DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

I'm not 100% up on all Tamashii Web Exclusive releases, but the few I've bought and the serveral others I have checked into have never been re-released.

Bandai didn't re-release the VF-29 super-parts when the VF-29 was reissued. So I doubt they will do the same for any VF-25F/S Super/Armored parts.

Hopefully I'm wrong though.

Has NY opened up any more VF-25Fs this week yet? Since I missed them last week, am I SOL (until the release?) Pls. PM me if anyone see one available please - I'm still looking. (what a loser!) :wacko:

Hey cheng,

I was up last night and the only ones that opened up from NY was the RVF-25 and the VF 171 nightmare. HLJ never opened up anything. :( I tell you what, I scored 2 VF-25F's the other day and if you don't score one by the end of this preorder madness , I'll hook you up with one for the same price I got each for. :]

Hey cheng,

I was up last night and the only ones that opened up from NY was the RVF-25 and the VF 171 nightmare. HLJ never opened up anything. :( I tell you what, I scored 2 VF-25F's the other day and if you don't score one by the end of this preorder madness , I'll hook you up with one for the same price I got each for. :]

Woohoo! You've got a deal brother. I'll still keep looking though. Thanks a million.

Has NY opened up any more VF-25Fs this week yet? Since I missed them last week, am I SOL (until the release?) Pls. PM me if anyone see one available please - I'm still looking. (what a loser!) :wacko:

Have you signed up to be notified by them if NY opens again?

Have you signed up to be notified by them if NY opens again?

Yes, I signed up right from the very beginning, but have never received any notifications via e-mail from NY at all (yes, I've checked my spam)

Yes, I signed up right from the very beginning, but have never received any notifications via e-mail from NY at all (yes, I've checked my spam)

I have only gotten that feature to work a couple of times, and way after the orders closed lol.

Good thing (for us dirty gaijin) the Japanese yen is weakening.

Actually, the way it is.... its good for NY and not so much for us.

Rest of us Gaijin are only willing to pay up to a certain amt our own currency, just so happens that that same amount translates into more yen right now.

So, we end up paying the maximum we are willing to pay (in your own local currency) still, but it translates into much more Yen for NY (or a scalper dealing in Yen) ultimately.

The Weaker yen is good for both. 75% of Japan's economy is export-based and a weaker yen means more exports for Japan.

NY gets more sales, we get cheaper valks, it's win -win.

It does, however, suck for the native Japanese, however, since they do import quite a bit and weaker yen means more expenses.

NY automatically recalculates the exchange rate at time of invoice so they aren't skimming off the top for more yen as people would suggest......

Edited by Duymon

The Weaker yen is good for both. 75% of Japan's economy is export-based and a weaker yen means more exports for Japan.

NY gets more sales, we get cheaper valks, it's win -win.

It does, however, suck for the native Japanese, however, since they do import quite a bit and weaker yen means more expenses.

NY automatically recalculates the exchange rate at time of invoice so they aren't skimming off the top for more yen as people would suggest......

I somewhat agree. If the valks were at retail prices, then I would totally say yes(!), it is definitely a win for both... but with Bandai's valks, since are are forced to pay way higher than retail, not so much. Also, by taking the option to pay later, the exchange rate risk is totally borne by us consumers. NY and other dealers just get the same amount in Yen

Let me put it this way, if the yen was still as expensive as say 1 year ago, would we still be as likely to pay the kind of mark up NY is asking for now? For some, yes, but for most of us, no, and it is reflected in the prices that NY is asking for right now.

Strange---N-Y's alerts work great for me, and I only signed up a few weeks ago. Well, if I get one and it's "live" I'll PM you.

Yay! Thanks so much!!!

Guest davidwhangchoi

wow, it's still up? i can't believe it.... maybe bandai's mass producing them this time around....

Edited by davidwhangchoi

wow, it's still up? i can't believe it.... maybe bandai's mass producing them this time around....

If that were the case, why don't the other retailers have more too?

Anyway, this is good news. Now more people here can get a chance at owning this.

now I'm worried about the super and armored parts

At the bottom of the Otacute listing it says:

*In the unlikely event of a supply shortage products will be provided on a first-come-first-severed basis.

So maybe they will just leave the listing up and fill only the orders they can based on what stock is received.

This was my first time ordering from them. I didn't see a payment page at all. It was just a reservation. Without worrying about having to refund they can take reservations until the end of time and have nothing to worry about doing except sending out a "sorry, didn't get enough stock" emails to the unlucky ones.