DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

I went ahead and got a 171 nightmare last night for the $170-ish price. It was up for a good 10 minutes or so.

I guess nothing else opened up other than the 171 nightmare last night huh?? yeah , I got one added to my order yesterday just in case. I fell asleep next to my IPAD, woke up around 5 am and freaked out checking my IPAD for closed down missed pre-orders..!! lol, I swear it was like a really bad nightmare....! (no pun intended) :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Edited by erikos0311

I've purchased a few things from NY and by default I have it set up for U.S dollars instead of yen, however whenever I purchase something and it directs me to pay via PayPal it converts back to yen. Does anybody know why this is happening on the PayPal website and how do I switch it to U.S currency? Sorry don't mean to change the subject but I was lucky enough to get a VF25F from NY and it happened again on the PayPal website. Thanks for any help.

NY is a japnese company. They only work in yen or else they will have to pay exchange themselves. Showing the US rate on their website is moreof customer service, so you don't need to convert it yourself and wonder how much it really is.

Ultimately, we won't get away not paying the exchange transaction fee.

Instead of paying in US dollars and take a hit from paypal exchange rate, pay the yen price directly with your credit card, my credit card gives slightly better deal than paypal.

It just sounded like some people were could actually USD to NY. I don't know why bother asking them to change an invoice from USD to JPY then if you are paying the same price in Yen either way.

Because the way N-Y works, when you place a pre-order, you CAN "set" the price---in USD, at the current exchange rate to the Yen at that time. Example---my VF-171 was originally ordered at 219 shipped, as that's what 20200 yen was in USD at the time. The invoice will ask for 219 USD (basically doubled converted---they'll want $219 worth of yen, not the actual Yen cost of valk+shipping---so you pay Visa 219, they'll pay N-Y that many yen)---if you elected to pay $219---that's what you'll pay.

Whereas now, being changed to "actual Yen value", it's set at 20200 yen. Which is only 205 bucks now. So barring any sudden exchange rate swings between now and the -171 coming out, I'll pay my credit card company roughly 205 bucks, and they'll send N-Y 205 buck's worth of yen (20,200 of them). Which is a much better deal for me, than paying for 219 buck's worth of yen.

This can of course, back-fire, or change massively in your favor. If the opposite happens---you order say 50,000 yen of stuff, and elect to pay in USD. Right now, that'd be close to $500. Say it doesn't come out for a year. Yen plummets. A year from now, when packing up your stuff----N-Y asks for $500, not 50,000 yen. 50,000 yen a year from now could be only $300. You're paying 200 bucks more than you could---because N-Y isn't asking for 50,000 yen on the invocie---you said dollars, and 500 of them---so that's what N-Y wants---500 buck's worth.

Or, the opposite could happen---a year from now, 50,000 yen could cost $1200. But if you said "500 bucks US"---then that's what N-Y will get. Yes, it'll be converted to Yen on their end, but it'll still only cost you 500 bucks, instead of $1200 had you ordered at "actual yen cost".

Both customers and N-Y are basically playing a game of risk, with exchange rates.

I think you a word. ;)

If you're asking if they will fit, lorn_13 had managed to make them fit, but not without making modifications to the Tornado pack, I believe.

Edit: Here's his explanation how he did it: http://gbmshop.blogspot.com/2011/11/how-to-equip-tornado-pack-ver1-on-vf.html

Edited by MacrossJunkie

I'm thinking of cancelling my preorder. I paid in full. Do they refund it back to your paypal account or is it store credit (I would like to avoid this). And usually how long does it take to receive the refund? thanks guys

I'm thinking of cancelling my preorder. I paid in full. Do they refund it back to your paypal account or is it store credit (I would like to avoid this). And usually how long does it take to receive the refund? thanks guys

they refunded me back to my paypal account. it posted to my paypal account but not to my credit card yet. If they try to give you store credit raise hell.

Because the way N-Y works, when you place a pre-order, you CAN "set" the price---in USD, at the current exchange rate to the Yen at that time. Example---my VF-171 was originally ordered at 219 shipped, as that's what 20200 yen was in USD at the time. The invoice will ask for 219 USD (basically doubled converted---they'll want $219 worth of yen, not the actual Yen cost of valk+shipping---so you pay Visa 219, they'll pay N-Y that many yen)---if you elected to pay $219---that's what you'll pay.

Whereas now, being changed to "actual Yen value", it's set at 20200 yen. Which is only 205 bucks now. So barring any sudden exchange rate swings between now and the -171 coming out, I'll pay my credit card company roughly 205 bucks, and they'll send N-Y 205 buck's worth of yen (20,200 of them). Which is a much better deal for me, than paying for 219 buck's worth of yen.

