DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Has A-E already gone and sold out, or is it a placeholder? Or do people expect them to get more and re-open?

AE sold out yesterday. The only popular one left is HLJ. Even that one we're not sure coz no one here has managed to buy one so it's either a placeholder or its sold out as well.

Has A-E already gone and sold out, or is it a placeholder? Or do people expect them to get more and re-open?

they've already opened and closed (pretty fast too) at full retail price.

Not sure if they'll get a restock but no harm camping

If I were you, I'd place priority on NY first as they've usually managed to squeeze in a few extra restocks before right?

Edited by SaitouSad

Guest davidwhangchoi

wow, i had the search filter to macross frontier products on otacute, the vf-171 and rvf-25 show up w/ sold out... but the vf-25f never filtered through. lessons learning how each site lists it's preorders

Edited by davidwhangchoi

If even NY could sell out 28 pieces in a matter of a minute or so... just who IS buying all these?

is the Frontier /Valk fandom that big enough that these keep getting snapped up?

It's because its the same people buying their second, third (fourth?) copy. 28 quanity won't last long that way.

Damn... I had refreshing the page every 5 minutes... and i did not even stand a chance!

i would refresh every 15 to 20 seconds..! and be in and out like a Bandai Ninja! :ph34r::ph34r:

If Otacute sells out in 10 secs.. I'm guessing they didn't have a lot of stock to begin with...

Back to camping at NY? Maybe they've managed to pull a few more stock for later

So now that we've exhausted most of the sites, where else do people have left to go?

Angloz? A-E again?

Does Otacute have the option to pay later like NY or paypal at checkout??

Watch NY...and keep an eye open for HLJ. I don't think there's solid evidence of hlj actually selling their preorders yet. The only evidence is second hand so far, I think.

Using my rather crappy memory I do sorta remember Otacute relisting the RVF-25 a few days after their first listing... Might have to check that out...

yeah that's how I got my pre-order in from them. I wouldn't rely too much on Otacute though, I got my VF-25G and YF-29 pre-order cancelled by them.

yeah that's how I got my pre-order in from them. I wouldn't rely too much on Otacute though, I got my VF-25G and YF-29 pre-order cancelled by them.

That sucks!! :o I got my VF-25G from them, no problems... My VF-171 is on order with them too... :unsure:

NY is probably the best place to get one without having to worry about your preorder being cancelled. Any retailer confident enough to sell preorders at a $70 premium on top of MSRP most likely has access to inventory.

Duymon sums up the feelings of buying these pretty much accurately.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=38653&p=1026307

This is the procedure:

1. Check the boards everyday, particularly the DX VF-25 thread

2. Once pre-orders are announced, you need to stock up on the following:

• Red Bull and some food
  • Stress Balls
  • Alcohol (very important)

Lock yourself in your man-cave and make an account, complete with
payment info, on all the major sites. Here's a few to get you started

• HLJ
  • Hobbysearch
  • Amiami
  • Anime-Export
  • Nippon-yasan
  • Play-asia
  • CD-japan

4. Around 1 hour before the preorder window (typically 16:00 JST) OPen up a browser window on each online store you know of and Log into your account. The time it takes to login could cost you your valkyrie.

Either get an autorefresh script or F5 every page until you see your
target. Squeeze stress ball to release stress and tension because you'll
need to be ACCURATE with your mouse. Fractions of seconds count!

6A.
If you're able to get a valk in your cart and al lteh way to checkout /
payment, you succeed. Proceed to Mw boards to brag about getting a
pre-order.

6B. If you're like 99.9% of Mw-er's you
won't get a pre-order. Go Bitch on the boards about missing the
pre-order and then proceed to bitch about Bandai, Scalpers, and then
more Bandai. Afterwards cry yourself to sleep while drinking lots of
alcohol to dull the pain.

7. Wake up with a hangover only to check the boards and see you missed the Nippon-yasan reopen. Repeat Step 6B

Say "F*** it," Give in and order the long-open Nippon-yasan valk at
40-50 dollar markup because that's the only way you'll ever see this
valk.

9. heal over time, return to normal. Deal with Bandai Preorder PTSD and await the next dreaded Preorder announcement.

Did I get it right everyone?

Does Otacute have the option to pay later like NY or paypal at checkout??

Otacute has pay later via Paypal. But they also do not allow cancellations. Not sure of the repercussions other than a ban I guess

lol.... In all seriousness, we can consider taking leave on pre-order days simply to devote out time fully pressing "F5" on the PC!

the anguish that would follow if we even missed out on the preorders while on leave would be unimaginable..

Yeah...HLJ has been known to put up placeholders that just say that without actually putting the item up for preorder. They usually wait awhile...usually. My guess is they confirm the amount of stock they are allocated before putting the item up for sale so they're almost always last.

I always watch them just in case...

Edited by xrentonx

HLJ? I thought on the 2nd/3rd someone said they saw it go up and out?

Yeah, I thought so too but no one has actually chimed in saying they got one from HLJ so as far as I'm concerned...it's still up in the air. But it's definitely wishful thinking on my part too :)

I oughtta send them an email and see if they'll tell me...

Edited by xrentonx