the entire fighter was as flush/tight as the left side, it'd look amazing--but the right side, the leg seems to "sag" just a little bit, making a bit of a gap/seam all around it. (and the right leg panel which you open for moving the ventral fin seems to never quite close)

Overall, my -27 seems to be more flush/secure in fighter mode---when it's together, everything goes EXACTLY into a certain spot. Despite being a later design/mold, the -25 renewal seems to have fewer pegs/tabs/clicks, relying more on "hinge friction" to hold it together---everything seems to stay in place, but only about half of it really seems to go in as tight/flush/close as it possibly can.

I also go my Alto delivered today. I compared mine to what you have posted.

1. Canopy on mine is exactly as you have written. The main section is ever so slightly raised compared to the windscreen.

2. On mine the right side in fighter is flush and aligned. I did transform it to partial Gerwalk mode (standing fighter mode).

Ok, got my Alto from HLJ today. Only checked a few little things, won't transform until tomorrow or even the next day, but did check opening gear/canopy etc, and transformed just enough to put the gunpod on. A few little niggles/quirks/questions:

1. The canopy seems to securely click closed, but the main section is a little higher than the windscreen. Inherent, common, fixable?

2. Left side seems overall more secure/flush in fighter mode---notably how the left wingroot lies alongside the leg, and how "high" the leg is in fighter mode. If the entire fighter was as flush/tight as the left side, it'd look amazing--but the right side, the leg seems to "sag" just a little bit, making a bit of a gap/seam all around it. (and the right leg panel which you open for moving the ventral fin seems to never quite close)

Overall, my -27 seems to be more flush/secure in fighter mode---when it's together, everything goes EXACTLY into a certain spot. Despite being a later design/mold, the -25 renewal seems to have fewer pegs/tabs/clicks, relying more on "hinge friction" to hold it together---everything seems to stay in place, but only about half of it really seems to go in as tight/flush/close as it possibly can.

Edited by Saburo

Yeah, the right side is not as flush as the left.

Definitely a step down compared to the RVF.

Glad I didn't pay 260$ from NY for this

Gee thanks ;-) Still waiting on mine from NY... I was hoping that it would be just like the RVF - its seemed so nice.

I have one to pick up today from CDJ. Second HLJ coming next week AND I cancelled one from NY!

Edit: AE, not CDJ.

Edited by xrentonx

My canopy is fine

but regarding the wing, you should try to rotate the legs inward in bit it will push the wing section a bit down

if it works you can glue a pre-cut piece of residual photoetch on the tab in the wing section (it would be invisible)

BUT FIRST : you should check if they did glue correctly the plates that hold the wings !

Edited by Ghostkiller

Got mine today, canopy lines up fine. the right wing glove doesn't sit against the leg quite as flush as the left side but overall it's fine. only issue I have is that the torso doesn't come together as well as on my RVF-25 in battroid mode. The sliding platform the head/neck sits on moves up and down easily and I can't get it to line up the same way I can on the RVF-25.