This can of course, back-fire, or change massively in your favor. If the opposite happens---you order say 50,000 yen of stuff, and elect to pay in USD. Right now, that'd be close to $500. Say it doesn't come out for a year. Yen plummets. A year from now, when packing up your stuff----N-Y asks for $500, not 50,000 yen. 50,000 yen a year from now could be only $300. You're paying 200 bucks more than you could---because N-Y isn't asking for 50,000 yen on the invocie---you said dollars, and 500 of them---so that's what N-Y wants---500 buck's worth.

Or, the opposite could happen---a year from now, 50,000 yen could cost $1200. But if you said "500 bucks US"---then that's what N-Y will get. Yes, it'll be converted to Yen on their end, but it'll still only cost you 500 bucks, instead of $1200 had you ordered at "actual yen cost".

Both customers and N-Y are basically playing a game of risk, with exchange rates.

We're really, really making this more complex than it really is guys.

This is not some crazy weird system NY employs to get more money off you guys.

If an item is 18000 yen,

When you preorder and prepay, you pay exchange rate at time of prepay. NY gets 18000 yen right there.

When you preorder and wait to pay, NY will readjust the USD amount to the current exchange rate. NY still gets 18000 yen.

Either way, NY gets 18000 yen. The exchange rate only affects the customer, not NY. They always get 18000 yen.

It only gets wonky if you have an "old" preorder and the exchange rate has changed dramatically and you prepay before they readjust your invoice.

Changing your invoice to yen and paying in yen through Paypal forces the exchange fee onto you, the buyer. I have always paid USD to NY and they seem to do the exchange internally.

It only gets wonky if you have an "old" preorder and the exchange rate has changed dramatically and you prepay before they readjust your invoice.

The VF-171 release is getting close, and experimenting with "almost" paying still showed the "original" higher quoted price---thus why I asked for the change.

Also, some people (including me) actually like to pay-off preorders early---so that we can have a nice steady credit card bill every month, instead of suddenly getting one asking for half a grand or more because multiple things released at once. May's going to be expensive as it is for me---but paying for some things now, will help average things out and be easier on the check book. And with my invoice at N-Y at 219 instead of 205, makes a difference. And it could easily be 200 soon.

The VF-171 release is getting close, and experimenting with "almost" paying still showed the "original" higher quoted price---thus why I asked for the change.

I think they recently tweaked the system or something. I have most my orders in yen, but I do have one in usd. When I tried to "almost pay" today, the bill was for the original usd amount back in the day when usd-jpy was low.

But this was not what happened three months ago--back then, when I tried to pay an usd bill, I was given a bill that reflected the new usd value based on the old yen price.

nice!! got it!,,,, dang,, its still open!

This will do for now, but Im gonna stick around hLJ to hopefully snatch one up for cheaper! :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Edited by erikos0311

Super parts for VF-25F is up again at NY but the price is 15.500 yen !! higher than the VF-25F itself at retail..

For armor parts it still at 19.000 yen, at that price it really scare ppl of from buying them.. Just hope Bandai will reissue the parts also.

YF-29 Alto

1st Issue : Jun 2011

2nd Issue : May 2012

Super Parts : Sep 2011, still no news for the reissue till now

VF-25F Renewal

1st Issue : Oct 2011

2nd Issue : Jul 2013

VF-25S Renewal

1st Issue : Jan 2012

2nd Issue : unknown

Super Parts : Apr 2012

Armor Parts : Jun 2012

Do Bandai have any history of reissuing their TAMASHII WEB SHOP exclusive/limited toys ?

If not then hunting down these parts will be harder than the valks itself..

but the VF-25F being the 1st renewal to be released, it would logically follow that we ought to see the super parts and armor parts reissued for these before any other super parts get reissued right?

I am considering if I should take the plunge and fork out 7500yen and 11000 yen for these to get one now.. ahead of the release in July.

but the VF-25F being the 1st renewal to be released, it would logically follow that we ought to see the super parts and armor parts reissued for these before any other super parts get reissued right?

I am considering if I should take the plunge and fork out 7500yen and 11000 yen for these to get one now.. ahead of the release in July.

At the NY now :

VF-25F SP : 15.500 yen & AP : 19.000 yen

VF-25S SP : 9.600 yen & AP : 15.000 yen

YF-29 Alto SP : 17.800 yen --> the longer it's been released the higher the price just went up.. MSRP just 3.150 yen about 5.5x markup !!

Are there any other place besides auction that these parts are still available but not with high markup as NY?

Has NY opened up any more VF-25Fs this week yet? Since I missed them last week, am I SOL (until the release?) Pls. PM me if anyone see one available please - I'm still looking. (what a loser!) :wacko:

These prices are very good. I haven't see this kind of price even before the announcement of the reissue. Is anywhere still offering the parts at those prices?